Move the "Spawn As" menu back down!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Voodoo4500, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Voodoo4500

Move the "Spawn As" menu back down near the Deploy button!!!! Who's the idiot who decided to change this???????????????
    • Up x 4
  2. iPervy

Yes this, I knew something was off when I was trying to change classes while redeploying. Loved that they added a very niffy medic revive countdown, but having that replace the "spawn as" makes things much less efficient.
  3. Rostklump

Yes a very bad decision. Guess they though something like "Players often click these two one after another lets put them far apart to annoy the players, that will make more people play our game."
  4. Okaydan

I'm indifferent to it. I like a change of pace, but sometimes I look for the class choice and can't find it. At least you'll be forced to look for it for a while, making you more conscious of your class choice ;)
  5. IceMobsterrr

The change was done for the sake of changing something. If it works, don't fu**ing change it, ffs.
  6. Stormsinger

As a developer: When users have a good design that they like, don't change things for the sake of changing them! No matter how good you think it looks, people will prefer their familiarity over your personal preference as to where a menu option is. Unless there is a vital design fix that requires redoing the entire interface, leave things where they are, or change things in small steps when possible.

As a developer using tools from other developers: Microsoft changes things all the freaking time - Windows 8, MS office, the Visual Studio interface - I couldn't even begin to express how many hours have been lost to finding that one freaking option that was moved to another menu entirely after being in the same place for the previous n versions.

This logic extends to game interface design as well, especially something as fast paced as a FPS. The UI should be planned and implemented carefully, then etched into permanence. When adding new features - put them in places where there AREN'T other things, don't replace existing things with new things that the user / player then has to go hunt for. Having to do this just irritates users, making them belligerent to the new features, which in turn produces floods of negative feedback.

Just a few random thoughts.