My class is medic????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ximaster, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ximaster

On major mmorpgs,thinking now,i dont know why,but i usually have healers at high end lvls,my first toon to arrive at high end lvls on a mmorpg was two,priest on Tera and Tempest of Set on age of Conan.

Maybe the comparison sounds crazy,but seems that i like to help my teammates. Also first toon i played on a mmorpg was paladin on Lineage 2.

Im not thought this after now thinking my historial of games played,in all i usually play a healer,also on Battlefield series i like to ressurrect my teammates.

Maybe my class on Planetside 2 gonna be medic after all...ive played infiltrator and HA a little,but didnt pay attention to medic.

I played medic on Planetside 2 too,at my starts on 2013 but then i was not have a good computer,so i stop playing ps2. One year ago,ive build a new computer,its not good but done for play Planetside 2 with minimal graphics.

When one year ago i restart playing,i visit forums and read a comment about stalkers. -We need more stalkers recruits- and ive had curiosity about the class. I enjoyed a little my Vanu stalker,but only at lvl 40.

Now im not going to play again,at least on PC. Im waiting to the Xbox One versión of the game. And i will start as medic,knowing my game historial. I make this comparison caused i only play shooters and mmorpgs.

If u dont like the post just dont comment. And if u like the post i accept crítics and comments,but dont be reta** please.
  2. Ximaster

Oh and i forgot,what do u think about a SMG medic???
  3. Joexer

Medic is a great class, I main medic.

Why throw away all the advantages of having an Assualt Rifle? AR is litterally better all around except MAYBE at CQC.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ximaster

Yeah,SMGs excels at cqc and also is a weapon usable by all classes. I thought to pick the Gauss rifle S with smoke launcher and thermal sight either,u dont have an idea of how much advantages offers this mix,u should try it.
  5. 1Tap2Tap

Many underestimate the fact that the class is called not simply Medic, but Combat Medic.

Medics can carry the (arguably) best weapon class in the game and have the second best survivability in a gunfight after Heavy Assaults and have the biggest xp/min potential through mass revives.

Pro cert farming tip: Cert into Grenade Bandolier and Res Grenades, join big fights where you can stand in the back, revive planetmans and/or simply shoot stuff with your superior weapon at mid ranges.

Also, if you think a group of Heavies is bad, I invite you to do some research on the phenomenon called "Medic Ball".
    Let´s all appreciate that this tactic doesn´t get abused more. ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. Ximaster

Wow,i dont had any idea of much effective are the ARs...

Oh and already know that the class is named combat medic,but for understand quick i type medic only.
  7. Joexer

I have all AR's and SMGs on TR and I played all of them. Even on medic. my point is that the cqc AR's out-cqc the smgs, And yes i have run the smoke and thermals, its very underwhelming . Honestly smoke is better for covering once you throw a rez grenade
    • Up x 1
  8. Ximaster

What about scout rifles??? U tryed AMR-66 on ur TR medic???? Those weapons can equip smoke and thermals too...
  9. Ximaster

Sorry i mean battle rifles. Also thinking now,if i want to be better at cqc i should pick a shotgun...yes,less the infiltrators,i can equip the shotgun on other normal clases.
  10. 1Tap2Tap

Battle Rifles are in a sorry state since years and only get used by people not knowing any better.

The effective range for most buckshot (aka CQC) shotguns is about 10m max which even in base fights is really short.
    If you encounter anyone out of 10m, prepare to get easily pasted as many of your pellets will miss due to spread and COF and the ones hitting will do laughable damage.

Trust me and the other posters in this thread, if you want to go CQC medic, as a standard rule, grab the Assault Rifle with the highest DPS your faction can access, slap an Advanced Laser Sight and Soft Point Ammo on it and go to town hipfiring.
    Not even SMGs are as good in CQC as the CQC ARs.
    Same, sometimes even higher DPS, same excellent hipfire stats, but less damage drop off and higher bullet velocity.
    Seriously, if Infils could get their hands on ARs, you would never see an SMG Infil again.

In the case you meet someone out of say 15m, you can easily ADS in a pinch with your CQC AR at mid range which is simply futile with a shotgun due to the inherent mechanics of the weapon class.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ximaster

People said that with Carnage AR u feel like cheating...
  12. Ximaster

Also,should the NS Barón paired with NS Blackhand be a good mix for medic???
  13. FeralBoy

ToS is still OP. Lets nerf it again. All the way from PS2. :D

The Baron isn't too bad for defending or attacking control points but as others have already pointed out the Assault Rifles are absolutely amazing. Only if I was working on Auraxium Directives for other weapons would I not use an AR on a medic.
  14. FieldMarshall

I would stick to ARs as a medic. Its arguably the best weapon class in the game, especially as TR/NC.

