Launcher Workaround

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Sep 26, 2016.

1. guerrillaman

I changed to DNS servers

This works.

For some reason, your ISP is thinking the patch server is down.
    • Up x 1
  2. Skarpshooter

I can confirm that this works , playing from sweden.
  3. guerrillaman

4. VastlyBlank

This is the only fix that will work permanently until DBG fix the issue.

Sony have changed a DNS entry DBG were still using and that change is currently propagating to all other DNS servers. Any fix which simply changes your DNS server will only work until that DNS server does an update.
    • Up x 1
  5. guerrillaman

Yes, host file is probably the best long term solution.
  6. iSm4rt_4rum

ism4rt SOLUTION/"WORK AROUND" (maybe) for "There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress"

1/ Open Task Manager, find LaunchPad.exe then "End task" this process.
    2/ Delete all content in 2 directory :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache
    C:\Users\<YOUR PC USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Daybreak Game Company\Digests

3/ Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, copy the host file to somewhere, then open that host file and add this link :

64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com

After that, copy back that edited version to etc folder (overwrite it)

NOTICE :
    "manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com" is RIGHT
    "manifest.patch.station.sony.com" is WRONG

3/ Open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center. Click on Wifi Connection >> Propeties >> IPV4 >>> Change the DNS to OpenDNS

4/ Open Launpad again and you maybe good to go.

This WorkAround is not my complete seft-made. I google the solution around from other sweet guy, tried every single of them then combine to a single solution, thanks to all of you and hope this help !
  7. DobryiPupok

It works.
  8. Beerbeerbeer

Thanks for sharing this, but eh, I'm not going to go through this trouble.

Any idea on when they will fix this for us utilitarian, non-meddling computer types?
  9. Beerbeerbeer

Ah screw it, I tried the above, but couldn't get it to work. I then went back and tried this in the host file and it worked.

64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com
  10. Voodoo4500

Just add 64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com to your host file. This is just a simple issue to fix, remove the entry once their domain name replicates across the internet (a few days). It's amazing how little people know about basic computer networking.

People seriously need to get an education, this is just sad.
  11. Pandora's Lunchbox

As opposed to any other profession? You're so far up your own **** right now. :']
  12. Benton582

ALL USERS IN THE THREAD! ISSUE HAS BEEN PATCHED. RESUME NORMAL OPERATIONS.