Nerf the annoying bounty system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dimus90k, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Demigan

Also, nerfing bounties makes them useless. Currently they are already borderline useless, functioning mostly as a target of opportunity and occasionally helping focus fire.

If anything bounties need to be huntable. An arrow on your screenbpointing to the nearest bounty, but it updates only once every 10 seconds.
  2. SNEAKYSNIPES1

At first I really enjoyed the bounty system and getting bounties as I took it as a sign of accomplishment that I had come far enough to earn either people's rage or their desire for certs off me. Now that it's happening so often, a couple times a night usually it's been kind of annoying me lately. I go from nice 1v1 combat most of the night to everyone and their mother jumping in minus my friends. Kind of kicks up my PTSD from Connery.

But idk it kind of seems balanced. I get more certs during along with more deaths. Enemy gets more certs but loses daybreak cash. What's this about paying for bounties with certs though?
  3. Eternaloptimist

I was just making a semi serious/semi humorous commetn given that you see a lot of salt on these forums about shotguns users and the US servers seem to have some seriously not-nice, over competitive players.

There was a thread recently asking who'd had the most boutnies and I think the "winner" was someone with 11. So something wierd has happened in your case.
  4. Artanisen

After today they seriously need to add different type of
    bounty feature for team killers. getting sick of ylbt members
    tking me all the time.
  5. SixNineFour

Would be cool if amount of bounties was shown when you hover mouse of territory on map similar to enemy numbers or even have an overlay icon for territories with someone with a bounty in it.
  6. stalkish

Sometimes i ask my friend to kill me so i can spawn somewhere quicker, i always 'thank' him with a bounty. :D
    LOL, actually quite funny sometimes when all hell breaks loose and 50 enemies are shooting him but not me sitting right next to him.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eternaloptimist

You have friends? Still? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. TrolKabu

He means "friends", you know which kind :p
  9. JP_Russell

I like having bounties on me since it just means more XP for me, and you can kind of get around the higher target priority by playing conservatively. I'd love to have a 20x bounty fatstack, personally.