[Suggestion] Slugs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

The other day playing as an nc AI max, i had a terrible handucap. There was a guy just slightly out of the shotgun range. I emptied both arms in trying to kill him and it just pissed me off at how limited i am at range. I would like to use slugs, but im not sure if id feel fine if rng chose not to be on my side. What do you guys think is a better option? The spray an pray of pellets, or a limited ammo and more accurate slug.
  2. JKomm

Don't use slugs... if someone is out of your range you simply do not engage. If you need to kill the target you should advance with Aegis Shield or Charge.
  3. The Shady Engineer

Not a big fan of slugs on NC MAX shotguns. Yes they extend the range, both gib range and regular kill range by quite a bit but YOU HAVE to stand still to have any resemblance of accuracy with them and standing still as a MAX is just asking to eat a rocket or a C4 brick.

I'd just go with dual Mattocks. 30 meters would be the ideal engagement range. You can push it to 45ish but expect to spend about half a magazine from both arms to secure a single kill. Sometimes even the whole mag.

Gorgons are another option. I'm not a fan and prefer Mattocks but I've seen people do good work with them.
  4. Newlife1025

Thanks. Sadly, im sorta cert drained. Im in the middle of getting a new carbine, but ill keep that in mind.
  5. Newlife1025

Mkst times i run away from tr and vs maxes just because i cant engage and theyve already damaged me... i may upgrade my charge just to get faster
  6. JKomm

If that's the case go a hybrid loadout, AI/AV. Personally I like Hacksaw and Falcon, they work wonders together. With good aim it's still amazingly fast against enemy MAXes(By the time you have unloaded the Hacksaw magazine you will fire two Falcon shells, it's enough to kill them without an AI reload which the NC MAX suffers from).
    • Up x 1
  7. SlugSniper

Slugs actually aren't that bad. Sure, they're slow, but that three-shot kill with a semi-auto and two-shot kill with a pump-action is hard to beat. They turn your shotgun into a kind of pseudo-DMR.

There's a reason my gamertag starts with "Slug." ;)
  8. Newlife1025

Im talking about maxes that cant aim down sights fir accuracy
  9. Newlife1025

Ill go grinder with ravens since that's my best oprion at the moment.
  10. SlugSniper

Oh. Nevermind then. :confused:
  11. Newlife1025

I enjoy slug shotguns. Theyre a nice mid range weapon
  12. AZAN

I have a build with a single gorgon arm and a single slug arm. It seems to work really well at middle distances and still packs a punch up close. The gorgon provides a more steady if lower stream of damage while the slugs bump the damage up as you get closer. Tends to gib people pretty quickly up to 20m or so. Might be a decent half-way house to try if you don't want to go 100% slugs.