Infiltrator Recon Dart/Motion Spotting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Riksos, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Riksos

Hey I don't know if this belongs in the bug forum or not so I was hoping for some clarity on how these things work.

I have not gotten a single "Spotting" bonus for using the darts and think it may be broken, but the motion spotter which you drop on the ground seems to give me them SOMETIMES. I will use Q spot (R1 spot for PS4) for the dorito on people and watch them die afterward without receiving a "spotting bonus" also. It seems to work sometimes but not others, and many times it has not worked on targets who I KNOW I'm the only one who spotted (IE inflitrator uncloaks and runs out of a room, I spot, he dies outside, I do not receive a spotting bonus)

Has this been changed? I have been playing for 3 years or so on and off and remember spotting bonuses working on PC, but have since changed to PS4.

Again, I receive ZERO spotting bonuses for using the dart. Is this intended?
  2. Riksos

Does nobody know if you are supposed to receive spotting bonuses for infiltrator darts?

EDIT: Wiki says they are but the wiki might be out-dated. It says 10 xp for each unit killed while under the recon dart. This is making it pretty difficult to do the Spotting directive when the darts don't count toward it on my account.
  3. Dieter Perras

it may be do to having another player spot that target before you did or having another infiltrator with motion darts, motion spotter or even a vehicle with scout radar. The game can't give everyone in the area the bonus.
  4. Riksos

But the DARTS are supposed to give bonuses? I mentioned in my post that there were players I knew I was the first and only one spotting and still missed the bonus. I guess my account is bugged. I had this problem with Deployed Sunderer Kills being tracked as well and it was fixed in the most recent patch. I cannot complete certain directives because I am unable to get certain bonuses.
  5. LaughingDead

If they step out of the radius (which starts out small) then you don't get the bonus.
    If they are spotted by an ally and walk out, you don't get the bonus.
    Generally if they see a motion spotter on their map, they leave post haste because they do not want to be spotted for obvious reasons.
  6. Eternaloptimist

IIRC they give bonus for someone killed after being spotted by them within a certain amount of time.......but only if not spotted by a higher rank spotter.

There have been a small number of complaints about things not working consistently since the last patch so it could be a bug, from memory they include:
    • claymores not always doing damage
    • unable to enter phalanx turret
    • C4 not doing damage
    I also noticed recently that my rezz 'nades fail to detonate occasionally.
  7. Kubin

To clarify:

Spotting bonus is for spotting (Default: Q) alone. Darts and motion spotters are counted towards RECKON ribbons. Dunno how about scout radar, though.
  8. Eternaloptimist

Good point. Maybe that is the confusion but if OP is not getting recon bonus then I guess he either has a bug or is sh** outta luck with his placements. I find it almost impossible not to get recon xp with max rank darts.
  9. Riksos

Yeah I am aware it counts toward Recon Ribbons. I BR 62 on this account and only have like 2 or 3 recon ribbons, and this is with standing on ammo packs and spamming darts. It hasn't been working since I was pre-level 15 I think. I hope I don't have to wait until next patch for my account to un-bug like I had to with the Deployed AMS directive.
  10. FieldMarshall

If you mean spotting credit for the directive, then only Q spotting works.

If you mean you're not getting xp for sensors/darts then its probably because you havent certed it to max rank.
    If you (for example) have a lvl1 sensor next to a friendly lvl2 sensor, then only the player with the lvl2 sensor gets recon xp/credit.
    I guess you always get xp when your sensor/dart is at max rank. At least i always get xp from mine.
    (its the same for ammopacks if anyone was wondering)

(I didnt read the entire thread so it may already have been answered.)
  11. Riksos

I have plenty of certs to spare so I guess I could try that. There are many times as noted in the thread (I know you said you didn't read) where I have Q spotted or dart spotted characters whom I know I am the only one to spot, watched them die, and not gotten the spot bonus.

If I recon dart someone, and then someone else Q spots them and they die, do I get a spot bonus for the dart since it applied first? Or does an allies Q spot override my dart spot?