Time to update the VS description

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Nov 18, 2016.

1. orangejedi829

[IMG]

[IMG]
    This was all of primetime (4pm - 9pm EST) yesterday. So much fun to fight against a faction who always has twice as many tanks, planes, and grenades as you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Hammerlock

3. Okaydan

Funny. Yesterday I logged in and saw all continents being owned by TR... which then lost them all, one by one, to Vanu. Mind that vanu had no overpop. NC managed to nick Indar somehow in the end, leaving TR no locks and VS 3.

Vanu so op they own TR with balanced pop, without owning any continents..

inb4 this somehow is going to be used as argument for nerfing vanus :rolleyes:
  4. Liewec123

the new persistent continent bonus thing is a mess, it isn't VS being OP its the snowball effect of the bonuses.

personally i say get rid of continent locking entirely.
    no more unfair bonuses, no more big fights getting interrupted when a mandatory shift to an empty map happens,
    no more being forced onto certain maps, or kept from popular ones, let Indarside prevail once more!

the only other solution is for the playerbase to make a pact, if a faction has 2 bonuses then the other two factions should focus on capping/defending against that faction,
    (not sure what would happen if 2 factions have 2 bonuses though, that usually just sucks for the 3rd faction)
    • Up x 1
  5. orangejedi829

That's basically what I'm trying to point out, yes.
  6. lenin2fly

I would change the description to
    VS - not morons
    TR - incomplete morons
    NC - complete morons
    (I play for NC mostly, btw)

The reason is that VS consistently demonstrates strategic thinking and deploys forces to collect victory points while two other factions mostly do mindless zerging. In particular, dapp does much better job than either aodr or phx.

Just two examples from yesterday's prime time emerald:

- 20 minutes till the alarm end on Indar; NC has most territories, but its triangle (crown/alloys/ceres) gets disconnected from the north gate; NC can easily reconnect by capping either seabed or galaxy solar, but nobody cares; 4 minutes till the alert end some minor NC forces try to cap seabed from vs (which is disconnected from the main vs territory); 1 minute before the alert end VS drops 2 platoons on this base, denies us connection, and wins the alert; half an hour after the alert end NC loses the entire triangle

- later that day on full Esamir NC (North-East) and TR (North-West) fight each other while VS captures 60% of the continent; when VS has 17 VPs, TR gets their heads out of their butts and start fighting VS while NC keeps their heads in their butts and tries to warpgate TR for the third time; VS caps a few more NC territories (including Nott Amp) and locks the continent
    • Up x 1
  7. Pacster3

I don't know about your server but on my server either factions captures all continents at times. It has nothing to do with snowballing but simply with dedicated hive-platoons or 2 factions fighting each other while the third just rakes in easy captures. The bonusses anyway only matter if all factions would fight each other equally(and have same pop and dedicated squads)....but they NEVER do. Seriously...first it's how the factions fight each other...then the pop imbalance...then the weapon imbalance(yes, you NC!) and then maybe the continent bonusses.
  8. AkuraThDB

It's been quite a long time since I looked at the new character screen, and I don't remember the factions being rated by difficulty. In fact, it makes absolutely no sense for them to be given the nature of this game. And the factions are balanced insofar that everyone on each faction claims that the other factions are more OP than their faction.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Yeah on Emerald, VS dominates continent locks even with the lowest pop. TR comes in second and NC hasn't locked a prime time continent forever, and they typically over pop.

I think people just avoid fighting the VS on emerald, which is nice if you play VS and want easy, "farm the spawn room" fights.
    TR on Emerald has a gigantic blob named AOD that just overwhelms everyone, but they can only master one hex at a time. Anything beyond their capability to redeploy and yeah, they tend to fold. But they do lock continents.
    Emerald NC are really pathetic. They lack skilled players, organization, everything, and frankly they are the easiest to farm, if you're into to infantry farming that is.
  10. Anonynonymous

That's generally how it's always gonna be after an overnight Asian session in Connery. As for some reasons Asian region players disproportionately favor the VS. Not sure what is causing it for you east coast folks.

