What do you think 2017 will bring?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilWarLord, Aug 30, 2016.

1. EvilWarLord

Other than bug fixes (We always have bugs to squash)
  2. Caramboul

Daily population of 2000 all servers included server merge. Cosmetics and "new" building stuff. More DDos attacks, more new scripts made for cheater faction. Some sales for virtual pixel 15 €/$ each pixel packet. Same ignorance from devs like now. PS2 activity at reddit will decrease compared to population. Some NoGo and NoNo speeches for PS2 coming with social media and bloggosphere.

First preparations to take PC version of PS2 offline in... 2018 ?
    • Up x 4
  3. Scr1nRusher

Perhaps the Bastion Fleet Carrier & Colossus Tank. Both buidable from the construction system
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

So edgelordly
  5. Lemposs

Not a whole lot, maybe more constructions, some redesigns, some added weapons, nerfs and buffs etc.. It is a four year old game, I wouldn't exactly expect a whole lot at this point :D
  6. Steza

probably a lot more stuff in the pipe line to come, they have a listing on there website for a new Project Manager for Planetside 2 in the careers section.
  7. dreamcast87

Less pepole playing PlanetSide 2? But what I hope for is better performance.
  8. EvilWarLord

Fair point, lets just hope they get to re-designing hossin.
  9. Sil4ntChaozz

Being able to select fits before spawning on console, ability to name fits, other tips besides 'Hit Instant Action,' construction that won't be broken and bugged. I believe I'm seriously overreahing though.
  10. DocteurVK

New Players ? Lots of them ?

I may just be dreaming...
  11. Lemposs

I'd like for them to do more redesign kind of like Indar, less bottleneck and less bases overall. More space to have fights in than just the bases themselves.

Thank the divine that stuff like west highlands checkpoint is gone, I have PTSD from that base!
  12. Pikachu

By the end of it the population will have decreased by 50% from what it had at the beginning of the year, as usual.
  13. ridicOne

As much as I dislike Dice if BF1 is any good could spell trouble...
  14. user101

Well assuming DBG can keep DEV's we might see some good updates... they have a large list of JOBs for DEVs...?
  15. Liewec123

so much doom and gloom here!
    if the pops do drop low enough for a server merge it will mean big battles, the kind you don't really see anymore! it'll be like playing the game years ago :D
  16. DirArtillerySupport

The doom and gloom is a result of a sick and broken gaming industry with a cookie cutter mentality towards entertainment.
    • Up x 3
  17. adamts01

I agree the gaming industry has turned to ****, but I think Planetside 2 is an exception to that. I'm a month in to it and it has a lot more going for it than most other games. Someone else mentioned Battlefield 1 possibly being trouble for PS2, maybe a little. It'll have it's problems like everything else, and probably follow the recent trend of not giving a **** about them because the next Battlefield comes out a year later. I'm so let down with most AAA titles these days, I'm shifting to F2P like this one that can last years, and years and years. I liked Farcry 3, so I recently bought Farcry 4 when it was one sale..... What an unfinished pile of crap. I liked Division Beta so I bought the full package, and it's completely lame with not much else to offer than closed beta had. PS2 has a new owner, just released construction (which was a huge investment, I'm sure), and is hiring new people, so I'm sure the company is doing well and will keep releasing new content for a ways to come.
  18. LaughingDead

I want more ES vehicles.
    More ES stuff.
    I know it takes a ton of development work but dear god, that's what the game is about.
    • Up x 2
  19. Mirta00

The game will definitely be closing down next year I expect. I'm certainly not supporting it financially for that reason (wasted investment) and I know most people I've spoken to across all three factions on cobalt have said the same, was quite a big discussions on it.

Long term players should be looking for a replacement title at this stage, newer players can enjoy the remaining time the game has left but definitely dont spend any money.
  20. Scr1nRusher

This is you:

And you are the Cat