[Suggestion] Base Builders/ANT Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Miss Atley <3, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Kaomie

Hello,

I can see the walls snapping go horribly wrong indeed. If wall edges are snapping then we must retain the ability to rotate and slide up and down freely. But I would rather have the wall edges no-clipping instead, this way you can also connect better to garages and towers.

Blast walls need to not be so terrible. Remove these annoying stairs, make the infantry holes affected by shield modules and have them behave like regular walls regarding repair modules and being immune to damage.

For the rest I agree with Miss Atley, our fearless hivemother.

Thanks,

Kao
  2. Miss Atley <3

KAYKAYYYYYYY :D ! <3<3 One of my best ANT harvesters!

Yepp totally agree with everyone Kaomi said here pretty much. ESPECIALLY the walls being able to no-clip into each other a tiny bit so we could connect them and also the blast walls should be changed just as Ka said ^
  3. Dieter Perras

I've been loving the construction update as well, not because I love building bases but because fighting at them is so much fun and has add a lot of fun fights in places nobody used to go before.

ideas for new construction stuff;
    -deploy able jump pads to launch infantry (like the types on bio lab landing pads)
    -some faction specific buildings for example the VS could get a hover tower like what the covenant have in halo.
    -outfit specific banners?

P.S. is asking for a larger garage so I can repair a mbt in peace to much to ask?
    • Up x 1
  4. Miss Atley <3

I like all your ideas including the larger garage for the poor tankers that come to my base to repair but my little ANT drivers start beeping at them while they're repairing in the garage hahaha
  5. EPIC389

I feel like wraith flash would be a good method of dealing with prowlers. Sneak up on them with a light assault/engi and tank mine/c4 them
  6. Nie_Tutaj

I would like to see air bases become a thing. Build air pads on the ground that ascend like a balloon to a certain altitude, where Valkyries can be upgraded to hold some cortium and be used to transport cortium from ground bases to the sky.

This would do loads of good for people who want to get into air combat with Galaxies or Liberators, giving factions a target in the sky that is ridiculously difficult for cannons on the ground to deal with.
  7. Kaomie

I forgot one thing: please add a (small) exclusion zone around Cortium nodes so that people cannot put silos just next to them and waste the nodes. As soon as a 35k node appears some idiot will rush to it and if possible put a silo to unload immediately just because they are farming their directives or by pure laziness. I have seen entire areas on Indar (which is packed with Cortium) starved because of this.
    • Up x 2
  8. Miss Atley <3

Actually I agree with Kaomie on this, it's becoming a HUGE problem... people are rushing out in the start of maps or just any time during the game to get to a good cortium area put a random silo down and waste all the cortium and leave us base-builders sitting there sad or beeping/yelling at them, but obviously they don't care.
    • Up x 1
  9. Who Garou

I don't think we are really supposed to be able to link the walls so close that infantry can't get through.

I think that the people at are able to do it are lucking out and the game is doing something that it isn't supposed to allow.
    I wouldn't doubt doors being put into wall sections - like the way that blast walls have now. (I do think that they should be shielded like the door ways on top of gateways (I mean the mislabeled "Sundy Garages") or is that Hive Vaults? ... and Tree Forts (sorry, I mean "infantry towers").)

I have seen bases that are completely enclosed so that there is no way for infantry to get into a base, and I don't think that this in intended.
    Infantry being able to get into a construction base (like they can enter any normal base) does not mean that they can't be fired upon on their way in or once they are inside of the base, it simply means that infantry has to have access to a way to get through the walls that can not be taken down if there is a repair generator inside of a base.

So "no" to "snap-tight" model walls - as far as I am concerned. There should always be paths that infantry can enter a construction base without having to drop into it or be carried into a base through a sky shield by aircraft. A construction base shouldn't be harder to enter than a normal base.
  10. Who Garou

Against.

People have different playstyles.

The game doesn't exclude players from doing things that disrupt other people's gameplay in any other area like you are suggesting..

In fact, there are some Cortium spawning locations that are perfect for building bases because they are flat.

I am not going to act like that I have not spawned an Ant to harvest Cortium and fill siloes with it as fast as possible during non-prime hours, but I do build bases and I think most players are going to look for a silo that is near by to fill-up and I do put a hive down with my silo that I'm filling up as fast as I can and it usually gets a VP generator, so .... if other people aren't building a more productive hive with a higher efficiency ... am I really causing a problem?
  11. strikearrow

I disagree, HIVEs are actually quite a bit more important for VPs than any base - even a techplant. They should be able, when built well, to withstand any assault a base 2x as strong as a techplant could withstand. On Hossin, they are very powerful because individual bases are worth maybe 1/5 of a VP. except the bio, amp and tech (worth about 1/3 or a bit more).

HIVEs are just worth more VP and so they should be a lot harder to kill.
  12. misterthatguy

I hope not!

Bases take a lot of time and people to set up properly. If a Sunderer can roll up on any wall, spawn a handful of people, and they kill modules through cracks in the walls before advancing inside... any base could be taken out by any group of yahoos, and would eliminate the desire to build them AND their effectiveness in the game as defensive structures.

A well build base, that took much time and many players, deserves to be hard to take down.

