I might have ****** up D:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AxiomExotic, Aug 30, 2016.

1. AxiomExotic

So, the other day i was playing on cobalt and i was fighting and when i respawned on the sunderer i spawned underground but i could still shoot at people so i thought it was hilarious so i managed to grab 5 or so kills and then today i found out i was actually bug abusing and it can get me banned and i just want to say im really sorry for what i did at the time it seemed fun to do but i regret doing it please dont ban me i have spent 400 hours on my character
  2. breeje

You should get a one week ban
    Just to make sure you don't do it again
    Or slap yourself five times in the face
    One slap for every kill
    • Up x 4
  3. oTec

Just insta redeploy as this happens, don't be a d*ck and use it to your advantage.
    Don't worry about the ban, people cheat and still play so.
  4. blackboemmel

As far as i know this method only counts if recorded and uploaded.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

I play on Cobalt and saw this happen on TR's side last week when 'trying' to assault NC at Indar Excavation Site. Some guy got his Sunderer into one of the desert corals close to that building between Indar Exc and Quartz Ridge, then around 10 minutes later that same Sunderer had moved right up to a coral near Indar Exc. After my friend had been killed he spawned at the Sunderer not realising what had happened and thought his game or his computer was at fault. When he moved and popped out of the coral, we both realised what had actually happened, some guy was bug abusing to get an invulnerable Sunderer. I assure you that you're not the only one who took advantage of that bug. Many TR snipers were sat within the coral freely killing NC.

Whenever I've accidentally spawned at a Sunderer I was unaware was bug abusing or whenever my character has fallen under the world but just enough not to kill me, I've always redeployed. It would be so easy to take advantage of those kinds of situations but for my own personal dignity and the repercussions of what could happen later are most definitely not worth it. If this kind of thing happens to you in future, no matter how tempting it may be to exploit a bug, just redeploy and play on legitimate grounds again.
  6. AxiomExotic

Oh hey the guy in the video you posted, i play with him often :D
  7. BartasRS

Once I managed to park my Sunderer next to the rock and every time I was respawning in it I was falling under the map but then I was falling till I hit the "bottom" and died.
  8. Stigma

This is bug exploiting, and that is a bannable offense in principle.

That said... relax. They don't have a zero-tolerance policy to anything that can happen accidentally (as far as I have observed at least). If you only killed 5 players while you were down there then at worst this is a warning. I very much doubt you even risk a minimal suspension. I've certainly seen people to faaaaar worse with minimal or no disciplinary action.

But please, if the game randomly glitches in your favor - don't exploit it. Respawn/relog or whatever to fix it so that everyone can have fun. Having your liberator accidentally spawn underground doesn't mean that it's ok to now go around killing every tank on the map just because you didn't actively cheat to make it happen...

-Stigma
  9. dejavuallover3

No, you knew that at the time, but 'thought it was hilarious.' You should be kicked the **** out. Luckily for you though, the game has no functioning anti cheat of any sort and, especially if cheaters and exploiters are paying members, little is done about them.
  10. blackboemmel

I was an "ear-witness" when it happened.
    No, he did not know at that time. He didn't even know the term "bug abusing".
    He stumbled into that situation for the first time, was totally surprised, noticed that he can kill people from that strange position he dropped in and thought "it's hilarious".
    He said in his TeamSpeak what he was doing, someone explained to him that he is doing something absolutely wrong, so he came to this forum to make a thread that may help a few players reading it not to do the same (or a similar) mistake.
    No need to kick anything out of this young gun.
  11. blackboemmel

That "Knarzlette" guy (girl)? Better stay away from him: He has a very odd sense of humour.
  12. dejavuallover3

So he knew. Thanks for confirming that. Even if he didn't, If anyone needs someone to tell them that it's wrong, then that's kind of sad.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Forumside help me, i don't know whats going on