[Suggestion] Let Infiltrator be able to hack empty Tanks

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Chris96, May 31, 2016.

1. Chris96

Hello everybody,

While every class has a possibillity to kill Tanks the infiltrator misses such a skill.
    Do you maybe know the moment when u snipe a tankdriver and you have to leave the tank.

But what about if you can overload a tank where is no driver inside and you can overload it like a shild generator in a base?
    This would give the infiltrator a better chance to act like an iniltrator should do: Cause trouble in the backlines.

And if theres a timer for the overloaded tank another guy of the tanks faction could save it.
    Of course if the timer runs out the tank should be destroyed.
    In my opinion this would be a fair upgrade for the infiltrator class.

What do you think about that?

Greetings.
  2. Rikkit

There is already a tech demo for vehicle hacking.
    Just wait some other Months, and listen to Reddit...
    They may anounce it there, when they're working on it again.
    The Idea was scheduled to sometime after Construction System, and as it seems the ESF balance pass.
    If you're interested in that Demo-video, just look for the video revealing the NS-fullaouto pistol
  3. Thon GLover

sounds like a good idea.
  4. PanzerGoddess

I do like this idea, rather see some form of vehicle hacking in this manner than hacking one to be operational to said infiltrator.

"Cause trouble in the backlines." sadly this wouldn't do much on that fact, if your in the backlines....unless your doing something that causes real disruption, its just one vehicle in the back nine which does nothing for any faction moving forward. I love the idea, sure be fun tool to use to troll people.

Find more effective ways to cause trouble by hacking terminals and turrets in the back field. Or being a forward infiltrator that has a base hacked and ready to go in push forward. Have it hacked, sundy pulled ready to deploy from the minute a base goes up. As well turret hacking can cause vehicle delays in the backfield.
  5. _itg

Well, you've eliminated one vehicle by hacking it, and if you're in the back of the line, you should be able to reliably take out at least one more tank before they figure out what's going on and kill you. Plus, if you manage to escape with an off-faction MBT, that would have to be useful for ambushes. I'd say that's sufficient disruption for one player's efforts.
  6. Moz

"soon"
  7. CzBuCHi

Nice! Maybe even allow other player from your squad/platon to drive it (and find yourself another one :)
  8. FeralBoy

What made vehicle hacking, even manned vehicle hacking, not imbalanced in PS1 was that vehicles required certifications to pilot them. So if you hacked any vehicle you were not certified to drive you simply couldn't drive it. But it was now available faction wide to any pilot who did have the right vehicle certifications.

As much as I would like for it to happen I am not sure being able to hack manned vehicles is a good idea for PS2. Since there are no longer vehicle certifications required to pilot them anymore it would seem far too powerful of a tool to be left in the hands of any one class. Especially given the high nanite investment on many vehicles.

Unmanned vehicles? Fair game.
    • Up x 1
  9. chuck105

Tanks, like all other vehicles (except sunderers and galaxies) have a 4 min despawn timer. I'm not sure what the point of overloading a tank is, with say even a 1 min timer. If someone leaves their tank to go fight inside the base, it's basically discarded. Do you really need the ability to kill every discarded vehicle outside a base? You could just go LA and take them out 1 by 1.

My problem with vehicle hacking in general is that it's not the same as c4, which costs nanites and you only have 1 or 2 kills before resupplying. A single infiltrator can hack every terminal and turret in a base, and there can be a lot of them! Why is that enough, now you want the ability to singlehandedly disrupt/kill entire vehicle convoys by yourself?