Invisible C4 Quads Needs to Stop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Battleballs, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Battleballs

For less than a cup of coffee you can buy an invisible four wheeler with 2 sticks of C4 on the front to take out an entire tank. You maybe wondering, how long has this been in the game? Since day one of the invisible quad did they have it and they still refuse to change it. Why? Laziness? Player preference? I don't know and I don't care. It needs a nerf. I've stayed away from the forms for years on nerfs. But for this, it has passed the point of sincere opinion. I mean battlefield 2 fixed it. Why can't we? In fact, it is more over powered than BF2. They're invisible.

My recommendation? Have the C4 fall through friendly quads and not stick. Or force C4 to disappear if you switch class so you can't pick the infiltrator and make the quad invisible. I'm sure people will say it can't be fixed or it shouldn't be fixed. I'm not here to debate it. If you expect me to pay *$40* for just *5 cometic uniforms* and 3 years of $15 a monthly subscription to keep an interest in this game you can fix a few broken mechanic.
  2. YouWannaGetHigh

Odd, whenever I try that, no matter how close my ATV is to the tank, it doesnt lose health. Maybe something to do with lag or something.
  3. FateJH

Technically, the quad costs the cup of coffee. The C-4 bricks are less expensive, though you probably get to use C-4 that has been cached in your loadout or it belongs to someone else.
    Player A is an infiltrator pulls a Wraith module Flash. Player B sticks his own C-4 to Flash. Player A drives Flash into tank. Something causes the C-4 to go off.
  4. FieldMarshall

Is this really a problem though. Personally i havent seen a C4 flash in at least 4 months.
    There are simply easier, better and more cost effective ways to get the same job done. C4 flash doesent pay off as much as you might think.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

i found an enemy setting up an allah flash awhile ago and decided to assist him! :D
    [IMG]

personally though i don't think the 200 resource is worth getting only single vehicle kill.
    i play wraith flash a lot, but i reserve pulling an allah flash for those really pesky annoying tanks.
    • Up x 2
  6. stalkish

Pfft, being invisible is for cowards.
    Grab a blockade sundy, strap 2 c4 on the front, ram enemy tank, hop out and detonate.
    You survive, your sundy survives, the enemy dies.
    Best part is you deploy sundy for more c4 :cool:
    Enemy never expects it.
  7. FateJH

I imagine you need a tight hairpin turn with obstruction to approach them without them shooting the front of your vehicle before you get close to them. How do you make this work?
  8. LaughingDead

I see it like the phoenix nerf. It was complete ******** getting killed by someone you can't react to and die in one shot.
    I'd like it if the c4 weighted down the flashso it couldn't move :p
  9. MajiinBuu

Doesn't ramming a tank with a sunderer already kill it?
  10. stalkish

Youd be suprised how many times you take a frontal hit but it doesnt detonate, server lag etc.
    We also go for unaware targets.
    We try to not drive directly at them, drive in an S and limit your frontal exposure.

Dont get me wrong tho, its not an 'effective' tactic, more of a laugh and bit of fun.
  11. Moz

Its rare as rocking horse **** for this to happen... and its not even effective.
  12. Panhawran

Someone get his big toy (MTB) destroyed with death screen after?
    "Mommy, mommy they are killing me, do something or I will take my toys from sandpit and go play somewhere else, I want to farm them but they are killing me that's unfair"
    Oh sorry you pay 15$ so everything you said must be done? Right?
    Lest DEVS drop every thing that they works to fix something that is bothering you and maybe 10 other ppl.

My recommendation? Stop crying or change game.

Its quite rare to see C4 flashes

To this person who C4 you - Good job, keep that good work.
  13. stalkish

14. LaughingDead

Well damn, good point, guess I'll just have to use a lib instead then I'm completely safe from C4, infact I'd love to see the spur buffed so it's more of an AI weapon than a lesser vector. Maybe give it some splash like the CAS or even the banshee.
  15. Panhawran

Spawn Valkyrie -> plant 2x C4 or more -> fly
    I'm ready for you LIB :p
  16. Booface

It seems like explosives like C-4 don't do their hit detection client-side, at least not when they're attached to vehicles.

Yeah keep in mind that your server-side position is actually following you by a certain distance depending on your ping. Since you're on a fast moving vehicle it can be pretty significant. The thing to do is to try to settle next to a tank for a good half second or so before you detonate. Against moving vehicles you have to kind of get good at predicting where your server-side self is because that's where your C-4 will be, so there's a bit of lag compensation logic going on.

Once you get the hang of it, you can take out speeding harassers and sunderers with good regularity.
  17. FateJH

You can't cloak in a Valkyrie like you can in a Flash.
  18. Booface

Oh, I haven't tried this in a while but in beta you could stick C-4 to the back of a MAX if you threw it on just the right spot. We used to have like 5 guys with utility pouches stick all their C-4 onto one MAX. Because of the different pings they would float behind the MAX at different distances like an invisible chain. Then the MAX sprints into a busy room in a Biolab grind and all the Engineers set it off at about the same time.

Since the MAX is sprinting, he outruns the C-4 and survives. And since the different pings of the Engineers mean the C-4 floats at different distances, you'd get a massive kill area.

I'm gonna have to get the outfit guys to see if this still works. You can do something similar with a speeding Flash btw, though the classic invisible Flash bomb with 3-4 C-4 is usually more consistent.

Sad note: it doesn't work against air. I've tried putting C-4 on the front of a Valkyrie or Scythe and going Lib hunting, but the speeds of both you and your target make it really hard to compensate for server-side positioning and it pretty much never works. Even if it does, for whatever reason C-4 does practically no damage to air vehicles. Got a Lib once after probably 60 tries, where with a Flash I can get a vehicle pretty much every time. You're way better off going LA and ejecting to try to stick it, or just Heavy and chucking AV grenades and a decimator shot as you fall.