Also, a tip on (medic) suit slots. Even more relevant if you are kinda new:
    I use Flak armor on my Medic. It allows me to survive those frustrating and unavoidable one-hit kill explosions.
    And when you are with a group of friendlies and everyone dies to a big explosion, you are the only one who survives (because of flak) and can revive everyone.

It may just be me, but i have been using flak on everything for like a year now and whenever i take it off i instantly regret it.
    I dont really notice much difference in 1v1s when i use nanoweave.
    When i live i would have lived without nanoweave, and when i die the nanoweave wouldnt have helped (most of the times)
    But i definitely notice a difference when i use flak and survive C4, random grenades or even enemy air/vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ximaster

I take on present the flak armor,but my idea is to pick the adv.shield capacitor,c4s,revive grandes and group health regen. Im thinking to pick the Equinox VE2 as an assault rifle for Vanu,the thermal sight and smoke luncher makes very good mix and the Vanu looks are cool.
  16. AtckAtck

Being medic in this game has a lot of positive aspects, I played medic a lot and probably will again after having auraxed all the other classes too.

- The medic assault rifles are plain and simple the best infantry weapons in this game.
    - The medic is the only class that can permanently run fine without a reg implant or medkits, due to selfheal. So you can comfortably take c4 with you. The shield bubble is nice,
    - but the aoe heal is just the best and nearly similar to a heavy assaults shield.
    - You will make a lot of certs with the combination of killing and reviving, no other class will accumulate certs as fast as the medic.
    - Another positive point is, you can safely gun down the derp teammate jumping in front of you, make your intended enemy kill and then revive him.

- This brings me to the only 2 negative points, you will often die because you have the revive tool in hand and not your gun. Your teammates will never cover you, but still expect to run into certain death to save their k/d.
    - You will almost constantly weapon swap, if you play it right.
    Don't be the usual derp medic, don't run around with your medic tool in hand. Don't do revives under enemy fire, don't do chain revives. Don't use revive grenades, reviving ppl half dead in an enemy filled room serves no purpose. If you cannot revive personally, then don't.
    Cert your med tool up! It's cheap and makes reviving so much faster that you can revive players while in full movement without stopping at max rank.
  17. Ximaster

Good to know those tips,far time ago,at my starts on PC PS2,i played NC medic,then on his time,i picked the Gauss rifle burst that costs less than 500 certs (now the things changed a little) ive did some kills,but i cant play due a bad computer with lag spikes. I dont remember much about my gameplay of the medic,but i usually make quick revives under enemy fire and thats a bad idea. So,when the game comes to Xbox One (maybe one day of those) i will put attention to the battlefield while using my medic.

Edit: I will pick the TR medic,their ARs are better and have more ammo per magazine.
  18. Eternaloptimist

I main Medic now and it is a great combat class as well as getting the big certs from healing and rezzing. I tend to think of the combat first, but rezzing or healing guys around me as needed. I don't spend a lot of time running about looking for people to heal instead of looking at the enemy - that is a good way to get killed quickly. And a dead Medic is no good to anyone.

I have a CQC assault rifle with high rate of fire and a burst assault rifle, for super accurate long range shooting. But you can get ARs that have a general purpose role. My selections are:
    • VS - H-V45 and Equinox Burst
    • TR - TORQ9 and SABR13
    • NC - GR22S and Gauss Rifle Burst
    I run nanoweave armour because of being in the front line so much but flak is a good choice too. This means I can only carry one rezz 'nade so I have to choose when to use it to best effect. But if my team is spawn camped I get millions of xp by chucking rezz 'nades out of the spawn room and re-supplying all the time, until my boys have broken out and I can join them in the push back.

I have the battle hardened implant. My other classes have regen but I have maxed out the nano regen device on my Medics instead. It has helped me to survive longer in combat a lot, as well as healing others. Not the same as the HA overshield but still good.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ximaster

U forgot the T1B Cycler,which is a burst rifle too,burst rifles are very good on every faction,but the TR one have more ammo per magazine than the equivalents. I will pick this at my start on Xbox One,assuming that the game launches on this consolé any day.
  20. IceMobsterrr

Group of HAs with some medics is definitely worse than Medic ball. I wish there were more medic balls, would get up kills on my viper and zepher more easily.
    Medic ball is a joke.

As for the OP, just take CyclerTRV and wreck anything in CQC. Amr66 is also cool (at least imo) despite what some people say. It sucks at its intended medium-longer ranges purpose, though.