There is a link between the rise of "vehicleside" and the downfall of the games popularity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ryme_Intrinseca, Aug 8, 2016.

1. adamts01

I think all the vehicles should be much more expensive and much more powerful. It's kind of lame when there's an endless supply of Lightnings pouring non-stop out of a base. It should be more like "****, MBT incoming, someone please have a rocket". But then rockets should be much more powerful, but you only get 1 and have to go back to base to get another. Endless rocketspam from a heavy/engineer is the reason they can't be powerful.
    • Up x 3
  2. Hegeteus

Don't get my tone wrong, by even in reddit I mean to emphasize that it's ridiculous how some threads from here have made it into another discussion platform altogether.

I post in Reddit and I've occasionally seen threads that mock this forum's threads and their posters. I imagine them as giggling school girls, which I have pointed out to them too. That being said, I don't pick sides because people are being jerks all over
    • Up x 1
  3. DrakeFang

Gotta love a good parody thread.
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

It's like farming a war factory in Red Alert when an allied player is down to spamming light tanks lol.
    • Up x 1
  5. AxiomInsanity87

I did yeah, so I just made a point to start decent discussion.
  6. Scr1nRusher

You are exposed.
  7. Campagne

8. DrakeFang

How so? Last I checked, I'm still wearing pants. XD
    • Up x 1
  9. kr47er

I must agree with you, youre right, but anyway this thread didn't bother me...It even made me doubt about if I understood everything wrong about the other thread x)
  10. ColonelChingles

Most of those "infantry" are not actual combat infantry. ;)

This is the composition of a combined arms battalion:

[IMG]

The HQ is made of 3 platoons (scout, mortar, medical) and a sniper section. They aren't generally "combat" troops as we see it (except the snipers). The sniper section is made of 7 soldiers. So already out of the 229 "soldiers" in the HQ, only 7 are meant for direct combat operations.

Next comes the two rifle companies with three rifle platoons each (a total of six rifle platoons), totalling 242 soldiers. Out of each rifle platoon you have three rifle squads (total 18 rifle squads). Each rifle squad is made of 9 soldiers, one of which might carry an ATGM (so 162 combat soldiers, out of which 18 may have access to AV weapons). You also have 14 IFVs (the PS2 equivalent of a Sunderer) per company or 28 total.

The two tank companies have three tank platoons each, with 14 tanks in each company (total 28 MBTs).

So what does combined arms look like? Well, combined arms has the ratio of:
    28 MBTs: 28 Sunderers: 151 "soldiers": 18 HA's
    Or simplified as
    1 MBT: 1 Sunderer: 5.4 "soldiers": 0.6 HA

That doesn't include air support, but it shows what combined arms should be like on the ground. Pretty much for every 6 soldiers, there should be 1 MBT and 1 Sunderer. That is a much higher ratio than what we have in PS2, where at most it is 1 MBT: 17 soldiers (and it's likely much less than that).

You keep using the word "combined arms" but I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)
    • Up x 4
  11. Eyeklops

The OP gets the coveted Eye-Am-Awesome Gold Star of Excellence for this dandy doppleganger thread.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. Ryme_Intrinseca

Mostly I'm just protesting against scrinrusher constantly bumping his QQ thread.
    • Up x 2
  13. Ryme_Intrinseca

I hope so, I have long studied the neckbeard arts under Grandmaster Scr1nrusher.

The only problem I ran into was that running MS Word 'find and replace' (infantry>vehicle) on his magnus opus inadvertently added some vestige of rationality to the screed.
  14. Scr1nRusher

So you are a cuck.

It all makes sense.

The thread isn't QQ, your thread is.

I'm barely commenting on my thread at all.
  15. Scr1nRusher

You honestly completely missed the point of the thread did you?
  16. Beerbeerbeer

These people won't be satisfied until HE is back to its original, one-shot five people damage/splash radius.

It's the cheesiest way to kill people and it drove away so many potential customers from the game because like it or not, these newbies couldn't figure out how or why they were instagibbed over and over again at a selectable spawn point from something they couldn't even see.

I would farm sunderers for days just inside the brink of render range and I'll do it again, targeting newbies especially. Who needs new players.
    • Up x 2
  17. ColonelChingles

If that's the case, then players must have only fired off a few HE shots before logging off for the day, because even prior to the HE nerf few people were dying to tank HE. :p

Pre-nerf HE was completely fine as it was. Only angry infantry players who couldn't L2P had issues with it, but those players will just about have issues with anything.
  18. Scr1nRusher

Yet no one is saying that.

you are being completely irrational and propagating a false narrative.
  19. Beerbeerbeer

No, you're irrational, well, you and a few others, who for selfish reasons want easy cheese kills, without looking at any peripheral damage it may do to the game as a whole.
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

How you survived the birth canal is a medical miracle.