[Suggestion] Give harassers cloak function.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DobryiPupok, Sep 19, 2016.

1. DobryiPupok

Of course cloak function automatically disables harasser's weapon, just like stalker cloak disables primary infiltrator's weapon.
    Some times it needed to get somewhere quick and hidden, and it would be cool to use harasser for this purpose. ))
  2. LaughingDead

Ahhh... No.

An AV vehicle of the harassers caliber should not be able to stealth. Not to mention is completely negates lockons which are one of the harassers main weaknesses.
    • Up x 2
  3. The Rogue Wolf

How about no. [/Goldmember reference]

Harassers are already a force on the field with their speed. Being able to just appear behind a tank, obliterate it in a manner of seconds and then literally vanish? Forget it, unless the stealth weakens them to the point where a single Lightning AP shell destroys them.
    • Up x 1
  4. DobryiPupok

LaughingDead,
    The Rogue Wolf,

Guys, pls, read attentively 1-st post before answering.

I wrote:
    • Up x 1
  5. JKomm

Does not matter if it "disabled" the weapon, ANY vehicle with cloaking makes it completely overpowered... the Cloak ANT can be devastating enough with a Fury, a Wraith Flash has been a broken part of the game for many years now. We need LESS cloaks in this game, not more... it should have been an ability exclusive to the Infiltrator in the first place.

Even if it REMOVED the Harasser's weapon entirely it would be too much, that is a vehicle designed for roadkills, which you would easily obtain when people cannot even see you.
  6. The Rogue Wolf

So then it's a larger, far-less-fragile Wraith Flash running people over willy-nilly?
  7. FateJH

I can assure you they read it and they probably were thinking the same thing I was. A Harasser's AV weaponry is too powerful to allow for it to easily position in the way that Wraith Module would allow. Additionally, as the Wraith Flash proves, you can still kill people with a cloaked vehicle and the majority won't even be able to see with any time to react.
    • Up x 1
  8. DobryiPupok

JKomm,

Flash can roadkill ppl the same way. And of course it's for discussion. Harasser costs x3 nanites compared with flash and can be killed quick enough. But flash has grenades and basilisk.

There are different opinions. Some one always cry about to nerf inflitrators, some one cry about prowlers, MAXes, etc. You are from those, who think that flash is op and hates every think cloaked. Ok, I see.
  9. DobryiPupok

FateJH,
    Pls read 1-st post carefully. No AV weapons provided on cloaked harasser in my suggestion.
  10. Lemposs

But why? The wraith flash already exists if you want a cloaked vehicle, we don't exactly need more of them serving the same purpose (or being as hilariously obnoxious as the wraith flash is).
  11. DobryiPupok

Lemposs,
    Harasser has more speed (+ turbo) and better handleability, than flash, has 3 seats (instead of 2), does not dies from one tank shot like flash.
    May be it will give an interesting use of this vehicle.

And why not? It's funny.
  12. FateJH

I do assure you, I know what you said and skipped to the next point. The immediate logical next step is the realization that, if the Harasser was going to get any sort of cloaking, the developers would be giving it a Wraith Module-type thing, and not a Stalker Cloak-type thing. That's the way this game works out in the end. You're not going to get a relatively sturdy Vehicle that can cloak indefinitely, the same way you're not going to get a Stalker Infiltrator who can killm people while remaining cloaked.

Even if we stick to your initial demand at face value, my answer remains at no. The Harasser already offers too many advantages to justify awarrding it invisibility as well. Experience with the ANT already demonstrates how potent at AV a vehicle can be just by getting into position and allowing people to disembark from it (that's even without considering the onboard weapons).
  13. DobryiPupok

The Rogue Wolf,
    This is for discussion, about roadkills. I didn't mean this in my suggestion. I thought about to use it on other purpose.

About roadkills on flash. In my practice it is so rare, I can't remember when I was roadkilled by cloaked flash last time. Of course it was and happens some times, but it was so long time ago.
  14. DobryiPupok

FateJH,

No no no. It is your fantasy, not mine. :)
    No weapon on cloaked harasser - that's what I mean. Read it well once again please.
  15. JKomm

First of all I do not appreciate you assuming my personality based off my response to a ridiculously terrible suggestion, it's bad enough Flash and ANT have a cloak option, we do not need more of this in the game. This is an entirely worthless suggestion to have on the Harasser because to balance it you cannot have a weapon... why use it then? Pull your Wraith Flash and be happy with what you have.

The idea is a cloak for the sake of having a cloak, it possesses no balance whatsoever... but since you're assuming who I am, let me assume who you are: one of the people who would want cloaks on everything, even air vehicles, because as long as you can't shoot it's balanced right?(Wrong).

Let's give a cloak to all infantry and all vehicles, we'll just play a big game of Hide-n-Seek, because EVERYONE will use it.
  16. DobryiPupok

JKomm,

I see you are very worried. And that's okay too.
    I don't want to make cloaked everything.
    You know, I don't see that everyone using cloaked ANT and flash everywhere. It's so rare cases to see cloaked flash and especially cloaked ANT. But may be we living in different universes and in your universe everyone always rides on cloaked ANT's or flashes everywhere. :) ))
  17. EPIC389

Really really bad idea. There is absolutely no need for a cloak on the harasser. Even if it was for transport, the wraith does the job far better, being cheaper and more accessible. Secondly, you don't use infiltrators on harassers
  18. DobryiPupok

EPIC389,
    Hmm, may be allow cloak only for infiltrators, just like flash.

I don't like flash like transport - its garbage, bad stability on rugged terrain, not big speed, but cheap - yes. Some times I would like to use harasser. That's why I proposed this idea.
  19. Lemposs

And seeing as the wraith flash is already really really good, you don't see an issue with giving the same ability to an even stronger vehicle?
    It's funny isn't really a good argument. Galaxies with nuclear bombs is "funny", yet would and should never happen.
  20. EPIC389

The problem with your idea is it practically removes the flash as a viable vehicle. Sure the flash can use weapons and the harasser cannot(according to your idea) but the flash is primarily a cheap transport vehicle. The harasser is a combat buggy not a transport.

Giving the harasser the cloak would make it straight up superior to the wraith flash, being better protected and faster. It would completely remove one of the biggest reasons to pick the flash