[Suggestion] Instant Action: To another continent, where there is no action

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Nov 24, 2016.

1. OgreMarkX

Please stop Instant Action from suggesting a different continent. Especially to Hossin, while all the action is on Esamir or Amerish or Indar.

Keep instant action contained within the player's current continent.
    • Up x 9
  2. kr47er

lol it's all you fault, you had 10 secs to see where you were going...still decided to go...plus you should have a continent warp confirmation jesus...
    IA is only usefull to see if it sends you where you want to go, if not, bad luck.
    Also It sends you based on balancing procedures, maybe there is no one when it sends you, but more people will soon appear since probably IA is sending them to the same place.
  3. Liewec123

unfortunately they deliberately made it that way.
    earlier on it did what it says, you press the button and get dropped instantly into the action.

it is useless now, just avoid using it ;)
  4. OgreMarkX

Oh I never actually GO there. When I hit instant action and I see it's trying to exile me to Hossin I quickly cancel and and reload the current map. It's just an annoying "game feature" when I have to do that.

It's like when, out of the corner of your eye you think you spot a spider drop onto your arm and you instantly launch yourself 6 feet into the air, corkscrewing and defying gravity as you Bruce Lee Left Hand Swipe it faster than the eye can see, landing perfectly back in place with your right hand back on the mouse.

BOOM HEAD SHOT.

It's just an annoying game feature which makes me wonder about the design philosophy...like the game UI not remembering what spawn I selected if I go to class inventory screen and back out...or how the map UI can't remember what zoom I had it set to and each time I flip back to the map I have endure the DRAMATIC ZOOM IN "feature" only to mouse wheel back out to where I like it.

Quality of life UI. Not a real strength here...

DBG needs to have an outside UI guy come in and walk through player actions repetitively to see where improvements can be made--looking always to simplify, eliminate, or reduce.
  5. PlanetBound

Completely agree. Seems like instant action is faction or alert biased.
  6. Artanisen

If you press I.A. and cancel multiple times
    it will eventually go to a spot where theres heavy
    fighting.
  7. zaspacer

Instant Action has been a mess forever. It robust, useful, and used at launch. Then shortly after launch they made it better and you could select from multiple big battles. Then they gutted it and it's been terrible as different variations of frustrating to worthless for most players ever sense.

It does stand out as probably being the worst intentional version of Instant Action in any game that actually has Instant Action working as intended. It is notably atrocious for the New Player Experience.
    • Up x 1
  8. stalkish

You leave instant action alone!
    Its been a long standing tradition on planetside for instant action to send you to anywhere but where there is action.

In ps1 it was useless for the most part, in ps2 its the same.
    Infact it was intentionally broken to give this game a more planetside feel at the start.
  9. Ximaster

I don't understand...if the "Instant Action" button doesn't leave u to the action,what of "Instant Action" have????
  10. TrolKabu

It probably considers that a drop from the sky is a good action.