Looks like hackers found a way to hack Battle eye.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathbyGotcha, Oct 31, 2016.

1. DeathbyGotcha

Certain groups that disappeared before battle eye suddenly came back today and suddenly it takes 2 or 3 times as many bullets to kill them. Starcrafters for one are known hackers they are either trying out their new hacks or found a way to beat Battle eye well it was fun while it lasted. I hope they do something to fix this this afternoon it was bad. 4 people all getting head shots on the same guy he turns around and kills everyone 1 shot and it only kills his shield a lvl 10 mind you.
    • Up x 3
  2. JohnGalt36

3. Call-Me-Kenneth

BE is not an anticheat measure in a direct way, its a cheater punishing tool.

it allows DBG to keep track and monitor player activity, so if someone is performing over the average, then hes under a more detailed scrutiny, i guess that once it identifies a client over-performing it checks hardware inputs for repeating patterns, or typical software generated randomness. in order to identify someone who is having its inputs automated, or some other aim assisting. (not sure how it actually does this, but its obviously not something you would feel confortable with, given the ridiculous EULA BE has.)

anyway, the point is, there was a ban wave before the implementation of BE, and the following Waves will be done in a more automated fashion with a much lower chance of false positives. people cheating now, will get banned.

and everything should go smoothly, unless some tryhard simpleminded buffoon intentionally tries to game the system so he gets banned for legitimate play, and then proceeds to make a fuss about it as if anything but the system working as intended was proven.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

There are no cheats that can increase HP or make someone immortal because HP and shields are handled server side so you simply missed. Maybe your 0.5 k/d has something to do with it...
    • Up x 2
  5. DeathbyGotcha

Did it ever occur to you Some people are not complete *** hats like you and run sniper only some people like to help their team win fights instead of padding our stats and actually having fun. If 5 people hit the same guy and he takes little to no damage he is hacking when I unload an entire clip on a chain gun in his head and he takes no damage he is hacking. Go off in a corner and jerk off you your padded KD no one cares if you disappear you don't matter to your faction.
    • Up x 3
  6. DeathbyGotcha

Every single time hacking is mentioned you pipe in there is only one reason you do that is you hack yourself or you sell the hacks, is this bad for business for you everyone pointing out what you seem to deny every chance you get ???
    • Up x 3
  7. Towie

In fairness we only know that BE is reporting hacks to DBG not actually issuing a global ban immediately (from what i've read anyway) - so what happens next is up to DBG. Has anyone actually been banned due to BE ? Not sure.
  8. Okaydan

I got my Microsoft account hacked.. oh wait, im not allowed to speak against BE because of fanbois losing their shiz (A)
  9. Towie

Err - what's that got to do with my post or even this thread ?

Stop trying to hijack another thread into a witch hunt against BE as you had your Microsoft account hacked (the authentication of which is all server side by the way - so only something like a keylogger or such could capture the information from your PC).
    • Up x 1
  10. Odins Son

You didn't know about the lagwizards and their lagmagic? Well now you know! Even the best here on Cobalt are known for their abuse of the lag-compensation. They just limit their bandwith to rise their ping in a manner that the clientside system is outplayed. So while you on your screen may get the hit markers, the lag compensator tries to solve the postion of you your lovely laggy wizard and concludes that he was elsewhere but not where you pointed your ironsights. No name and shaming but just look up the hitlist here on Cobalt: there a so many bulletsponges...

Last time i unloaded a full clip into an immobile cloaker and then got rekt immediatly by his sidearm, he pnd me right after that.
    He wondered 1. why I would know he was there while not moving 2. why he didn't take any damage altough he saw me shooting as he turned around.

1. I was in my tank equipped with a radar and saw him moving before. 2. nanites happen!

At least he was honest and his char stats didn't look like he's using a lagswitch or is abusing the lag-compensation.
    I dont't know how BE will handle these lag-exploiters but kicking someone with a ping higher than 500 and longer than 5 mins would be a good first step.
    • Up x 1
  11. DQCraze

You need to start recording these encounters, it just sounds like your exaggerating. I have a lot of playtime and I have yet to encounter any of the things you complain about. I'm going back to pics or it didn't happen.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

You aren't allowed to speak against BE when you have nothing indicating that it is BE. It could have been anything at all, but you prefer to think that it was BE because...? What?

You have a wrong idea of how lagswitching works.
    Hits are clientside, so if you hit your enemy and the hits reach the server, that person is hit even if he's actually 50m away from the point where you hit him.
    Increasing your ping prior to a battle has much more chance of backfiring if used improperly. Imagine you hit your lagswitch the moment a battle starts. Your position isn't updated quickly giving your opponent free hits. But your hits also take much longer to reach the server, and that's a problem.
    The moment the normal player has send enough hitmarkers to kill you, you are dead. Any hitmarkers that arrive afterwards are ignored. Since the lagswitcher's hitmakers all arrive after the hits of the normal player he's got a high chance of dying without dealing a lot of damage.

Lagswitching is useful for entering and breaching. You activate it just before you enter the room. This gives you time to look around, target and fire on an enemy while to the enemy you are still rendered outside and behind cover. Then you deactivate your lagswitch and the hitmarkers and new positional data arrive at more or less the same time at the server. This allows you to kill enemies before they actually see you.
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

No, because almost always those threads have no proof, are false accusations or just plain wrong like in this case.
    As i said before there are no cheats that can increase your hp/shields or make you immortal because hp and shields are SERVER SIDE - IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE.
    There is a rare bug that can make you 100% invincible but it's very rare and there's no repro found yet afaik.
    Post a video or something next time because without any proof you simply sound like another crybaby throwing hackusations at every 2nd person that kills you.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jawarisin

0.5 k/d is very very low. And I can totally see why you're raging when someone points it out.

But that does mean he is right. Your hackusations means nothing because you're too bad to know better.
  15. Moz

The thing with anti cheat is that the cheats will ALWAYS be one step ahead.

If there is a battleye work around, it will be updated soon to remove this issue, then the cheaters will figure out a new way, then battleye will patch to sort that, the the cheaters will come out with something new etc etc etc...
  16. Nekky

If your talking about the lowbie NC guys named StarwhateverCN or something like that then yea I agree. They are not legit.
  17. dahazeyninja

Have you tried aiming for the head?
  18. Towie

As an aside and some light relief - it's funny how you become 'programmed' to automatically go for head shots. Great in FPS games, not so great when playing Paintball and being told explicitly to NOT aim for the head (which I did - time and time again - including at point blank range. Boy was that guy angry, and in some pain....)
  19. Towie

I've done some more reading (slow day in the offiice!)

When BE was introduced for Rainbow 6, the dev team stated that first ban wave didn't happen until a week after implementation. At that point, 3800 users were banned. They then went on to say that BE would be banning much quicker in the future (even realtime).

Hopefully we will get a similar sort of statement from DBG :D
  20. DeathbyGotcha

You saw that guy too there where a group of them trying out their new hacks its frustrating when you see it in any faction. I report any TR I see glitching it destroys the game I hope DayBreak does ban blatant hackers I'm not going to waste my time recording every hacker. I'm here to play a game not prove anything to anyone if you don't see the problem you are just ignoring it.