for the love of god, stop changing my spawn point

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by onigw2, Jul 17, 2016.

1. onigw2

Why does it keep trying to change where i spawn if I didnt tell it to and if my previous spawn is still fine?
    • Up x 3
  2. Shadiez

I have this issue also.
    • Up x 1
  3. Riksos

I sure do love flying across the map to that big 96+ vs 96+ battle only to die once and respawn on the opposite side of the map on a base who has 1 person ghost capping.
    • Up x 4
  4. Purpoleon Dynamite

Agreed. Biggest "bug" or poor design complaint I have currently. Very frustrating.
    • Up x 2
  5. Azawarau

Its annoying but you have time between spawns to make sure that doesnt happen

It tells you where it plans to spawn you as well

Just look at the map
  6. The Rogue Wolf

It's getting entirely out of hand.

[IMG]

The blue arrow points out where I died; the red arrow points out where the game would have automatically spawned me. SEVEN HEXES AWAY. The game is constantly trying to pull me out of a big fight and stick me somewhere where there MIGHT be a total of SIX PEOPLE.
    • Up x 1
  7. JKomm

This isn't a bug, the way the system is intended to work is help break up massive zergs so you don't get maybe 1-3 fights per continent, you end up with several all over, obviously it does a poor job doing this but at least it's intentions are good. Big fights are nice, but we end up with the rest of the continent having nothing but ghost caps.
  8. Yaesu

Eager to get back in it. Spawn. GO! WAhhhhh. Where the hell am I?! Open map. GRRRRRRR! Yep.
    • Up x 1
  9. Riksos

I think this is a fair assessment, and I think users complaining here are just trying to draw attention to it so a change is made. I think the game is more fun with multiple 48+ than 1 or 2 96+ battles, but I don't think pulling soldiers from hot zones to fight 1 or 2 enemies ghost capping is a good way to realize that dream.
  10. SpeedFreakPS1

Or how about instant action fizzle ?
    You hit instant action, it shows a hot spot that looks ripe with a good fight, the countdown reaches 0 then nothing, nothing at all.
    Try it again, the same happens.
  11. DrakeFang

Something I learned a long time ago is that auto-spawn is not your friend. Ever.

Always take the extra couple seconds to choose your spawn. It saves you time in the long run.
    • Up x 3
  12. DrostenVS

That annoys me, especially when I change my respawn back to where I want it and it still sends me to the wrong place. Just want to add that it sends me to the correct place first and before I can leave the tube, it warps me to the other place.

Also don't like when I switch to MAX and then sometimes enter a terminal to quick refill ammo and it has changed the selected class to be something other than MAX (I tend to just hit 'E' twice on terminals, expecting it to not change on its own). Doesn't happen all the time, so I'm not entirely sure what causes it.
  13. The Rogue Wolf

Except that it's putting me in hexes with no enemies. It's putting me in hexes with NO ADJACENT ENEMY TERRITORY.

How about it just lets me stay where I want to be, and let me decide what fights are worth my time?
    • Up x 1
  14. then00b

It's a subliminal message, they want you to stop playing so they can end the servers without a fuss.
  15. Eternaloptimist

This weekend I died and forgot to check where it was telling me I was going to spawn unitl I pressed the button and thought "er neur". Didn't matter because I ended up on a different continent rather than where it said I was being sent.

Tbh this is just about paying attention to where you're going to respawn before pushing the button. As I play engie or medic (with an occasional sideline in sniping) the bigger irritation for me is regularly respawning as HA...................(yeah, I know that is meant to happen).

Other than that, has anyone noticed the number of deploy options you get on Hossin with no enemies present (or in neigbouring hex)?
  16. FriendlyPS4

Sometimes even pulling a Sundy won't work. Game will spawn you away from your Sundy. Like WHY?!

PS1 had a way where you can manually save a spawn spot at any base and any Sundy. Why its not in PS2. Sigh.
  17. Archard

I'm eventually going lose it and start to tank mine the lone ghost cap Sundies the game loves to drop me at.

I have never encountered a more Anti-Player spawn system in any other game.
    • Up x 1
  18. sovietwarbear NL

is old vid but its stil in game 10 jul. 2015
    you go from def base to ghost capping base

19. Sil4ntChaozz

In my old game dust514, in Ambush, spawnndie, TDM, if you hit the 'Smart Deploy' (the irony) it would literally spawn you into the giant cluster of enemies and you were dead in less then a second. Usually the spawns in ambush worked that way, dumping the clustercleaves of enemies right next to each other with no cover, in an open field, and whoever had the most area denial OP weapons and enough grenades usually won.

16v16 whoever clustercleaves the fastest usually won or lost. And if you flanked you were guaranteed hatemail. The hope was some guy luckily spawns far away enough from the action to lay uplinks (player spawns) and don't have him not have put uplinks on his suit OR have the cluster find the usually horribly placed link, not destroy it, and farm it. Cause 'Smart Deploy' if there's one uplink left, THATs where you spawn.

Map was already chosen so unless you left the battle or your team steamrolled theirs the fastest it was a guaranteed farmfest. Which is why I never played ambush once I figured out how bad it was. Which is why i will never recover from or use 'Smart Deploy' or 'Instant Action.' So i tested it and when i found ghost capping instead of relentless violation i found peace. Check your spawns.
  20. Call-Me-Kenneth

this has always been annoying, it used to happen from time to time, but now its ALL the time. i get the feeling they are doing it on purpose to steer people way from lopsided fights. if that's so, then NO. bad DBG. bad. deal with this issue in some other way.