2 sides to this coin:

Side 1) I build a base yesterday on Indar, between Indar Ex and Quartz Ridge. We had 2 full squads of people building it up, and luckily captured and defended Quartz for a short while to buy us some time to do it... The base was HUGE! 13+ Skyshields. It fended off 4 96+ TR zergs over 2 alerts, and the TR never advanced while we were able to be used as staging grounds for multiple successful pushed into Quartz... EPIC HOLD. Ended up winning the Alert, by the way of leaving 4-8 people to fight off 12-24 as we killed all enemy hives for the 7 hive 3 VP bonus (fun way to win a continent).

Side 2) EVERY BASE IS BEATABLE. Along with making bases, I constantly run the largest Hive Killing Platoon on Emerald. Most bases we can take out with 2 squads EASY, but every now in then it takes an entire platoon and a strategic approach... That said, I have never encountered a base that we couldn't crack (like my own base :D), because we used the required teamwork and tactics to take them out. Some teams can even crack tough bases (like many of my other bases :p) with just a handful of players and finding a weak spot and working out from it quickly, which is equally deserving of the hive kill as the hive builders are deserving of having a good defense...

If anyone wants to learn how to kill even the toughest of hives, I would encourage you to jump onto Emerald with the NC, and if you see my hive squad up, join it. :)
    • Up x 1
  13. Sirax

i have a suggestion too. After a certain period of time of being active, a base will gain the ability to build a Unique vehicle. of course it would have to be restricted in certain ways to avoid abuse, and have it strong enough to give opponents a reason to prevent such a vehicle spawn.
  14. misterthatguy

No need to make Silo exclusion zones... BUT, it would be nice if a player logs off if his silo could be deconstructed by anyone. It would eve be helpful to deconstruct if the owner hasn't touched the silo in an hour...

One of the most frustrating things as a base builder, is rolling up to a perfect base building location that has nothing but a farm silo already placed... This results in the squad/platoon leader not being able to place it, and the items placed by non-squad/platoon members can not be deconstructed. Squad/Platoon rights to deconstruct help avoid the wrong turrets crowding the wrong areas (ie Anti-Air where Anti-Infantry is needed), or bad walls blocking the placement of good walls, etc.

Just something so someone cant place a silo for farming that completely negates the area to base builders for the remainder of the mad. Lots of these silos go up right when the continents open, when cert farmers know they will have plenty of nodes to farm on.
  15. Kaomie

I have built many bases all over and nowhere do I remember seeing a decent location (in terms of defense and efficiency) which would require a silo be on top of a Cortium node. There are plenty of flat areas elsewhere. Anyway I was talking about people who drop a silo just for farming, without even caring the least about building a base. If you are lucky they will move to the next node and drop their silo again which will at least free up the previous node.

Maybe something like MisterThatGuy said. What about if a silo is not used for a short while (no constructs attached) then it despawns? Farmers will usually not bother to drop anything at all next to the silo, while builders will have something almost right away.

Also this reminds me, not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere already, but I just checked the PTS (the PillBox is amazing btw) and there is still what I think is a bug with the Cortium nodes sizes. There are clearly 4x crystal sizes but we get the following values: 2k - 6k - 6k - 35k. Based on the apparent shapes, I believe it should be something like 2k - 6k - 15k - 35k.

Thanks,

Kao
    • Up x 1
  16. DDShadow

i've built many bases on all 3 factions, 2 on emerald and 1 on connery, my tr account has most of the base parts unlocked except for the flag and limber fiber skin on the walls, I feel they need to revamp the bunkers, i mean they look fantastic but functionality is almost zero for any of the bases i build if they could make it more straight instead of a slant so i could integrate walls with it.
  17. Pacster3

We just lost a huge base to a single tower(seems like infiltrators can hack them). Now that is really crap...
  18. DobryiPupok

DDShadow,
    I agree. Bunker design and idea is nice, but in real game it's almost useless. It's not comfortable to placing it. An I'm not using it in 99,9% of my bases. I think, bunker must have a cubic form, to fit walls, towers etc.
  19. Kaomie

The main issue with bunkers is their windows are too few and too close to the ground, so they hardly provide any good angles to target incoming armor or infantry which would be their intended use.

Also their sides are slanted so infantry can scale them pretty easily, hence they are no use in building the perimeter either. Usually you face the door into your base and then more often than not this is actually used by enemies to get cover and shoot inside...

They are the only construct I never use by default. If I really have time and Cortium to waste I use them only randomly in narrow valleys to delay some armor going through and as ESF landing pads :)

Basically the upcoming PillBox is what bunkers should have been to begin with.

Kao
  20. Who Garou

I didn't say "on top", I said near.

But, as bases sprawl, people that weren't there when the cortium was mined are bound to put construction times on top of cortium spawn points near by.

Neither negates the fact that there are flat areas around some cortium spawns that make it excellent areas for a hive.

Hives do not have to be a 100% efficiency to be productive. In fact, if there is a more efficient hive, then the VP core will move up to that hive instead at any rate - which does not negate having fallback hives ready in case more efficient hives are destroyed - more likely than not, a captured hive will be recaptured or go "free" in 10 minutes if the capturing side doesn't use it quickly enough.