[BUG] 50 fps but feels like 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BradP, Oct 11, 2016.

1. BradP

Is there any work around for this bug or am i screwed lol

i'm running low graphics settings and it makes no diffrence...

my specs are: i5 2500K oc'd 4.5 ghz, gtx 780 ti, 8gb ram.

Everything worked fine untill about a month ago.

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. FieldMarshall

I have no idea if this is related, but i had problems with PS2 wanting to use my integrated GPU a few years ago.
    I cant remember how i fixed it, but i remember my fps was really bad.

I just thought i'd mention it, just in case
  3. BradP

Hmm i'll check that and see. but i'm pretty sure its disabled.
  4. BradP

I can't find any option in my bios to turn off onboard GPU... Its a older mobo so maybe there isn't a option?

I doubt its that anyways.. i see on the Bugs forum that others are having this prob as well so maybe soon they fix it..

Wish there was a work around for the time being.
  5. Benton582

Check DEVICE MANAGER.
  6. Moz

If you have some sort of gaming motherboard, it most likely wont have a graphics chip.

If planetside WAS trying to use your on board, when you started the game the screen would turn off. I presume you don't have a cable from your onboard to your monitor so it cant display anything anyways.
  7. blackboemmel

The i5 2500 (CPU) has "integrated graphics". Doesn't matter if he has a gaming mainboard or not.
  8. BradP

I did check device manager and nothings really using my cpu but ps2. It uses 90-100% of my cpu no matter if i'm in a big battle or sitting at the warp gate with no one around. I have lcd display on my keyboard that show my cpu and ram usage.
  9. Savadrin

It does if there's no video out on the mobo.
  10. Savadrin

If you're running windows 10, there have been some shady updates recently that have broken things.

Could be worth disabling the onboard graphics option there, if it exists.

If it's not windows related, the only thing I can think of off the bat is that it's confused as to which GPU to use and instead just retches all over the floor.
  11. BradP

+thats from the bug forum.
  12. Moz

Haha ofc not bro! >.<

THIS!!
  13. Grievance

i have a identical problem dude, i even went so far as to reinstall my windows drive, and redo the OC on my cpu(4.3ghz on a i5 3570k)

im also using a 970 gtx and have 16gb ram. this is the most frustrated ive been with this game since alpha, i used to have no issues running it at all and now its unplayable

if you find a solution please let me know
  14. BradP

Actually there is a DVI VGA and HDMI on the board.
    Its a Asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
    But theres nothing in the bios.

I was flying tonight and zero lag doing that!!
  15. BradP

Yah i did the same lol reinstalled the game 3 times and windows once lol I feel your pain !

Its just a bug it'll take time to fix :(
  16. Moz

Turn of your overclock and see if it helps, should run fine without the OC on low settings anyways... Just try it as a test?

Not sure why it would be OK flying though.

I presume your not plugged into any of these? If not we can rule out using the on board.
  17. BradP

No i'm plagued into my 780 ti for sure. I'll try and take the OC off never thou of that!

I'll try tomorrow kinda late now. ty
  18. Grievance

any progress ?
  19. Moz

Any joy bud?
  20. Savadrin

I'd like to hear also - between disabling in the BIOS (it's always an option, it just might be hidden under menu layers) and disabling through device manager.

I did find that running a slightly unstable OC had horrible effects on my game, but a light/stable OC was good. Just never noticed much of a difference in the end product either way.