[Suggestion] To: The Developers (Construction System Is Great!+Suggestions since I used the Construction System)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Destroyer0370

1. Base Breaching tools, equipment. Infantry can be put in one of their slots, utility slot or other, the special explosives to breach the walls, damage the bunkers, even when they are influenced by repair module. They can get cut down, by defenders, while rushing to place it, to be fair. They have to use tank support, hide behind whatever cover, to help them make it to the base of the walls and bunkers, those front line defensive structures, to take them out.

Developers, thanks for making the walls and bunker invulnerable to fire, when under repair module influence. People cannot just simply spawn tanks and like, then swarm; killing our bases with almost no effort, as in the past.

2. Can you make it that we put a "check box"(i.e. Allowed to drive Vehicle: [x]) in when in the vehicle access screen, to allow anyone to drive the vehicle, IF Unlock/Platoon/Squad, one of those vehicle options are selected also. Therefore if "Unlock" is selected, then anyone can jump in the vehicle and drive it, IF, the checkbox is filled. Another example... Any Platoon member can drive it IF, "Platoon" and the checkbox if filled, but no one else. The same idea if "Squad" is selected+Check box is filled, then only people in the Squad will be able to drive the vehicle, and no one else(i.e. no platoon member or Empire member).

3. Can you put a "Empty symbol" over a vehicle if to tell others they can take it for themselves, if the owner logs off or Spawns another Vehicle? Those vehicles disappear after 1 minute, but someone could take possession of them if they see the Empty symbol over the vehicles.
  2. Destroyer0370

Breaching, that is talked about above, more refined...
    - Make the Walls+other structures able to partially be destroyed at the site of breach with the damage equivalent "Damage" that the breaching action does. i.e. say a person put the bomb at the corner of the a wall and and activates it, then that part/polygon is blown up and people can get into the base. Note:....How you do this is just create the Wall+other structures with different zones/parts that the game recognizes,so whatever part a breaching occurs, then that is the part that disappears. The structures(walls etc.) can be repaired to make the damage hole disappear(as health is restored when repairing, a new sub-part is created on the fix up the wall/bunker)

-Perhaps show a special symbol over the individuals carrying the breaching equipment/explosive, so that we can identify to a priority targets!
  3. LodeTria

You can do this already. Hold Q will placing your cross-hair on it and you'll get a radial menu with the ability to lock it to squad only.
  4. Destroyer0370

Important suggestion!!!, well I think so :p...

Change Game To Have Layered Map Characteristics(to further bond with the construction system, and still even give more depth in other forms).
    - Layer 1/polygons is the base layer is the Terrain map Only(i.e. contours(mountains,valleys so on)+skin(i.e road graphics etc.)
    - Layer 2/polygons Permanent Bases and other structures(i.e Ammunition Towers, Antenna and like)
    - Layer 3/polygons Vegetation(i.e. Trees), Boulders {Note...These can be deleted on map by the deconstruct tool if a silo is close/influences them}
    - Layer 4/Polygons Player made structures, as we have now

The reason for this is that it makes it, from my perspective, for you Developers to change up the map easier if/when needed in the future + Us players can interact with certain things in the environment and change the environment to some degree (i.e. the deletion of trees/boulders hindering our bases)
  5. Destroyer0370

Three things...
    I did not check for grammar with my "Breaching, that is talked about above, more refined..."/ #42 post. Some sentences, I see there, are somewhat incoherent. Still, I am sure it is understandable enough for you to get the idea.
    - Certain parts of the walls can be breached
    -Special breaching equipment needed
    - ONLY Engineers with their repair tool can go at the breached site and repair it and/or it takes a while(i.e. 2 minute) before it can be repaired by repair module+Engineer's repair tools. This gives attacker's time to enter the base( Note: The breaching explosives/equipment have Nanites that prevent repair for that time at the breached site). <- NEW Refined Suggestion

2. Pooling of Construction items in Squads/Platoons. When in a squad or platoon, a person can then put "x" in 2 check boxes when they access any silo/Ant on the map to allow others to build/place down their construction items for them. There will be 2 check boxes, one for "Squad" and one for "Platoon". Therefore if that person is in a squad+platoon, other members can put down their share of walls etc. Note...These check boxes work, if the person is in a squad+platoon already or even if they choose to join one later on the current Continent map.

Important:!!!!!!!
    3. Mini Map show a grid on it+The Structure's shaded footprint, to place it down precisely on map. We, currently, cannot place down our base walls straight, only somewhat straight. Also, perhaps make it that we can press a button/keyboard key, when we have a structure to be placed down, to see a Grid on the Ground?

