SMG for Infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlippinBox, Aug 16, 2016.

1. HamOnRye

From my personal experience I alternate between the PDW & the Armistice. The Hailstorm is passable but not best in class for either function, the Shuriken is straight up garbage.

The question I would pose to you is are you an ADS shooter or hipfire when playing a cloaked? If you Are a natural ADS shooter the PDW with a forward grip will perform nicely for you. If you want to hipfire, which is advantageous as a cloaker, use the armistice with a laser sight.
  2. HamOnRye

Gonna have to disagree here. I have the thing and consider it to be a sloppy piece of crap due it's recoil. The Hailstorm is a more stable firing platform then the Shuriken.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

Despite the fact that vs is generally more accurate, quicker cof reset and slower cof increase.

Have you actually played the game?.
  4. zaspacer

The only SMG my TR Infil uses right now is Armistice. Love it.
  5. DQCraze

TR don't have anything close to the cyclone or eradani, I would go with the Hailstorm over the others, rof is a little slow but you get a bigger clip.
  6. Ryme_Intrinseca

Really? That's ridiculous.

As for NS-7 vs Armistice, I feel even as an infil the extra range on the NS-7 is worth giving up some theoretical DPS. I can certainly see the Armistice would be the best option for dedicated CQC, but I just find that in practice infils have to deal with mid range as well, and closing distance is a time-consuming and risky alternative to simply shooting the baddies. Obviously it is largely a matter of playstyle and preference though.
  7. Lord_Avatar

Thanks to superior TTK the Armistice is better suited to the hit-and-run style favored by most SMG Infiltrators. Essentially, you don't need a stable firing platform in order to jam the barrel into your opponents throat and squeeze the trigger; it's a CQC dueling weapon.