[Suggestion] Longer range nc max weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newlife1025, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Newlife1025

The other day, i saw a was in a fight against some annoying mosquitoes that kept harassing our sunderer. After i took care of them, two prowlers came and blew it up anyway. I hid behind a rock until they left (one max vs two prowlers= death) When i git out though, i got attacked by infiltrators. Due to my shotgun arm and pellet spray, i was unable to hit them from medium range. I only got small hit markers. I knew where one was, but due to my range i couldnt hit him (he was sniping from some rocks). The other infiltrator had an smg and was keeping their distance. I was killed within minutes due to the fact that i couldn't even hurt them. In conclusion, i think nc should have other max weapon options so that were not handicapped in medium-slightly long battles.
  2. Mefi

Mattocks, Gorgon, Mattocks/Scatter Cannon with Slugs.

Poverty midrange NC MAX requires 1300 certs to unlock 1x Mattock, slugs for it and for the default AI gun.
  3. Blackomen

No, NC maxes are already "gods" at short range, and with slugs damn good at medium range. They have to have SOME weakness, and that's long range. NC max beats every other max blindfolded indoors.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kristan

You already got Gorgons for that! Shut up, get out! :mad:
    • Up x 1
  5. Azawarau

Every mac is a god at short range

Its more like NC max is good at taking out other max suits and no better at killing infantry other than medium ranges where they stink
  6. Kristan

Also the fact that you got lured to the mid range by an infiltrator that used SMG which has short ammo capacity, range and damage, especially for MAX unit means that you're a stubborn greenhorn who wanted an easy kill instead of disengaging, finding cover and get the enemy to the closer range.

Git gud.
    • Up x 1
  7. Erendil

^^^ This. ^^^

Ravens are also decent at medium range AI.

However, the big question that comes to my mind when reading the OP is: "Where is your support?"

Many players think that jumping into a MAX suit should automatically make them a lonewolf AI God on the battlefield. It doesn't.

In an outdoor AI fight, lack of range is a big handicap of most MAX setups. That's an intentional weakness of the Class. If you're in a MAX suit, and you're outside, don't go it alone. Stay near friendly infantry who are armed with medium/long range weapons. Let them take out the targets that are far away, and provide you with ammo and repairs, while you protect them from dangers that get close.

A MAX that runs with infantry support is WAY more dangerous than one that goes it alone.
  8. guerrillaman

I never leave the main battle in my NC max. A big target gets attention.
  9. Caramboul

And that´s good. Often if i play my MAX suit i want to get attention. My team member or even some random player with situational awareness are happy to get a lot of free shots. I am happy to get some repair after it and the knowledge to conquered the needed point.

Especially NC Max suits are having one of the best abilities a MAX can have - The Aegis shield.
    Aegis shield or Charge - most the time Aegis will top every Charge. Full certed shield, of course. Personally i would be very, very cautious to engage two teamed up infils at the same time. Regardless whether it open fields or dense buildings. Two of them are able to play table tennis at will with a MAX. Don´t be arrogant. All classes are lethal if played right.

Pretty often i am hunting down lots of infils with my MAX because of Infiltrators arrogance. Often they believe it would be an easy job to battle a Max. They are so fast and can turn quick and they are using a cloak, big deal. Result is that lots of my kills are from Infils if i play MAX.. True story :D

But two of them and at my own.. hmmm, no. Not a good option. Maybe i would give it a try but only with a full certed Aegis shield, extra magazin and full ammunition.

And as it was wrote before.. Gorgon is a perfect weapon for all MAX suits/factions. Gorgons are the great allrounder to fight Infantry, vehicles and even air. The damage isn´t that great (like all NS weapons) but strong enough to engage all targets. Distance is short up to medium range but even long range is possible if the target is big enough. If you have some random players or teams at you side the Gorgons are an annihilating weapon.

The Gorgon is a pay to play weapon. Real cash. If there is no interest to give real cash you need ravens. The slug option is for Mattocks but not that good for Scatter, Grinder and especially the Hacksaw.

Not to forget is that that the Aegis shield is perfect in interaction with the MAX Nanite Autorepair System.
  10. Steza

Mattocks + extended magazines + slugs are a good way to nail them, pop aegis shield always when reloading as NC max, and make sure you got a engineer and medic buddies around. They will repair and revive and your job is to keep them safe since they are a extension of your life. Could also try Gorgons but I find them to inaccurate to knock a player out compared to the mattocks.
  11. LaughingDead

Doesn't base scatter have better hip fire so the slugs are more accurate than mattocks?
  12. Caramboul

In this case it´s not about accuracy but about muzzle velocity. Gorgons are having 490 m/s and that is fast compared to all NC MAX shootguns. Mattock with 400 m/s but Scatter/Hacksaw with 300 m/s and Grinder even with 275 m/s. That´s good enough for short range down to melee but up to medium range it means shoot and miss the moving target.

Scatter and hacksaw are good because of their pellet spray. Using slugs eleminate this feature but the low 300 m/s will remain.

An edit to my first post here: Gorgons are NOT pay to play, sorry. It´s 1000 certs. Guess it was the black or golden thingy i had in mind. Sorry again.
  13. Azawarau

Am i the only Max user that goes 700+ meters in solo trips to kill things?
  14. Newlife1025

I wasn't lured out. Our fight was already out in the open to start with.
  15. Newlife1025

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure about having engineers around me tho, some just ignore me even when I'm about to die.
  16. Newlife1025

Prowlers killed most, if not all engineers. I was standing with the heavys trying to fend off the planes. Engineers were near sunderer... they got wiled. My shield helped against the planes and their rocket pods (slightly) and everyone else just got picked off. I was sorta alone at the moment.
  17. Liewec123

Ravens turn you into a sniper max, turn your sensitivity way down and you can snipe snipers with pixel accurate precision,
    3 shots and they're dead :)

for mid range if you're good at landing shots dual falcons are a really fun tool, it plays like a heavy using rocket launcher for AI work,
    except unlike heavy we have 42 shots and only a 1 second reload ;)

slug mattocks are "ok" but imho they aren't worth the cert cost of 2xmattocks, 2xextended mags and 2x slug ammo.