[BUG] Freezing worse than ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Nov 28, 2016.

1. JobiWan

Totally unplayable tonight. Screen freezes, crashes, massive hikes in pings (1000+) and of course every time I come back I'm dead.

I don't know what's changed but I'm sick of it.
  2. RykerStruvian

I'm not sure what the issue is, and this doesn't exactly help, but I played for nine hours yesterday and had no issues. I use the non-Steam client, have a GTX 980 TI, 16gb of ram, SSDs, etc. I would suggest turning on the ingame FPS / latency meters (I think the FPS is alt+f) and monitor the activity if its your CPU/GPU thats in use.

Might also help to stress test your GPU using MSI afterburner to make sure its not the culprit. Use Prime95 to stress test your CPU. If theres crashes, post the event logs from event logger in Windows.

The only time I'll have problems with Planetside 2 is in massive fights, in which case my CPU is the bottleneck and gets stuck at 30fps. But otherwise my FPS is usually around 60.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I had infrequent, but lengthy, lag hitches from after the construciton update to the patch before the last one. They went away after that patch but the latest one has brought them back :oops:.

There seem to be issues for some players but not others and the issues tend to rotate around - affecting some, then others. Game is not unpalyable for me, but it is irrirtating.

Someone commented in another post a couple of weeks ago that the devs were aware of server issues and were working on them..............
  4. RykerStruvian

Yeah, last night on Emerald, everyone got disconnected from Amerish once, lol. Ugh.
  5. Bloodwod

I got three 10 second freezes tonight on Connery while in VR. They happened very closer together. Have had intermittent freezes elsewhere over the last few days.

I game on an i5 with a GTX950.
  6. JobiWan

There was a GeForce update which seems to have helped. The problem is only with PS2, other games run perfectly. For me the freezing was fixed for about a week but came back 2 or 3 nights ago. Last night was a bit glitchy but no long freezes.
  7. stalkish

Sad to hear of your troubles Jobi.
    Hopefuly you can get back to killing me again real soon, and enjoying the game whilst doing it :).
  8. AllRoundGoodGuy

The game hardly ever freezes for me. However, about once a session the game will just completely exit.