Empire Specific MAX abilities - if all factions had access to all of them...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by NovaAustralis, Mar 16, 2014.

1. NovaAustralis

Here's a hypothetical for the MAX professionals...

So imagine if all the factions (TR, VS and NC) captured and reverse-engineered the Empire Specific technology of their foes? :eek:

Specifically thinking about the Empire Specific MAX suits (including weapons)

and their Empire Specific abilities (Lockdown, ZOE and Aegis shield)
    what combination of MAX traits and ability do you think would / wouldn't work?

TR Lockdown - already in
    VS Lockdown - the VS MAX weapons already have a decent RoF and reload times. This would complement that aspect, but losing mobility for a VS MAX might be a high price to pay…
    NC Lockdown – For the ‘shotgun’ faction, this ability would be warmly welcomed, I reckon. A lot of NC MAXs have to stand and cover doorways at close range anyway, so locking down and getting a better RoF and especially better reload for it might not be a bad thing.

TR Ancile Shield – A bright red glowing shield, with a mini-gun sticking around the side of it… need I say more?
    VS Ajax Shield – being the quickest MAX suit and thereby having to lose speed to increase protection would make for an interesting choice for VS MAX users. Would a MAX suit be lost most often by being too slow to get into cover or by not having a few extra HP to absorb?
    NC Aegis Shield - already in

TR Combat Overdrive Engine more weapon damage and increased movement speed in exchange for the risk of more damage received, sounds like something a MAX user wielding a high RoF weapon could get used to!
    VS Zealot Overdrive Engine - already in
    NC Rebel Overdrive Engine - the increased movement speed would be welcomed, the NC MAX weapons already do plenty of damage, especially at close range, but could the extra damage received be a bad enough downside?

Please discuss! :)
  2. Sargentmki

Well its nice to think about, but it all never happen sadly Haha.

ZOE - is probably the best overall due to the mobility aspect. NC need to get close, thus need mobility to do their job. TR need more damage to basically become the BEST with ZOE. AS higher damage with their high ROF weapons would make them devastating in many situations.
    All of them will benefit from speed, to dodge rockets, chase down infantry and simply get to cover. ZOE is a very powerful ability because mobility = life, its why heavies can beat down a max if they know what they are doing, its their mobility and firepower.

AGEIS- NC maxes probably are the best with them, the other two factions would use it for the nich breach and clear style use of the shield. Both VS and TR have short enough reloads the shield won't do them much good like it does with a reloading NC MAX.

LOCKDOWN- I am not really a fan of this ability in general. As you said NC need the reload aspect the most and probably would benefit from it in AI aspect. The ability does shine in fire support, against armor and a distance. Not sure how the charge on the VS would work in lockdown. I see this being sorta OP for NC falcons... think about how fast you can dump rockets down range??? Forget shotguns lol.

CONCLUSION.
    NC would benefit the most from all available abilities, probably pushing them into OP land with either one. (Super falcons, or speedy HIGHER damage shotguns)

ZOE would be the most useful to all, again mobility is life. Throw in extra damage and you get a high skill cap damage unit, it may make the max more vulnerable, but who cares WHEN THEY ARE DEAD!

AGEIS would probably be the least welcome, as the time it takes to put up the shield, and put back down is roughly the time it takes to reload weapons for the VS/TR. Throw in how unreliable the shield can be, few would use it besides the NC. Or no one if they had then other two options, beyond the very nitch use of a breach and clear.
    • Up x 1
  3. starlinvf

I'm just trying to imagine the flocks of Raven fire from lockdown NC MAXs...... and the projectile speed increase?
    • Up x 3
  4. TheBlindFreak

Interesting idea. But as an NC player, I guarantee that giving us zoe would be a BIG mistake.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dalzaar¤

That would be scary....and super ANNOYING!!! Ravens already make one of the most annoying noices in the game and having multible MAXes use em at much higher fire rates....sounds off.
    • Up x 1
  6. DevDevBooday

Bottom line is, everyone would do best with ZOE.
  7. Killerdude8

Hmm, I'd rather not, I quite like Each faction having a Specific and unique set of abilities, I don't think I'd want to blur the lines between the 3.
  8. NovaAustralis

Heh, well okay then young padawan...
    Do you know how much 'Faction Specific' gear each faction actually has, versus the NS (common) pool stuff?
    Don't fall for the 'factions are different but balanced' line...
    • Up x 2
  9. bonkfire

I wish NC could even do that. But it was found to be to powerful with a hacksaw.
    • Up x 1
  10. TorigomaSET

This. This is what I was thinking when I saw NC Lockdown. 2-3 Dual Raven MAXes in Lockdown would be enough to eradicated any amount of Armor.
    • Up x 1
  11. The Walrus Whisperer

I like the idea but they'd likely have to implement new ESA's and they are unlikely to do that
  12. Klondor

Speaking from experience with lockdown. Giving an NC max rank 5 lockdown, and grinders would be almost completely unstoppable unless someone is a master of abusing clientside rocket hipfire, or throwing c4 around corners.

Other than that. Do you REALLY think NC with Ravens and lockdown would be at all fair? They're broken as hell to begin with, we don't need them even more overpowered.
    For VS having lockdown, their AI weaponry would outclass TR's max chain guns completely due to their higher damage model, and comets would be completely broken. Imagine the equivalent of a HEAT prowler with double it's fire rate in anchor mode, with no projectile gravity.

On top of all these problems, add in the fact that lockdown also increases projectile velocity. Comets, Ravens, Falcons, and Mattocks with slugs would be utterly ridiculous to fight against.

As interesting as it would be for the other factions to have lockdown, there are huge advantages given to some because of their nature, compared to the advantage that the original faction receives. So i would just plainly say NO to lockdown for the other maxes.
  13. Covah

NC MAX lockdown with ravens / falcon would be completely insane.

Same for VS Vortex and Comet.

Pounder is fine because you have a big drop even when anchored, so it's hard to hit long range.
    Fracture is fine because it deals 0 dmg.

For AI : who the hell use lockdown for AI ?? It's ******* suicide.

As a TR i would take NC shield for AI.
    But i prefer charge all the way.
  14. toxs

Awesome thread. *For all I would still use dodge.

NC MAX - lockdown no thanks, Zoe might be fun to mess with .

VS MAX - shield would be interesting. Lockdown no thanks.

TR MAX - shield no. ZOE probably not