Long time no play!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bekja, Aug 13, 2016.

1. bekja

Hello everyone!

I recently unlocked "The Butcher" witch is the weapon you get from getting the LMG directive of the TR faction. Every time i face a good Vanu or NC heavy assault face to face i almost certainly lose that duel and I almost certainly win if i play on the ether side.

My only conclusion is that this game have some mayor issues witch heavily punishes faction specific specializations.

I can't find a single decent LMG on the TR faction that can compete over all.

Yes i can do very well as a TR heavy but i can do so much much better if i play Vanu or NC. Can someone explain me what is a decent weapon i can use now. I haven't played in a while so i feel like i am in a great disadvantage.

PS. The Butcher is an over all crap weapon.
  2. breeje

TR HA needs a high rpm 125 damage weapon
    almost every TR LMG are good but like you say VS and NC weapons play better in my hands
    i find the the best TR LMG the T32 bull
  3. Gundem

The Butcher is by far the best Araxium LMG, and perhaps the best LMG in the game, so long as you use it within it's niche. It's overall going to be mediocre outside it's niche, and while it's niche is somewhat small, it's amazing within it.

The best place to use the Butcher is in a squad point-hold. Gal drop onto a heavily contested point and mow down suckers left and right. Get support from allied medics and HA's to provide cover fire as you reload. Within this environment, the Butcher has no equal: Massive magazine size, higher RoF, better hipfire and SPA all wrapped up into one neat, death-bringing package.

When attempting to 1v1 skilled players, the Butcher indeed falls short. For that, use the MSW-R, the best 1v1 gun in the game next to the Anchor.
  4. bekja

What you are describing is basic positioning tactic that works almost with every weapon. You can use even a pistol like that and much more efficiently than the butcher since it's aim is very bad.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gundem

I challenge you then, to perform even remotely close to the Butcher with any pistol, including the Commissioner, while holding a point from a 48+ zerg.

The Butcher is not a bad weapon. You can't just cover your ears and go "Lalala not listening butcher bad", when you are given solid advice as to using it.
  6. bekja

I have been playing this game for 2 years and I didn't come here using some weapons 5 min and than making a conclusion. Like breeje said the T32 bull is the only TR LMG that i have played so far that it is decent enough to compete with the other faction LMGs (i hope the anti TR devs don't read this and nerf that too). You are describing a perfect situation where the butcher is good and you shouldn't take that as the over all count. Don't get mad at people if they don't agree with you, that's why i opened this topic to get to some answers i am looking for. Anyways the Butcher sux like most of the TR infantry weapons.
  7. SwornJupiter

By that logic, every weapon is the absolute best as long as you use it within their niches. Yeah, that thing we call the Phaseshift? It's the greatest sniper rifle... as long as you use it within its niche.

Nah, I think what OP was referring to was the Butcher's spin-up time which hampers its ability to quickly react to enemies in firefights. So two guys come face-to-face. One has a Butcher, and the other has a Betelgeuse. The Betelgeuse is at its peak effectiveness from its first shot, whereas the Butcher has a delay before it reaches its maximum damage output. And that's what OP is referring to...

bekja:

"Every time i face a good Vanu or NC heavy assault face to face i almost certainly lose that duel"
  8. Eternaloptimist

Totally agree - good at a variety of ranges, stable and (I think) best MV of any LMG.