Are Microsoft and Battleye in conflict?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zathrus, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Zathrus

Yesterday PS2 played fine with no problems.
    Last night, Microsoft installed 3 or 4 updates.
    This morning, I start PS2, the launcher starts normally, I select play and the game window opens normally for about 5 to 10 seconds, then closes... then about 10 seconds later the launcher closes.
    No errors reported in PS2
    No errors reported in windows.

I deleted the launcher Cache
    I had all game files verified.

Same thing, PS2 starts normally, 5 seconds later the window closes... then about 10 seconds later the launcher closes.

Now I have discovered, after trying to launch PS2, Windows removes my user's file privileges. I have to reboot in order to save or modify a file to my computer.

Considering PS2 is starting normally... and apparently shutting down normally by itself with no errors right after a windows update patch. I am thinking Battleye is demanding access to certain kernels Microsoft is saying no to?
    Either way, obviously a conflict has developed.

Not sure what has come into conflict... but whatever it is... it is aggravating.
  2. Zathrus

ok I uninstalled win update KB3197954 which it supposedly installed last evening on my machine, however I am seeing that many are getting an incomplete error. Mine completed the download but did not install it properly apparently.

After uninstalling that update, PS2 resumed functioning normally
  3. ReptilePete

see my thread that I started today, and how people are not taking seriously that my Microsoft account was hacked within days of using BattleEye. I received an alert from Microsoft this morning, and sure enough there had been unathorised activity. So maybe Microsoft know something we dont.
  4. Korban

I haven't played for 2-3 years and yesterday when I opened launchpad to have the game updated it automatically closes during downloading/patching and replacing.

I had to constantly open launchpad in order for the the complete game update to happen. Was really frustrating!!!
  5. Revel

I haven't had any issues since the Windows 10 update early this morning, but your security settings could be different than mine.
  6. Pelojian

we don't take you seriously because you are assuming based purely on coincidence and automatic suspicion on your part battleye is somehow involved in your troubles.

unauthorized activity is fairly vague and doesn't point to any specific thing does it?

also what does your issue have to do with the OP's problem with his OS conflicting with battleye?

i don't see anything in that update that *should* affect PS2's functionality, more likely then not the broke something that isn't listed on their update notes, they also managed to break USB functionality on some machines.

I'm glad you posted so if anyone else has this issue they know to roll back that particular update.
    • Up x 2
  7. ReptilePete

Unauthorised activity is vague, deliberately so. What difference does that make? A hacked account is a hacked account whether the information I give you is vague or not.
  8. Pelojian

it's too vague for you to point the finger at battleye, just like every other complainer about battleye you have nothing but assumptions to point at battleye for your troubles and no hard evidence, that's why people like me are skeptical.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zathrus

it is unlikely Battleye would be used to hack your account. If Battleye was going to be abused, it would be abused as a means of creating an instant bot net for some type of DDOS attack.

Really the timing of battleye and your acccount hack is most probably a coincidence.

However, I looked to see what KB3197954 may have done to mess up PS2 and it appears it had changed how services started and this broke the battleye module service.

Based on what I have read, it is likely that KB3197954 was either a corrupt download on my machine or an incomplete install. Either way it completely harpooned PS2's ability to start.
  10. KrankyKrapHands

Yeah I got that as well....

Most of the KB update more likely in a domain environment users and some fixes on the server-endpoints comm.
    Read here for the KB3197954

Just uninstall it, but it didn't work out as well. Perhaps need to wait for a patch from DBG
  11. Thunder33

I think its something with the launcher itself because I uninstalled ps2 and then downloaded the client but when I log in the launcher close itself after 1-2 seconds. So before it can download all files I dont have battley but the launcher still closing itself.
  12. Zathrus

after you uninstall KB3197954 make sure you delete the launcher cache folder in the launcher.lib folder.
  13. Savadrin

https://www.amazon.com/Electro-Defl...F8&qid=1478106847&sr=8-1&keywords=tinfoil hat

You're out of control.

The same windows update housed my audio. I wiped my machine clean and everything was cool until that specific update forced itself back in, at which point I edited my registry to meter all of my connections in an attempt to stop the auto-updates, but I doubt that will last.

Windows has been forcing breaking updates on us for weeks. It's ******* not BattlEye. jesus christ.