Population Imbalance Miller Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Jul 14, 2016.

1. BorgUK1of9

Miller is suffering with a consistently low VS pop at peak time, 28% to 30% v TR on 36% and NC on 36%.

This is an issue that PS1 had when a particular empire was unbalanced to play, VS, TR and NC all took turns as the devs sought to seek balance with a fixed weapon set.

1. Have the pops dropped off a lot since the construction hype ?
    2. Are people moving to TR and NC ?
    3. Are VS players just more likely to stop playing ?
    4. What are the peak pops like on the other servers.

I find myself now playing less as being ganged isn't fun, a large steam library just means I go play something that is, I am sure I wont be the only one. This will also contribute to the imbalance.

Is it time for a server merge ?
    • Up x 1
  2. crazzyden85

Who care what VS players drop the game ? Most important what TR overpop 80% of time .
    Im hear last 2 years only @Vanu OP , Nerf nerf nerf nerf@ .

Enjoy Two faction game now .
  3. The Shady Engineer

Emerald prime time is usually equal pop across factions with a slight bias towards NC. Like 35%. Not so long ago we also had TR overpop reaching up to 42% once in prime. Interestingly enough, late night usually sees a VS overpop. 37+ percent. Go figure.

To be fair Vanu were stupid OP before the multiple nerfs they got. Hell, the only time I remember seeing consistent VS world overpop was during the broken af ZOE days. Did the nerfs go to far? I think so yeah, but they were necessary nonetheless.
  4. zaspacer

Server merge is when Total Pop is too low. Not when Faction Pop is too low.

Perhaps you want to lobby for Server Transfers, or just he ability to log any Character onto any Server.

A solution that would directly address boosting the Low Pop Faction's numbers, is adding NS Mercs to the game. This has been talked about for a long time and lots of people have said they liked the idea on the Player Community side. It would allow for Players to play as NS Mercs that would only be playable on the Underpop Faciton teams, thereby boosting the Pop Numbers for those low pop Faction(s).
  5. Diggsano

In Fact, the European Servers are flooded with Russians now because DBG had no money left for the existing server.....

Russians are more likely to join TR because of their culture (they can't do something against)

Also the VS is constantly nerfed since Planetside has the DBG Tag on it....

Also even in my opinion it is better to show the devs that hey do something wrong by absolutely leaving the VS and just left a empty faction so they finally realise that they should have taken some changes to VS.

Sad story.
  6. oTec

On cobalt, the vanu also have less population, doesn't stop them from stomping both tr and nc >.<. I've seen them regularly win both continents in a row with global pop of 30-35-35 pop VS/TR/NC.
    • Up x 1
  7. 0fly0

Not to be a ***** but i fell like 30 35 35 is a pretty balance pop, those day when i log in it's more 27 42 31, yesterday it was 46% TR pop, outfit like ZERG RUSS really make the dream come true and make me almost want to play against PL13...
  8. crazzyden85

9. oTec

Yeah currently it's 27/36/37 VS/TR/NC, so it's time for me to join VS i guess ;D
  10. BorgUK1of9

Devs clearly we have a pop imbalance issue you need to address, it will cause people to leave the game for the empire affected and playing on Cobalt last night its not just Miller that VS has a pop problem.

The question is why has VS got the lower pop, what have you done to cause it.
  11. Lemposs

Oh for ***** sake... This happens on a freaking yearly basis over the different servers, DBG isn't going to do **** about it, and even if they did it likely wouldn't change anything. Ride it out like we all have before, it will change sooner or later.
    Or at least take a pro active role in trying to get people over to your side, instead of crying to mommy that the other kids won't play with you.
  12. ridicOne

A loaded question from someone who's been around since alpha. It's across the board Vanu has low pop.

People in general aren't too smart, but over time people can learn and become intelligent about what they want to learn.

What distinguishes Vanu anymore? The middle ground is never a place you want to live in, in any game. If you do live in the middle of it all you should be given some sort of offset.

Overtime this game has evolved into spam or high damage being king.

People will come and complain about it being fair but the population numbers don't lie. Vanu is the dieing faction across most to all servers.

Nerf to Vanu. Does it even matter anymore?
    • Up x 1
  13. \m/SLAYER\m/

so overall suggestion is buff Vanu into OP faction, because no one want to play with balanced weapons... any reasons why most frustrating faction always has good pop, and no matter what, keep losing alerts.
  14. Mefi

Until the devs implement proper game mechanics to balance populations, this problem will always be a thing.
    And that pop control bandaid fix or buffing/nerfing factions don't count as good measures.

Miller VS has more active players than TR: http://poonanners.com/poo/#/ActivePlayers?world=10&date=20160705
    Nerfing or buffing factions would just swing overpop pendulum from one faction to another.
    Tightening population limits will outright punish players for investing time into their main character just because they're somehow "guilty" for something they can't control.

I have no idea what should be done to fix the problem, I'd put my bets on Black Ops, but it got canceled.

Let's hope this pop issue will not snowball into what it was in 2013 with 40% TR world pop (when they btw had fewer players too).
  15. FieldMarshall

Wont the recently added faction population queues fix that, unless there is less than 150 people on the continent?

Currently on Miller, VS has 28% (TR 37% NC 34%) world pop.
    But on the primary continent Esamir they have 32% (NC 34% TR 33%), so its balanced even though world pop isnt.
    The secondary continent (currently Hossin) is usually imbalanced though.

Personally i play all the factions, but VS the least.
    Not because they suck but because whenever i play (or play against) VS on Miller, there is always obnoxious people in the chat (mostly dig).
    It seems like there is taunting, complaining or circlejerking almost every fight.
  16. blackboemmel

^^atm on Cobalt/ESAMIR the VS gets a 27% XP boost. seems legit.
  17. ridicOne

Frankly, I don't want buffs or nerfs because they have never had good implementations. From seeing how it's worked out in the past, it's not been a good construct way of dealing with the complaints.

They need to figure out how or what might fix the issue. Vanu is not in the best of spots and in a game of three different factions you won't ever find BALANCE. Balance is a horrible word to use in a three faction pvp game unless all factions are identical.

The Maggie got a Saron at launch to balance the power of the MBT's. People complained and TR got there LR secondary. I don't think the GK in itself is OP I think combined at stupid ranges with the primary there's issues. I would love to see NC get a LR ES secondary. Oh the tears would be loud.

The problem is they tried to balance a game that you can't really balance and the middle faction in the process got the short end of the stick.

I'm not Vanu positive, I'm planetside 2 postive which means I give the benefit to the doubt to all factions. This is my observation of the game at this point in time and the pendulum swung from? VS to TR that's fine. But the question that needs to be addressed is how not to piss off the people that are still playing the game today.
  18. blackboemmel

Sounds like the devs need to stomp Vanus weaponry a little bit. :D