Frame stutter spikes on gtx 1070

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by borgqueenx, Oct 18, 2016.

1. borgqueenx

Hello everyone, i already made a reddit thread a while and while the issue has been better then before, its still very much apparant.

Reddit post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/57aqgk/gtx_1070_performance_trouble/

Basicly i have a intel i5 6600k cpu and a GTX 1070 graphics card, and 16gb 2400mhz ram and my game runs WORSE then my old pc setup wich had a intel i5 3570 and a gtx 970.
    Im getting solid 55+ fps on planetside 2 with my new pc but every 5-10 seconds i get a lag spike of 0,5-2 seconds.

This makes the game unplayable and i hope you guys might have solutions. Is there someone with a gtx1070/1080 without these problems?

Help would be appriciated!
  2. Pikachu

3. borgqueenx

hmm?
  4. Pikachu

I posted in wrong thread.
  5. stalkish

I get FPS stutter after 2-3 hours of playing.
    Dont get on for that long too often so i dont notice it much.
    I just put it down to a memory leak of some description since in the first 2 hours the game runs flawlessly at max settings, plus im only running 8gb of ram atm as opposed to my normal 16gb.

Specs for comparison:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix GS
    i7 6700K
    8gb Corsair Vengeance
  6. borgqueenx

its happening with my pc the first second of entering the game, so i doubt its a leak...
  7. stalkish

..................whats with the................... no need to be a ****.
    Fine i wont bother trying to help you.
    Good luck with your computer, or not i dont actually care.
  8. borgqueenx

are you ok man? If its a leak on your pc that may be, but i explained why i dont think its on my pc...

But hopefully some other people can help me if you think im an "****".
  9. Movoza

Do you have the anniversary update of Windows 10? This gives A LOT of problems.
    For some reason I installed it and it corrupted the software of my network controller. Had to reinstall via thether with my mobile phone.
    During my troubleshooting quest I saw a lot of questions about lag spikes. An update in a dynamic Internet system thingey was the cause. Either let it run it's course and it should solve itself in the long run, or find one of the great many threads on the Internet with all the same solution.

If it is something else, then I don't know. I have a 1070gtx, i7 4790k with 16gb 1600mhz ram and no problems after my reinstalling of the network card
  10. dfury73

Pfff i have a ******** of games that have 0 issues with win 10 anniversery. So this is the only one? Hitchin then ctd with no error. Hell i ran BF1 beta with 0 problems. So it's win 10 right. This game is almost unplayeble at times. Also the overlay of rtst is bogged. Thinkin about givin up and just to play frostbite...
  11. borgqueenx

i probaly have that installed yes.....