RIP Sunderer squads...proximity repair nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Voodoo4500, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Voodoo4500

proximity repair for repairing other sunderers is now nerfed to 50%
    RIP Sunderer squads
    • Up x 1
  2. Mojo_man

Wait what? Is this on PTS or has it gone live?

Edit: And I hardly agree that this is a doomsday situation.
    • Up x 1
  3. FailasaurusRex

4. Demigan

Sunderers will be less tanky, good.

Sunderers already perform too many roles, Sunderers should always have been support vehicles and nothing more. Their capability to tank damage is only there to give it survivability as an AMS. It shouldn't ever have been capable of going up against tanks, especially not as a Sunderer ball.
    • Up x 5
  5. Humoreske

very nice.
    • Up x 3
  6. AxiomExotic

Oh god dammit devs stop with the ******* nerfs on everything lately. This just means alot less repair sunderers will be pulled for repair work because ´they arent as good at their job now. And besides, how to deal with the sunderer balls was to just go to another place, or just focus on one of the sunderers at a time. I dont get why all these nerfs are happening. Id also really love to see the repair xp cap removed for sunderers.
  7. RykerStruvian

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. I'm not saying this because if sundie ball, I'm saying it since theres a serious lack of support roles for vehicles and repair sundie was just one of those that actually helped a lot. If it makes people play more cautious though, then I think it won't be too bad. However, more like than not people will just use the next big thing rather due to minmax.

I'll still run rep sundie. I just wish there was more incentive to run support roles.
  8. Nody

They should look at giving repair sundies the job to repair air and repair galaxies to repair ground (at a better rate than what's currently on live) combined with providing ammo to everyone (due to the more niche role ammo combined into it makes more sense); that way you'd have more combined arms style support.
    • Up x 1
  9. repairtool6

I think its important to remember the rep-sundy will still be just as viable to help/support other tanks and vehicles. And imo this is its primary design/function. Its just that sundies dont rep EACH OTHER as fast as they used too.

U can still roll around mbts/lightnings etc. etc. and repair just as fast as before.

Also: "Sundie-blobs" will not die off with this. It simply will not. They are still cheap and accessible. Still an option when desperate enough. Probably we will see more blockade-sundies mixed in and the rep-sundies kitted for strictly AA/AI staying in the background.
    • Up x 1
  10. adamts01

Haha! This is long past due. There might be hope for this game yet.
    • Up x 2
  11. SNEAKYSNIPES1

Great, the less spam the better. I hate force multipliers. Updates like this encourage people to actually use skill.
    • Up x 1
  12. FLHuk

Not so much a nerf as common sense being applied too late.

I say this as a long time rep bus user. It's performing a non intended role too well!

Busses should never have been more tanky than tanks.
    • Up x 2
  13. AlexR

Mmm, that's nice! Very nice! Already tired of sunderer columns driving around and melting everything being unpunished, creating the no-play zones around them. Now is the time to farm you, what a cool fix.
    • Up x 1
  14. CrimsonEclipse5

MUH REPPING BALL! Noooooooooooooo....
  15. stalkish

Please, by all means, inform us of you definition of 'skillful gameplay' so we can all adhere to your standards.
  16. stalkish

TBH im disappointed, no more 10 strong sundy balls for me to crush, makes me sad.
    Maybe since they're 50% nerfed well see 100% more sundies, so perhaps ill get to take on 20 strong balls :D, but somehow i doubt it.

Also why just sundy v sundy repairs, makes no sense to me.
    Whats next medics heal other medics at a reduced rate?
  17. Money

Honestly, I was getting tired of those rep Sundy gank squads rolling around killing everything in their path..............good fix
    • Up x 1
  18. cobrakhan5

STOP THE DAMN NERFING
  19. Daigons

Good riddance to poor game play.
    • Up x 1
  20. Strrog

OK I am getting really ******* pissed so much expensive CERT items have been NERFED, gatake keeper ******, repair sundy ******, repair exp cap wtf is this ****. I would like refunds on certin items i bough with DB cash then like gatekeeper for example .

Vehicle Tuning
    Sunderer's Proximity Repair cert line now repairs friendly Sunderers at a reduced rate.
    Rank 1: Repair from 25 to 12.5 per second on friendly Sunderers.
    Rank 2: Repair from 75 to 37.5 per second on friendly Sunderers.
    Rank 3: Repair from 100 to 50 per second on friendly Sunderers.
    Rank 4: Repair from 125 to 62.5 per second on friendly Sunderers.
    Rank 5: Repair from 150 to 75 per second on friendly Sunderers.

f off