Most bounties you ever got?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Canadalex, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Canadalex

I just logged in with 11 bounties on my head.. that's pretty much 2.75$US or 550 certs (if that's even allowed in certs). First time I see people actually spending such an amount of real money just to get me killed in a game ahah Makes me want to stay alive more than ever, longer than ever! Aside from this being a mark of honor earned through skill or more likely annoyance, it generated the following interrogations in my mind:

1. What's the highest you guys ever got stacked in terms of bounties on your head? Surely 11 must not be the highest, I'd be curious to hear other reports of mega stacks.
    2. Is there a way to determine who landed those bounties on me? Was it 11 different dudes of an outfit, or a single angry guy? Was it done by a fellow teamate out of consternation at an untimely TK? etc. Is there an API that could monitor this?

P.S. I'm actually doochebag@emerald.nc, but I know not how to alter my forum name

[IMG]
  2. LaughingDead

Thanks timbers
  3. PlanetBound

Bounties are both money and certs. I ran low on certs placing so many. I think it makes me run into danger more knowing I can bounty someone cheap.
  4. Campagne

I've only ever gotten one. What do you have to do to get 11? :eek:
  5. Canadalex

Farm them while being visible on the frontlines yet denying them -collectively- the pleasure of having the occasion to kill you even once and they will eventually lose their minds lol In my case I think being a BR72 with a lifetime KDR of 7.96 helps (I'm working on going 8+). It's basically like Leo Major, eventually you figure out how war works and you simply don't die anymore.
  6. breeje

i did not even know bounties could be stacked, but he great thing to accomplish
    11 bounties and i read here 20 bounties, you guys must be doing something wright
    but please tell me on what server you are playing, i just don't see bounties on my server

we have the on occasion bounties, lets say once every couple of weeks
    i can call myself one of the lucky ones who have one bounty kill and had a couple of times placed a bounty on my head
    i think most players on my server are like me, don't want to waste money and now certs on bounties
  7. JobiWan

I think I got one once. I don't chase them either, CBA.
  8. Demigan

Wait, what? Bounties can now be bought with certs? Since when? How much certs for one Bounty?
  9. MajiinBuu

Nobody ever puts a bounty on me :(
  10. UberNoob1337101

It was made available since the latest major patch. 50 certs for a bounty, which is very pricey unless you literally don't need to buy anything else.
    • Up x 2
  11. SarahM

I've only had one bounty placed on me so far, back in the day when bounties could not be had by certs.
    I don't even remember what I did to earn that, but knowing myself, I've probably blown up someones favorite pet sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  12. FatalArchon

I've had the maximum amount of bounties possible placed on my head, which is 99, at one point in time. Of course, this was on PTS and I was with a PTS admin, but that's unrelated ;).
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

50 certs is ludicrous.
    2 to 5 certs is more than enough.
  14. The Shady Engineer

Most I ever got as infantry was x3 but it was right after the bounty system went live so it might've been people just trying the new system out.

Most I ever got in vehicles was x4 after pretty intense battle bus farming at Saerro.

11 bounties though... wow. You must've pissed them off royally. :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Canadalex

I act as a lone wolf disrupter using a viper lighting, but I don't shy away from constantly pushing at the vanguard of the frontline, I just maintain a strong combat awareness and when the battle lines shift I'm quick footed enough to workout a fighting retreat.

Often times the frontline suddenly collapses around me but I'm able to impose delaying actions by remaining active there in spite of the general "empire strikes back demoralized begin retreat mood". When I die I'm often the last one to die around me.

Getting multiple marks with an infantry or sunderer says a lot about your battle prowess. I think it's a lot harder to get under their skin as a squishie or in an econoline than it is say with an ESF or lighting lol

I actually think 50 certs is a decent way to offer an avenue for the max BR crowd to burn their certs. It's kind of a "okay, you reached end game and got all the certifications imaginable, now we'll give you the ability to death mark people almost at will".
    • Up x 2
  16. Lord_Mogul

I actually managed to get 1 (in words: ONE!") bounty ever.
    It was after I showed superiority pistoling a guy after I emptied my main into the rocks surrounding him.

I think the bounty system is fine now. With the ability to set them with certs there might be actually some people around wth the Gallows without sinking ludircrous amounts of money into it. Previoulsly it was the most expensive gun to get with around §30 put into bounties. All under the fact that you get all the kills of the bounties you set. thats more expensive than even the gold variants of the other NS guns. Now all it takes is merely 18,350 certs which shouldn't be an issue for someone actuallygetting the kills for farming bounties.
  17. PanzerGoddess

well there are those that do nothing but cheese kill lol. Typically high bounties are usually accumulated from the same group getting farmed. That is usually that fastest way to gain bounties. Farm/Zerg, not everyones cup of tea but hey it works when it works. Ive had above ten myself but :p, most cases its either random or another high br using certs out of boredom, at least now, still sometimes its just random.

But as you said, esf/lightning are def bounty collecters.
  18. DQCraze

9 was the most of gotten trolling my lib, i guess they didnt like me.
  19. Gobble

Now I know what they are....! Seen them on the bottom centre of the screen and thought I pressed a random key :p
  20. Canadalex

4950 certs is the legit cost of inflicting such an epic moment on someone! I will do it one day!