I can't play PS2 due to BattlEye 1056 error.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dreamcast87, Oct 31, 2016.

1. dreamcast87

I've not been able to log into PS2 since the update with BattlEye went live. Here's what I've tried so far to troubleshoot the issue. I use the steam version, I've tried steam repair, I've tried the PS2 launcher repair, I've run windows virus scans, malware byte scans, spybot s&d scan, avast virus scan, I've tried running the launcher with administrator mode directly from the steam folder. I don't have any other miscellaneous software running in my background processes, just the normal windows stuff. Does anyone have any other solution to this issue I'm having, thanks in advance for your help.
  2. DeathbyGotcha

You might have to completely uninstall and reinstall and I would say not go through steam this time. Its not what you wanted to hear but I don't see any other way around that error if someone else does please chime in.
  3. Okaydan

If battleye has a service in windows, make sure it can be activated. Can't check on pc now, but when you go to services.msc, is the battleye service there and enabled/set to automatic? Just a hunch though.
  4. dreamcast87

I did go into the BattlEye folder and activate it there it does show up in services but PS2 still won't boot. I'm just gonna wait a few months and see how it goes. Don't wanna download the whole thing again, but will if it's my last option. Thanks for all your help.
  5. breeje

make sure your virus scanner is not stopping BE from a complete install or other security software
  6. Thunder33

I got the same problem, but my launcher close itself when the play button shows up. And battley wont start for me.