As for being easy. I do think VS guns are considerably easier than those of the other two factions for beginners to pick up. One often overlooked characteristic of VS guns is that they have extremely obvious and bright impact graphic effects. When trying to hit a moving target, it's very very easy for a VS player to tell if his projectiles are impacting the ground before the target or after it, and adjust his lead accordingly. Of course once the player is accustomed to correctly leading his target without relying on observing the impact points, that advantage basically disappears. But it is one of the biggest reason why TR and for the most part NC have been known to be considerably harsher to new players than VS. You learn quicker and get discouraged less when you start your PS2 experience with VS.
  11. orangejedi829

Why do you think playing on NC is 'Hard Mode'? ;)

This is an old joke graphic that someone (not myself) made to point out that playing VS was (still is?) easier than playing the other factions. I just modified it to add the bit about the continent bonuses, since it seems like VS has all of them, all of the time now that bonus 'stacking' has been implemented.
  12. orangejedi829

I completely agree. An intercontinental lattice would eliminate the need for continent locking, while still providing an overall 'meta' objective for factions to pursue. I know there aren't nearly as many continents in PS2 as PS1, but I honestly think they could make IC lattice work just fine with the current four continents, given that the playerbase isn't exactly massive anymore.
    And from a development standpoint, it would be very low-cost to implement (certainly a lot less than the construction system was).
    • Up x 1
  13. Scr1nRusher

VS = Sexual Frustration

TR = Victim Complex

NC = Compensation

...........how did I do? ;)
  14. ObsidianSoul

And yet you can not pinpoint exactly what makes us OP.

You've nerfed everything already, and still we win. It's not us, it's you.

EDIT: Although yes. I agree bonus stacking is idiotic. The more one faction wins, the more unstoppable they become as everything becomes cheaper, the more people start logging off. It's a system that rewards overpopulation.
  15. FLHuk

Lots and lots of very small little things make VS just easier to "do".... It just feels better.
  16. ObsidianSoul

Riiiight. Like what? One hit kill maxes? Tank shields? Vulcans? Phoenixes? Higher DPS/Ammo?

We have none of that. Our main faction trait is that our projectiles glow and we are sexier by far. If that's what makes us win, by all means, nerf it.

Things nerfed so far:

ZOE (nerfed to absolute uselessness)
    Magrider climbing ability (see http://i.imgur.com/qAP2S39.png for the effects)
    Betelgeuse
    Our mines being "hard to see" (so they turned it into a blinking christmas tree)
    Saron accuracy
    PPA nerf (multiple times, to the point that no one uses it anymore)
    Scythe Hailstorms (even though it already had ridiculously low magazines/ammo)

I'm sure there are more I've forgotten

● Spiker sucks so badly with a useless secondary function, you're better off with NS pistols
    ● Lancers/Vortexes have no AOE, requires pinpoint accuracy and are useless against infantry, very long reload+charge times
    ● Lashers are only good in groups, they do negligible damage in any other situation with very slow projectiles
    ● Magriders can only fire forward, with laughable gun elevation that nullifies their climbing ability. The default projectiles are so slow that they curve almost immediately within 30m. Feels more like firing a watergun than a tank (how's that for bullet drop?)
    ● Our maxes have the lowest DPS, infantry don't even try to avoid them
    ● Aphelion is good, but is a less accurate and lower DPS ripoff of Vulcans
    ● Scythes are good, but is also still usually outplayed by Mosquitoes
    ● Phaseshift is a novelty toy, only useful for lonewolf dedicated campers who don't impact alert wins

We may have been overpowered once, yes, not anymore. Vanu is hardmode.
  17. Anonynonymous

Case in point:
    [IMG]

NC and TR get tiny puff of dusts per bullet impacts, while VS gets literal glowing balls of plasma. And no, doesn't get much better for NC and TR in the daylight either. The very obvious bullet impact effect for VS is super useful for lead correction on moving targets for beginners.

This also contributes to many VS players who decided to try the other faction's weapons after they've become good enough to be able to instinctively know how far to lead a moving target. Only to come to conclusion that other faction's guns are just as easy to pick up. When many new NC and TR players are still having a lot of difficulties spirals learning the proper lead distance by feel alone.
    • Up x 1
  18. adamts01

Hahaha. Too true. This is the way Connery has been since the 4 continent lock system, except for about 6 hours when the Chinese log on and zerg for TR. I was just onVS with my friends, all 4 continents held by us, the current open ones are in the bag. I just logged off, it's just lame.
  19. FLHuk

I respect that is how it feels to you sir.
  20. Moridin6

never forget

N.S. is the real enemy