[Suggestion] Repair Grenade for engineer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frutsel, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Frutsel

I had an idea for a repair grenade for the engineer, same as the revive grenade for medic.

Is it a good idea?
  2. Movoza

Rather a repair beacon like the medics shield beacon. A grenade would maybe be used as a medkit on infantry, which would be a weird addition to the tactics in my book.
  3. Armcross

No
    • Up x 1
  4. ColonelChingles

I think the Repair Grenade should fix as much damage as an AV Grenade does.

So we can have hilarious situations where both sides are spamming grenades at a Sunderer to kill it or to keep it alive.
  5. Savadrin

This is actually a great idea. A deployable rep station that can work on both vehicles and MAX units in place of the other turrets?

Healing and rez grenades, shield buff is already the purview of the medic.
  6. Kubin

It could work even better in place of the repair tool IF we could get some placeable shields/barriers in the turret slot. It'd open up more of a "fire and forget" type of engi, who sets up a defensive position with barrier, repair and ammo, and then keeps fighting, instead of dancing around with a repgun or sticking to a turret like a big neon "free headshot" :D

Although this idea is a double edged sword: it on one hand, barriers would help countering those pesky tank-campers who sit on a hill a mile away and spam HE into a chokepoint, but on the other hand, they could use those barriers (and stationary repair beacon) to shield themselves from the return fire.