Can I change flying controls fro the mouse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nelgyntc, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Nelgyntc

Basically the flying is backwards to me, Im used to turning/strafing with the mouse and rolling with A/D I can change everything except making the mouse movement turn instead of rolling. Any way to change this? Thanks for any help.
  2. adamts01

It's backwards for me too. And it can't be changed. You just have to get used to it. Some one on one training in the VR goes a really long way. Join an outfit and ask around, it helps a lot. Or ask around here. What server are you on?
  3. Nelgyntc

The us east one emerald I think? I played war thunder for a while maybe that is where I learned these controls.

Edit, thanks for the answer btw, sucks it cant be changed though.
  4. Jawarisin

Naw, changing those controls would be ********. It's impossible to compete if you your mouse was doing the strafing.

You don't fly right now so you can't understand, but just know that strafing with your mouse would make you a **** tier pilot forever.
  5. adamts01

Watch some YouTube videos from MattiAce, Joshino and STLYoungblood to learn some of the basics. Flying in this game is different than anything else. Good luck.
  6. AZAN

It might make it a bit harder later on down the skill tree but it would make flying a lot more accessible. I can't see any reason why rebinding controls would be controversial.

Also it's arguable that there may be advantages to using the mouse that way for certain parts of flying. Certainly I would imagine aiming would be a bit easier.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nelgyntc

Well I know Im not a great pilot , I did alright in war thunder... Im ok being a **** tier pilot if it means I can fly without hitting a tree/mountian. I only really want to fly to the battle and then drop somewhere high to snipe.
  8. Jawarisin

It means you will still hit trees, and especially you won't ever kill anything flying. Your average lifetime will be something like 30s out of the warpgate.
  9. Jawarisin

It wouldn't make it more accessible, it would make it less. Because anybody switching their commands would never be able to kill anybody except another idiot who changed their controls.
  10. TheSunlikeOne

Speak for yourself. I can't fight against air with current controls. I've honestly tried, but without any success. Still can kill the ground targets... untill some air units come to kill me ))
    Devs said, that mouse yaw isn't the case, because of some technical limitations, unfortunately.
  11. Jawarisin

Here's the thing: It wouldn't allow you to kill ANY air EITHER. The only difference is you'd definitely prevent yourself from ever killing any.

Read up on this really fast: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

That's literally what changing your controls is.
  12. TheSunlikeOne

My health is OK (I guess your post was some kind of insult, but let's pretend, that I didn't notice that). Mouse yawing may be unplayable for you, but just speak for yourself, because players utilize that type of controll easily in other games.
  13. Jawarisin

Nope, you might literally want to read on this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

The previous post and this one aren't insults, but if you can't figure out why I linked this, I do might think something you might find insulting about you.

That being said, because I play fotonica with 1 button doesn't mean I can play every game with 1 button. Which also goes why it'd be ******** to change controls.

For now, read the wiki thing first few paragraphs, and keep in mind that I might have something like 100-200x your flight time, so I might have a better idea than you about this.
  14. D.M.B.-681

Changing air controls is restricted by sky knights bushido.
    So, sadly, not gonna happen.
  15. rahte

How long ? I played that too fpr 2-2,5 years
  16. Nelgyntc

Since it came out but I play other things so a couple hours a week. Also I haven't played it in 2+ years, just last week I came back to planetside.
  17. AZAN

That's a ridiculous statement, with no basis at all. Provide detail on the control scheme to explain why one would be unable to win a fight.
  18. rahte

My friend talked me in to war thunder. It was already on steam, but not for long time. Loooong before tanks.

I would love to see controls from war thunder here.

Right now I am trying to implement B&Z tactics with my reaver, but with mixed luck.
  19. guerrillaman

When performing a reverse maneuver, I have to pull down on my mouse 10 total times to get the ESF to do a full 360. Others have said it only takes then 2-3 times. Why do I have to do that?
  20. Jawarisin

I explained it before on this forum, not going to do it again honestly.

Too lazy to waste my time typing an explanation for people who not only wouldn't understand it, but wouldn't appreciate it. Because they think their 15 minutes in an ESF gave them all the knowledge necessary to make an informed decision.

PS: If you REALLY want to know why, you can browse through my post history far enough I guess. Might take a while.