[Suggestion] Medic Directive needs some adjustment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Jake the Dog

I love playing medic alot, and whenever I get together with a squad of infantry I often pull it. However, the portion of the directive both Savior kills and Medic kills are insanely annoying to get. There's not a half decent way to accomplish it.
    Reasoning:
    The current most efficient method to get savior kills is to kill enemies that shoot maxs/heavies and most of the time to kill a medic you'll have to fight through everyone around him unless he's the John Rambo of Medics (which I often think I am tbh.)

I'd like to suggest halving the Savior/medic directive or adding one like Assault rifle kills or maybe a new xp gain source called Resurrection Assist, where the people you res and get kills soon afterwards will reward the medic with a SMALL xp gain ~10xp. Getting 1200 of these would result in completing the directive.
    • Up x 8
  2. Lemposs

I am not going to disagree that they are annoying to get, but medic might just be the one class where you can play with whatever weapons and setups (shield ribbons being the only exception) that you want, and you'll pretty much get there in the end.
    • Up x 3
  3. LaughingDead

Better than max punch.
    • Up x 2
  4. AtckAtck

Getting the savior kills at least is kinda fun and challanging, but still medic is still an easy aurax.
    You should look at engi... The Need to aurax "any" turret deploayble is terrible. Most of the time you die 1 sec. after trying to really use it too shot at someone.
  5. TheMercator

Ever looked at Heavy? Auraxing AV-Grenades, killing 300 Maxes or 1200 Air-Deterence.
    But out of a reason no vehicle or Heavy kills.
  6. Taemien

Have you seen medics with Auraxium Armor?

I don't see them often.. so imagine when you get it done how unique it will be.
    • Up x 3
  7. Jake the Dog

Ive seen alot of arx heavies more than any other class hands down.
  8. Jake the Dog

Fun yet terrible fact max punch can destroy turrets counting towards the directive...
  9. LaughingDead

I both hate and thank you for this tip.
  10. Lemposs

It is also the most played class by quite a margin, engineers coming in second and they are mostly used for piloting.
  11. DoucheSlayer

And I need 1160 spitfire turret kills, AV turret kills, or sticky grenades xD
  12. FieldMarshall

I have auraxed all the classes except Medic. Im missing like 100 savior kills (or 400 medic kills, whatever comes first)
    The problem with it is that its so random. You could play for hours and not get a single point.
    I think they should change savior and medic kills to "Resurrects made with the resurrect grenade" and "Heals done with the heal grenade".

In my opinion, the easiest way to "fix" directives overall would be to allow partial points to count.
    For example if you deal 90% damage to a MAX as a HA, you get 0.9 points towards the MAX kills directive.
    Dealing 50% melee damage to a target as a MAX counts as 0.5 points towards MAX punch.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ziggurat8

They're time consuming, yes but they're not hard. I'm on my way to completing auraxium objectives on all the classes just by playing them normally. I could focus on only 1 class but that is not my style. I'm more of a right tool for the job kind of player.

The fact is objectives just aren't as hard as you're making them out to be and for the most part just require a significant time investment. That's pretty much all of the objectives. None of them require any sort of skill. Just a preset number of situations to occur a certain number of times before it's complete.

Though it would be cool if they did require you to demonstrate skill.

Imagine a sniper directive that required you to headshot 5 enemies standing on a control point within 15 seconds? Or an infiltrator directive that requires you to main weapon kill 15, pistol 10,knife 5, and blow up 5 enemies with ai mines all within a single life?

Or a medic directive that requires you to kill 5 enemies and rez 3 players within 10 seconds while standing on a control point.

That sort of thing. With harder and harder to achieve levels of the directive until you have maybe only 1 or 2 guys in the world with the very hardest completed. Think of achievements in other games for inspiration.

Directives like that could be really cool, way better than the 800 max punch or 300 savior kill ones we have now. But they would be much harder to complete.
  14. DoucheSlayer

People will cheat.

On PS4 a week ago or so, I saw a BR 35 ish vanu with a sunderer and a BR 1 TR with a sunderer in the corner of a map on amerish doing things.
    Next thing you know, this guy has aurax light assault as BR like 38.

Also saw a guy with bounty hunter title on PS4, a long time ago, no way you get that legit from the date it was introduced on ps4.

I moved as a PC gamer with a thousand hours on CSS and started fresh with a controller because I got tired of hackers and cheaters, but they sti exist on console by using cheap *** methods to do these things unfortunately.

Also I agree the savior should be changed. Literally any class is just as capable of being a "savior", so why limit it to such a high number for medic?
    How about "Revival Assist" (like transportstion assist) the person you revive gets a kill within the first few seconds of revival (domination bonuses do not count to prevent cheats mcgeetz)
  15. Dualice

I need seven more saviour kills for the medic directive, and I agree they are a pain in the neck to acquire when you're looking for them.

Like the idea of resurrection assists - good call!
  16. Daigons

I noticed that I occasionally get Savior Kills while flying in my ESF. Maybe I should fly as a medic to get this annoying Savior Kills done?
  17. Lemposs

You can't get directives for a class inside a vehicle.
  18. JKomm

Directives are just a chore at this point. I tend to avoid them and as such I end up being a very good high rank player with a low Directive Score. I got my Engineer Auraxium Infused Armour, and The Brawler. That's all I wanted, I never use the armour now and The Brawler is a terrible choice over any of the shotguns used to obtain it. I've been working slowly on Explosives and Objective Support but, I need Frag Grenade kills... if you've used these you know how hard it is to reliably get kills, players very easily leave their radius or they just bounce in a random direction.
  19. Jake the Dog

The way I set myself up was to get everything to the last rank and then work on it from there. That way any progress I make in a class IE kills, Savior kills, infil kills etc. work towards the final portion of the directive. Its still a pain in the ***.

Looking forward to finishing my infil (400 smg kills and a couple recon ribbons away). But I'd still like to see medic changed.
  20. SixNineFour

The grenade kills just require the right circumstances, then its easy. Knowing where and how to use them helps. Certain bases with chokepoints, just pick appropriate class (LA or stalker infiltrator), get in position and farm away.

My favorite grenade (and C4) farm area is probably Snowshear with a sunderer in the south-west garage. There are multiple choke points and death zones for explosives there and LA has easy time to get to all of them from the tower. The garage itself, the opening in the wall near the garage and the small 2 floor building near the garage all good spots.

Bio lab teleporter room near A point also good farm sometimes as both attackers and defenders sometimes hug that wall next to the small teleporter spawn room.