[Vehicle] Fix or delete PPA-H

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Balake, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Eternaloptimist

Is there a directive for that and is the Cactus an NS weapon or ES?
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

you will note that i also made a suggestion on how to change them to let them be used similarly to marauder and cannister...

i stand by my statement, they did need a nerf, and back then VS were abusing the c%%p out of it.
    that being said i would like to see it be useable for its intended purpose (which is not spamming from a hillside 200m away.)

no.
    PPA used to be amazing for CQC which was its intended purpose just like cannister and marauder.
    but then VS decided "hey! it has no drop! lets spam it from render range!" and so they all abused the cr%%p out of it and tadaa, your cone of fire was inevitably nerfed. (which has inadvertently ruined it for the people using the weapon as it should be used.)

my suggestion is to make the cone of fire really small (and with no bloom) but remove the pin-point accuracy of the first shot.
    this means that if you're at ranges were cannister/marauder will be, then you can fire it full auto. but if you're trying to cheese from a distant cliff, you'll miss most of your shots because there is no first shot accuracy bonus.
  3. LaughingDead

That literally just turns it into a bad saron. With saron you had better direct damage, av options, aoe and a better cone of fire with a precise first shot.
    It has to be better than a better cone of fire.
  4. asmodraxus

The other option to solve the range issue is too simply give the PPA gravity, a slightly slower fire rate, cof and damage profile to the marauder, make it semi auto, but with the option of a burst fire mode.

Then rename it to the Aurora, instead the devs butchered the weapon turning what should of been the gold standard of the other weapons (including the NS weapons) into something that made the prebuff canister seem good and leaving the VS without a weapon system for over 2 years.
  5. Daigons

Let me share with everyone on this forum with how broken the Proton II PPA truly is for the Magrider. A few weeks back I decided to Trial it to see how it behaves in combat. Since than, I can no longer test it VR. I slot it and the previous top weapon would appear when I spawn the vehicle. The Magrider is so embarrassed by the PPA that it refuses to use it. It's probably just a bug -- but I wouldn't blame it for not using it.
  6. entity009

The solution is simple. Restore the original CoF. Make the orbs weaken as they fly to a point where at a set distance they almost do no damage or vanish entirely. Make it function like the canister. This would allow the weapon the be downright deadly at close and medium ranges yet pointless for long range base spamming (just like the other 2 empire variants).
  7. Nepau

Honestly the problem with the PPA as it stands now is because they couldn't seem to decide if it should be a long range or short range AI weapon. What ended up happening was we got a bastardized version of both types which causing it to be ineffective at any range. If they could pick one ( long range or short range ) and Keep with it, it would be far easier to balance out.