Is Planetside 2 supported on Ubuntu or MacOS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Okjoek

Is the game supported on these operating systems? I couldn't find anywhere. I'm going to be setting up either a partition or a testbench PC from spare parts to try to see how user-friendly Ubuntu is which sounds nice because it's free. Either that or on the other end of the spectrum I may choose a Mac as my next hardware upgrade because I simply trust Apple much more than Microsoft as a mega corporation.

Actually as a side note I think Apple is the VS, Microsoft is the NC and Linux is the TR (LOL I hate NC)
  2. FateJH

If you have a Windows emulator.
  3. Okjoek

Alrighty.
    You would think a company like Sony wouldn't have made their games exclusively for a Microsoft product...
  4. Ximaster

Again a totally fail,Sony is the company who sell the Ps4s,Daybreak games is the company who own Planetside 2,this means Ps4,PC and Xbox One...
  5. Okjoek

Sony owned PS2 before DBG.
    Sony owns PS4
    PS4 is in direct competition with XBox 1
    XBox1 is owned by Microsoft
    Microsoft owns Windows
    Sony made a game for their competitor's platform exclusively (Windows)
  6. Vamperial

SOE was a far off division of Sony Entertainment. SOE's main platform for the last 17 years before they became DBG was PC and I even think DC Universe is on Xbox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company

Edited for Clarity and Reference.
  7. Okjoek

Ah that makes more sense then thanks.
  8. Benton582

For MacOS, you can make a Hackintosh, but there is currently NO official support for the platform. You are 100% required to use a emulator, which WILL limit your performance by quite a lot.
    For Linux, some-most distributions will support Wine, which can "emulate" the windows environment, reasoning why I put quotations is because Wine isn't a emulator, it uses windows source files to run Windows programs, and costs less resources, but some won't run as well and may glitch, and needs patching. So be careful.
  9. DocteurVK

10. Diggsano

Is Planetside2 supported on Kindle?