Missing some game components but my game runs fine, wondering if anyone knows how to enable them.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Durfingle, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Durfingle

There are a few large game pieces missing from my planetside 2, mainly the previews you get when building and placing items. When im building with an ANT, all the builds i try to place have no preview, i do get the warning if its too close to something, however there should be a red transparent outline of whatever im dropping (turret, HIVE, etc) and its not there. Ive tried switching my settings, I even reinstalled, restarted my computer, however none of these fixed the problem. I attached a screenshot to show what its like when dropping a turret. Also, things like the holographic projections that are usually over terminals are missing, and the gates that block enemys from enter spawn points are missing, all shown in the screenshot i attached. Does anyone know how to fix this?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Call-Me-Kenneth

do a file check with the installer, if it says everything is Ok, then check if its not a driver issue. (update them, or revert them depending on what you did last)

do you see any artifacts like white lines, random flickering, etc besides this missing model thing, or maybe dome driver crashes? if so, then your VGA might be having a stroke.

it could be a RAM issue, but i dubt it, as it would manifest itself with loads of BSODs and you wont be missing those.

you could also go find a deserted enemy base and ask an enemy player to help you check if the bullets go through the shield when its not drawing. (don't check this on a real fight, you could get reported)

if bullets make it trough, then its a weird client bug, if they don't, then you know for sure that its a display issue on your side.
    • Up x 1
  3. Durfingle

So I did a file check, all fine. all my drivers are up to date.
    I have no artifacts, no random flickering, no driver crashes, and i use a displayport cable.(If u mean VGA cable)
    I still have 1gb of usable ram left, i have 8gb and when i play it uses 6.9/7
    And bullets dont go through the shield. Also i know how it should look from seeing other player videos.
    Hm, any other ideas? Thanks for trying btw.
  4. CaptCran

It's your video card settings. You need to make sure that they are set to 'Have application decide". That will fix the problem.
    • Up x 1
  5. Durfingle

its already set to use the applications settings for everything possible
  6. Durfingle

wow restarted it and it works actually! Thanks so much!!
  7. Rockit

Pretty sure Daybreak has abandoned this game in favor of H1Z1 and future projects and that's OK.
  8. Rockit