I forgot something else, regarding the my last post and having to do with deletion of thing on the map with "Deconstruction Tool". The Deconstruction Tool, can also delete those orange metal containers and other small things, to make space for player made bases, IF those things are under the influence of a silo!
  6. Sovereign533

That was a really old post. Posted before you could do that.
    Was implemented not long after, that's true :p
  7. Destroyer0370

1. Set Reserve amount in silo, so people cannot take from it when it gets that low also.

2. Set range when turrets should engage a target.

3. Seriously need all these options+previous suggestions/features to be accessed from the Ant console and Silo Consoles
  8. Klabauter8

There should be a teleporter which can quickly warp you to another point.
    Sometimes it's too hard to reach areas fast enough when an attack happens.

A landingpad for aircrafts which repairs and refills ammo also would be nice.

And maybe a radar like the vehicle radar.

Also a smaller bunker. The current bunker is so huge, yet always so empty.
    Just a small bunker for engie turrets would be nice.
  9. Klabauter8

You can already place walls seamless. It just takes fine adjusting.
  10. Destroyer0370

1. Weapon Consoles. Weapon consoles to re-equip and change in Max Infantry units are needed since we have the spawn tubes now! Note: Weapon consoles cannot go beside each other, they will have a minimum range to build if one is already built by a player(i.e. like the turrets).

2. Seamless walls. Since I see you guys talking about seamless wall structures, then I suppose I will give an idea.

We have, currently, 5 walls structures(3 long walls+2 Blast walls) in the game a single player can create. I suggest to make a pool of the length of those 5 walls structures and give the player the ability to set down how long a wall he/she wants. For example the combined length of the 5 walls are 100 meters, then the player can select any of the wall versions(long wall or Blast wall" and press the alternate fire button/keyboard key to switch to using all 100 meters if wish by using the "+" (to increase length from 1 meter outward) or "-"(to bring it back down to 1 meter length). Also, when in that mode, with the alternate fire button/keyboard key is pressed, only see the footprint of the other structures(i.e. infantry tower, silo, etc.), so he/she has an easier time placing the wall. Third, If the player places down the first wall, i.e. 25 meters, which leaves 75 meters in the pool, then he/she can place down another one, starting on the ends of the first place down wall structure, either to extend it OR make it perpendicular to have a seamless base corner. Fourth, each segment of wall placed down in this manner will be considered separate(i.e. if the first segment that was placed down in the example, 25 meters, was destroyed by enemy, then only that wall part disappears and the user has 25 meters added back to the pool of wall to create/rebuild).
  11. Savadrin

Infantry terminals would be nice, but sundy's are easy to come by. I'm for it anyway, and I'm sure they are on the horizon.

1) I would like the gaps in the side of the blast walls to fill in with solid, no-shoot, friendly pass only shields when in range of a shield generator. then they won't be ******* useless.

2) I would like that the ammo dispenser shows up on the minimap like any ammo tower AND that it works for Air as well. It would be a helpful addition.

3) Slightly loosen the clip requirements on all base walls (by like a foot or less) so that the overlap jenga game doesn't take 30 minutes. OR give them an optional "snap" feature to ensure that they connect. Give that feature a checkbox so you can choose whether or not you want it.

4) Give me a half-height Xiphos platform, or even shackle me with a ground-based one like the squat AV turret. OR let me place the Xiphos alone on top of a pillbox/Infantry tower. Skywall interference can be real - yes it can be planned around, but half-height towers are $$ for DayBreak and options for me.

5) GIVE ME A DUCKING CERT LINE TO INCREASE MY SILO CAPACITY. MAYBE EVEN OPTION TO PLACE A SECONDARY SILO IN RANGE.

There are a ton of minor adjustments that would be nice but aren't really necessary. I agree with being able to limit silo use to a threshold for ALL players. Especially when blueberries roll tough on your vehicle terminal and just pull sundy's like there's no tomorrow and no end to your cortium supply.
  12. Destroyer0370

These Two are also Important...
    1. Only the owner of the silo has the ability to delete structures he/she places, even if it is open to squad or platoon members. Squad members or platoon members deleting things that I have placed down in my base(I created the silo, I own it). They must not be able to do so, only able to delete their things in the base, that I own.

2. Make use select "Custom Building" as an option as well, in the menu where "lock silo, etc. located". If we press on it we can set what things a player can take from the silo and also if those things can be built by other players in the silo controlled area. People are taking tall turrets or hives and building them in the base, and they(in case of tall turrets, especially in battle) getting destroyed and wasting cortium. Therefore a player can select only repair modules, walls, other players can take from his/her silo and build those things in the area influenced by the silo. It will look something like this, where you select "[x] Custom Building" just like "[x} Lock Silo, etc." already in the game, but the player can also press on the "Custom Building" name itself and select what others(other players) can take from silo and build in silo influence.
  13. Artanisen

I haven't really dived into base building but i have messed around and observed and
    the one thing that might need to be added is a cortium bank storage.
    So some can spend time farming cortium so he/she can use it later or
    help delivering cortium to fellow base builders.