Amerish and Esamir Skies and ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fart11eleven, Aug 1, 2016.

1. fart11eleven

The Amerish and Esamir skies prevent ESF tracers from showing up, and they prevent visibility due to fog. Those tracers are essential for aiming, the visibility is essential to see further than 400 meters. Esamir is completely white. Amerish is completely gray. Why were these changes done and i kindly ask to revert them to the previous skies, as with the current version they are inacceptable and causing discomfort in the airgame. The previous skies were a much more joy to look at as well.

I think i speak on behalf of most ESF pilots. This is not acceptable and decreases game quality for the airgame significantly.
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

How does fog on the ground affect esf? Also theres more fog in the desert than esamir unless it was changed with the update.

Devs wanted all biomes to look like earth it seems like. The lighting, fog density and sky color is almost identical across them. No more greenish graslands or reddish desert or cyan sky on amerish with bright colorful shadows and spring green sunrise.

The devs seems to like overly bright skies during day and strange uneven brightness during sunrise and sunset.

Also the midnight sun on esamir was lowered below the horizion. If you reduce render distance you can see it clipping into the ground.
  3. fart11eleven

Well, it is actually all the skies. There needs to be something done about this. I have no idea about ground play, but the air play suffers, because the tracers are pretty much invisible on most skies during certain times.

Why was this change done? Was it a performance pass? Can't this be solved without affecting the actual game play?