[Suggestion] Making Battle Rifles Viable(Without Being The Only Option!)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JKomm, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

lol

I don't advocare giving infiltrators shotguns or C-4 even though they would get the best use out of them, that wasn't the point, it was actually a counter point to an asinine arguement.

Hacking is not the best AV weapon, don't be an idiot for the sake of trying to salvage a argument.
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

Auto scout rifles have a longer engagement range than smgs that everyone has access to, that puts you out side the ideal range of most close quarter weapons like shotguns that everyone has access to but infiltrators.

Auto scouts don't have the same role as smgs even though they are versatile enough to dabble in filling that role.

I personally enjoy using the auto scout rifle when I play infiltrator, as well as many other infiltrators do.

By your own arguments, the scout rifles wouldn't see any more use on other classes as it does on the infiltrator class right now, seeing as the other classes mentioned already have access to the smg, shotgun and battlerifle, so the scout rifle would actually see less use on those other classes mentioned than it does now on the infiltrator... using your argument:rolleyes:
  3. JKomm

Except Scout Rifles are an entire category, you seem to only mention the Automatic which is the smallest portion of this entire suggestion. When it comes to the semi-automatics... well they are called Scout Rifles for the sake of being different. In reality they are Battle Rifles(Hell on the Player's site there are two Battle Rifle categories for weapons, one of which are the Scout Rifles... that shows their similar roles). The idea is mainly to give those 334 damage model rifles to Engineer and Combat Medic, however it would be arbitrary to leave out the automatics as they are technically 'Scout Rifles' as well... I don't think they would get much use on these classes but then again, it comes down to preference... regardless it's the addition of the whole category of weapons.

I don't see the problem you really have here... we get Scout Rifles, and in return Infiltrators get the newly buffed Battle Rifles AND their Directive counterparts. This makes the entire Directive worth going for, as a majority of it's weapon's are only usable by one class, yet it's reward isn't even available to it. I rarely see the Directive Battle Rifles because Infiltrators just so rarely use Scout Rifles, maybe they did once for an Auraxium but they certainly put it away since then, the Semi Scout Rifle is outclassed by the Semi Sniper Rifle(Both Variants), and the Auto Scout Rifle is typically outclassed in role by the SMG(Most infiltrators do not engage at medium range, it's either close or long, these are their best options).
  4. LaughingDead

I think the BRs need an overhaul, just make them more effective at long.
    As an NC leet mlg heavy 460 no scope all pro godsaw abuser, I just don't see the BR being more effective than a good lmg at range.
  5. jmdafk

yeh the saw is a good case of the BR being absolutly useless.
    The TR sabr is another, the saw kills the sabr and the sabr kills the BR's. This rule applies pretty much at any range.
  6. JKomm

I daresay the changes proposed in this thread are all Battle Rifles need... less recoil makes them easier to control at long range and thus more reliable, where 2x burst and slightly increased rate of fire makes them a little better for close-to-medium range but by no means the best for it. These are then made into the versatile option, and the Scout Rifles are then the specialized alternatives.

Take an NC Combat Medic for example... if you want versatility you stick with the NC1 Gauss Rifle, for range you take up the Reaper DMR/A-Tross, and for close quarters you use the Carnage AR. Same logic applies here, versatility is the Battle Rifle, long range is the heavy Scout Rifles, and close range is the auto Scout Rifle.
  7. JKomm

What is most unfortunate is that the Heavy Assault is the only class which can make use of Battle Rifles effectively, and it's the class that shouldn't even have them. These weapons should be for Engineer, Combat Medic, and Infiltrator. Were that the case they could be better balanced in the game overall with these changes. But there will never come a time where a weapon is removed from a class now, even for the sake of balance.
  8. OldMaster80

I don't get why people want BR for Infiltrators. It's not a law written in the stone we have to get a directive just playing one single class all the time.

o_O
  9. JKomm

It's because it doesn't make sense... the Directive calls mostly for the use of Scout Rifles, yet the award is a Battle Rifle that the main class to get it cannot use.

And I say Hacking is one of the best AV's because of surprise... hack a Spear behind armour and take it out before they know what hit them, hack a terminal and spawn an entire armour column behind enemy lines. Hacking is an extraordinary ability to have, people don't realize it's potential to shape the battle for a single squad.
  10. Exitus Acta Probat

You are really stretching it there, Stretch Armstrong...
  11. JKomm

And are you not using this ability like this? Because it is DEVASTATING and costs absolutely zero resources to take out several vehicles. Hacking is so useful already, and it's only ever going to get better... if they allow vehicle hacking I say that will be the end of the whole game, plus they said construct hacking might be a thing. Combing Hacking with EMP, and Motion Spotters... Infiltrator is THE most versatile and powerful class in the game... it boggles my mind when people want it to be even more powerful, because it's already up there in the "broken" category same with Heavy Assault.

If you're doubting the power of your class, then you're clearly not using it correctly... sure if all you're doing is killing then of course you'd be upset about... well, not even losing weapons, you're GAINING a Battle Rifle here, just sharing the Scout Rifles with other classes that should already have them.