Damage ranges discussion on LMGs and ARs.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Oct 13, 2016.

1. LaughingDead

Vote on your opinion here:
    https://goo.gl/I6EcmC
    I'll post the results later.

As for the thread, I figured since there was a lot with this update, there should be segmented feedback just for each section, however I find most of the changes alright except for this one. Don't vote for the kitten.
  2. CrimsonEpsilon

For LMG's, Yes... I think they are deserving of a tweak as they are overused. The MOST played class in the game. As for AR's, they do not deserve the nerf. They are practically blending the AR's with Carbines. Now if the AR's and Carbines were common pool other then for infil and heavy, then I would be fine with this. However, Medic is very underused and this is more of a deterrent from the class. Weapon variation from Carbines and Assault Rifles are already minuscule.
  3. LaughingDead

That wouldn't make sense then. LMGs should not have shorter damage ranges than ARs. Plus if only ARs had the longer ranging capabilities you could be a heavy that gets sniped by a medic using a closer range AR with your LMG only tickling him. I get that people think heavy is overused but the bias should not be apart of the discussion, only the changes.
    • Up x 1
  4. Doom721

I felt like it wasn't too bad but I was just sitting in VR testing ranges on different targets. It seems ~50m was the sweet spot with the gauss saw before I had any issues getting a triple headshot on a target.

Based on what typically is a "close range engagement" in a small base I feel like this won't change the gameplay much in CQC and inside of bases. But most targets past 50 meters are going to be questionable for most people because beyond that range becomes a cover based whack-a-mole. The range where battle rifles, scout rifles, infils and direct vehicle fire start to be more effective than using your nerfed AR/LMG/carbine.
  5. Foxynet

A drawing is better than words: Who wants these LMG nerfs and AR buffs?

Normal damage's paterns on the picture below.

[IMG]
  6. CrimsonEpsilon

Didn't think of close range AR's when saying that. I do agree that close range AR's should take a hit with the LMG's. Then again, what would be thrown into the close range AR department? I still think weapons like the Gauss Rifles, Reaper DMR, CME, Sabr-13 shouldn't have this extra damage drop off because of their intended ranges. Would also give more variance in each factions medic gameplay since most veterans cater to the short range AR's... GR-22, HV-45, TAR & Cycler TRV.

(Gauss Rifle be my baby though. Versatility FTW.)