Hey Devs HELP US OUT HERE!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by scoperogue, Jul 25, 2016.

1. scoperogue

• So were on ps4 and the Nc has taken the hole map the map is Koltyr the tr and vs has only their warpgates plz can you reset the map now because we keep on fighting back but they come back with tanks
  2. scoperogue

3. Ximaster

Freedom!!!
  4. The Shady Engineer

As someone who has never played on Koltyr, can the continent actually be locked or do the warpgates just randomly rotate? Also how does one capture a continent with like 6 bases on it? Take over everything but the warpgates or are victory points involved?
  5. Sinful Raevyn

It can't be locked.. it's the noob starter zone. >.<

I also don't think WG's rotate, because the map is so small. People just need to push and learn how to use sunderers properly. <_<

I also doubt Koltyr effects VP's either as it's just astarter zone.

As for OP... Why not just leave Koltyr? There are better and more meaningful fights on other continents. You will learn more from actual gameplay on the bigger maps rather than anything you get on Koltyr. I wasted 15 levels in Koltyr and once I got out, I had a lot of adjusting to get used to because of the different things you're exposed to in the real combat areas.

Otherwise... grab your own tanks and sunderers and push them back. Eventually you will see the blue shrink.
    • Up x 1
  6. D4rk50ul

NC has a massive population on PS4, it's some times hard to win even with a massive skill advantage. Roll onto the next base with mass sundies and make sure you have a team dedicated to anti armor. If you are TR grab the striker rocket launcher and try to keep their vehicle counts low while defending your spawn points.

Most new players will just run towards the infantry, be the guy who takes out their reinforcing points so you can funnel them into their spawn and let the lemmings do what they do.
  7. JKomm

Is this where all the competent NC have gone? Here on PC I have to work with some of the stupidest players in the existence of online gaming. Regardless, this seems more like a learning opportunity than a problem, if you can't learn to get out of the warpgate on Koltyr, how are you expected to do this on the real continents where this can absolutely still happen? Organize your faction and push out, coordinate air, ground, and.... well was going to say sea, but that's not in the game, so air again!

The developers cannot be expected to resolve an issue that isn't an issue, in fact it's part of the game, locking a faction to their warpgate is an extreme strategy that rarely works but when it does it can shut them down for a good few hours. As I said, coordination wins here... a reset wont fix this, if it happened once and you couldn't stop it, it can happen again.
  8. Arkserion

Unfortunately the devs can not help you, but a good outfit will. Most ps4 players are active on the PS2onPS4 reddit so go there and ask to join an outfit. If you do not want to join one, at least ask for some advice to help make your game experience a little less frustrating.
  9. FailureOfEngineering

You do realize scoperogue is talking about Koltyr, right? You know, the continent the game throws you into after the ragtag tutorial. I'm not saying that what you're suggesting is wrong, I'm saying that people who just got dropped into the game and play with others who are just as clueless are not going to organize a co ordinated push against what I can only imagine was overwhelming numbers amplified by tanks and such.

Also unless anything had changed since November of last year, Koltyr can be locked the same way as any other continent. There's no warpgate rotation, everyone is just told to get out.
  10. Sinful Raevyn

Well obviously NC are making coordinated pushes... so... Vanu and TR can do the same. I played Koltyr. I've been on winning and losing sides...

Once I figured out what sunderers were for, it made things better for me and my teammates. If I can pick up on it, newbs can too.

And no, Koltyr can't be locked. It's the starter zone... To lock it means anyone logging in would instantly die over and over. A quick google search shows that any "locks" in the past were the result of a bug and have long since been patched. You only get locked out after dying at 15.
  11. FailureOfEngineering

No offense but lol at coordinated pushes in Koltyr. My guess is the NC had insane overpop on the continent when the warpgating happened. You're lucky that your Koltyr experience was a back and forth even fight, my first day on the starter continent was more close to what scoperogue described in this thread.

TL;DR is Koltyr has no population balance and the night I chose to try out Planetside had an overabundance of blueberries. Like 68% NC continent pop. Not low pop skewing the stats either. The Republic had 2 active squads, the one I was in which was full and another squad trying to communicate with us via /yell chat (ah the newb days) and about a squad and a half worth of lone wolf pubbies. All that loyal red population accounted for only 17% of the population on the continent.

Long story short VS were warpgated when I logged in, whatever forces the Republic could muster were holed up in our tech plant, which was the only base on the continent not painted blue. We defended the plant for about an hour or so, moved on to attack the next base but couldn't flip any points because we were getting back capped and since we were all new guys we had no idea what was happening and thought us not being able to flip points was a bug. 7 minutes later we lost the tech plant and NC locked the continent. VS never broke out of their warpgate. I wonder how many of the new guys who chose Vanu that night returned to continue to play the next day.

Final point, yes Koltyr can be locked. It locked me out on the first day I played this game. "This continent has been captured by the combined might of the Blueberry Collective"," Press U to redeploy", the whole shabang. That was a while ago though so a more recent example would be when the construction system launched.

When construction went live, there was a bug that allowed everyone to see Koltyr in the selectable continents browser. You couldn't spawn into it but you could see things like population numbers and bases controlled and such. Emerald was also full. We had such an influx of new players there had to be multiple Koltyrs open. I think the most I've seen was 5 Koltyrs on a Saturday. Here's the fun part, every now and then one of the Koltyrs was locked down by a faction. Sometimes even 2 Koltyrs were locked. Anyone who played during that time knows what I'm talking about.
  12. Toxicate

Wait, what? People actually play this game on PS4?