[Suggestion] Head shots should be changed smaller and no more than 50 meters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by user101, Aug 29, 2016.

1. user101

Is he cheating or just a good shot -- looks like he is running a cheat to me. Or did the DEV's screwed up on this weapon...?????

Some will say he is just a good shot... to me he should have missed about 80% of those head shots. So the head shot is as big as your body... !
  2. FateJH

I don't have much first hand practice with long range sniping (or Sniper Rifles at all) but I don't see any shots that are shifty or wouldn't land properly. Can you call a specific one out?
    Actually, the head hitbox is about the side of the head and, from a front-ish direction, a bit of the neck.
    • Up x 1
  3. Steza

Well considering Wrel makes youtube videos and this is a "Montage" We're just seeing the good parts from that session. There could be like a hour or two hours of just misses and crap shots that are not edited into his 3 minute video.

Also good to keep in mind lead your targets and compensate for drop and you to can snipe as well!
    • Up x 5
  4. FailureOfEngineering

My guess is Wrel did miss a bunch of shots, but those moments were not included in the montage for obvious reasons. Notice how some clips in the montage feature a single kill or two and then a cut to the same fight and the same sniper spot? That's because subsequent shots missed their targets and were cut out from the video.

Sniping, especially at long range and against moving targets has a lot to do with luck. Most of the incredible shots in the montage were obviously backed up by shooter skill but luck had A LOT to do with it too.
    • Up x 1
  5. Niamar

A head hit box adjustment would only help the aim bot users. And I have seen more than 1 well known streamer that cheats. One was interviewing some dev's and you could see the magical mouse ticking towards a moving target with a small delay built in. He took a break from the game not long after it was reported...
  6. Stigma

Currently the hitbox is pretty much exactly the size of the head as-is. It's easy to verify. If anything the head hitbox in this game is quite unforgiving because headshotting someone from behind is extremely hard or even literally impossible at times if they are just looking down. Projectiles are also pretty small compared to many games.

Making it smaller would literally make it smaller than the visual size of the head - making bullets pass through it harmlessly at times when you should have hit. Nobody wants that - least of all to soothe the ego of someone hackusing a montage video from one of the devs. I mean - seriously??

What he shows off here isn't even that good. It is highly competent by all means, but it doesn't compare to how the gameplay from a truly well practiced top-tier infiltrator main looks like - like Elusive1 just to name someone who has a lot of content available:

Frankly your attitude is offensive and toxic OP. I will leave it at that.
    -Stigma
    • Up x 2
  7. Graubeorn

I can't see any cheating, and (as someone already pointed out) this is a montage of different video snippets and not a continous killing sequence. If you snipe enough, you will be able to hit moving enemies in the head at range consistently. Consistently doesn't mean every shot, or even necessarily every other shot, but if they move in a straight line it is quite possible, regardless of bullet drop and timing constraints. As in RL, when you are good enough you also occasionally get into the "zone", dropping enemies like flies ;).

So no cheating, but hours, hours and hours of playing (and training). And just for the record, I do not know Wrel. But I am speaking from experience (10000+ kills with the Parallax).
    • Up x 1
  8. HamOnRye

Are you some sort of halfwit???

Wrel is part of the development team for PS2, and got there be constantly producing content for PS2. It never occurred to you that an actual members of the dev team might be really damn good at the game?
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

what is going on with forumside lately.
  10. ObiVanuKenobi

You're right user101. I agree that Daybreak should ban this "Wrel" guy.

Wrel has been playing this game since beta, owns the most popular Planetside related youtube channel with over 500 videos AND HE WORKS FOR DAYBREAK. Yep.. an obvious cheater.
  11. The Rogue Wolf

I think I understand the train of logic in the OP's post.

- I do not understand what is going on
    - Therefore, what is going on must be dishonest
  12. travbrad

Any problems you have with this are more likely due to lag rather than the hitbox itself. I know I have shot people in the head before when aiming at their stomach or even legs. GG
  13. ExarRazor

to be fair, Wrel is probably the ONLY member of the dev team with any idea how to develop for this game. the rest seem to develop without having any clue as to how it actually affects the game