Are the Servers online yet??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jumpert, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Jumpert

Hey guys are the Servers still offline? I just get the message that there is still a maintenance but it should be over since hours?? Thx for help guys :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Jack Gruffo

No servers are still down, the devs really need to sort themselves out and maybe give themselves a timeout after they manage to go live again.
  3. Sovereign533

• Up x 1
  4. Kyraga

Russian hackers have sabotaged the maintenance - I know it for sure (Hillary told me:eek: ).
    • Up x 2
  5. Jumpert

Thanks a lot :)
  6. ProfGiggles

If not for that tweet, I would have assumed they forgot to turn the server back on again. xD
    • Up x 1
  7. Hookie

Don't you know that any time they say MINIMAL DOWNTIME it means in developer language "we have no idea what were doing but we think we can fix it with duck tape, a rubber band, and a Popsicle Stick "..
  8. LeCentre

"Minimal downtime" was the last word told to the fallen angels when they were sent to hell. Still waiting there...
    • Up x 1
  9. Gobble

= Aliens
  10. SarahM

Ayyy lmao!
  11. Conlion

The squirrels treadmill broke and the parts will not be in until next thursday. Poor management of the servers. Where is their backup plan? Going on 6 hours now. What no testing of coding BEFORE inserting it into the game? Should of at least had a backup of the game BEFORE any changes were made. Very poor planning and management.
  12. Jitsuryoku

Good thing MMO communities mainly consist of professional software project managers and people who generally know how to do everything to avoid mistakes.....post-factum.
  13. anitbot

PlanetSide 2@planetside2 53 Min
    This morning's maintenance is still in process. We don't have an ETA to provide, but the team is working on it!

sincerely
  14. Jones

I'm sure that they have a Test and Prod environment like everyone else; sometimes things just get fubar and they gotta fix it. Give the guys a chance; the game will be back up ASAP and you can get back to hacking the game or dying from hackers. #NotEnoughKleenexForAllthisSALT
    • Up x 1
  15. ThatDanGuy

Sigh,
    At what point do they roll back the patch? After all these years of playing this game it just mystifys me how they can't get this sort of thing properly tested on their PTS beforehand. And then when it still doesn't work on the live roll out, how they can't roll it back and let their paying customers get back in game and keep spending money.

Good for them that this is the first serious FUBAR in quite some time (or at least the first in probably a year or more that affected me personally) but come on.

It would be good if they'd give a heads up with more than a few hours warning that a patch was coming and how difficult it may prove. If they are seriously mucking with something that is Do or Die that can't be rolled back, adverstise that ahead of time and say "we've prepared as best as we can, but if it goes in the crapper we'll be here until we get it working." I'm sort of speculating this has something to do with passing out refunds for construction items and/or making sure people who bought an item on one faction gets it all passed out to the rest of their characters in different factions. Once you start that, rolling that back may be more work than sticking to it until the end.
  16. Garte

They are well into EU prime time and in a few hours into USA prime time which will mean they start losing profit for the day. No bonus this month for the devs :p
  17. Hookie

That's the spirit.........

No No No - they should be competent enough to fix whatever isn't broken..
  18. SarahM

Mhh... downtime now, downtime at sunday. What time of the year is it? The servers seem to be cursed.
  19. Kygo

That's really bad.
  20. BXAlbatross

They really ought to have a pre-live server so they can demo a new patch before rolling it out on the latest version of the Live build. At least, that's what seems the logical option imo.
    • Up x 2