[Suggestion] What should be the next Continent to be released?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deathshot, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Deathshot

Well, remember how most of the time the Home Continents were locked down unless a particular neutral continent like say Searhus was captured, it would unlock one of the Home Continents that if captured, would allow for limited access to the other Empire vehicles and gear(for example NC suddenly got access to TR Vehicles like the Proweler or Mosquito).

Bonuses could range from better Resource income to something brand-new, like all Major Bases get proximity radar or automated turrets.
  2. Newlife1025

Anyone else hate hossin? It looks nice and all, but i just dont like playing there
  3. Deathshot

My Outfit has been avoiding Hossin for months now, we can't operate on that continent since it's hard to navigate on such a dense swampy continent, at least the PS1 version was a little more tolerable.
  4. Newlife1025

Same... i avoid it due to how many vehicles I've lost in ditches and how many trees ive crashed with an esf... and its hard to see enemies through all the clumps
  5. Deathshot

Funny how my Outfit has dubbed Hossin as Vietnam because of how harsh the fighting conditions are on that continent. ;)
  6. Tanelorn

HOSSIN desparately needs a revision first. Nobody wants to play there. And it's because THE TERRAIN SUCKS! The original Hossin on PS1 was great. Swamps and forests. Hard for tanks, infantry and light vehicle focus. The way the devs did PS2 Hossin was "Lets carve out ridiculous canyons and mesas for force bottlenecks in front of half the bases and limit everyone's options".

Nobody goes to Hossin. Fix Hossin first.
  7. Deathshot

Wasn't there more open-ground on the PS1 version of Hossin? I remember seeing some large open spaces with no trees in the way and that used to be the focus of armor combat until they got close to the swamps.
  8. Mefi

I'd love to see a continent that utilizes water areas, the game was released almost 4 years ago but water still acts as if it's lava.
    Naval fights could be a refreshing gameplay change.
    • Up x 2
  9. Deathshot

Wouldn't mind seeing that, a while back when Matthew Higby was still creative Director of PS2, there was some concept art of Aircraft Carriers that would eventually be added into the game. So the possibility is still out there.
  10. Newlife1025

I like it... that would be a whole new way to play
  11. Deathshot

This is good, I wonder if RadarX will have a look at this and relay our request for the original PS1 continents to make a come-back onto PS2.
  12. LaughingDead

I want weather effects .w.
    • Up x 1
  13. Deathshot

Well, I brought up the idea during a podcast with Planetside Universe back when the game was still in Beta. Like storms that can toss tanks around if a tornado forms nearby or blizzards that lower the speed of aircraft.
  14. Wreckcenter

How about a small map such as a Space Station? Something without vehicles. The station would just be a large, enclosed base. Unlock the Space Station once an hour, people duke it out for control of station. The victor gains simultaneous access to all congruently connected standard spawns in their territories for the next 20 minutes.
  15. FieldMarshall

Searhus or Cyssor.

Searhus because i think fighting over a massive volcano would be fun to see in PS2.
    And Cyssor because a massive open map with lots of rivers dividing the map with bridges would be interesting.

A larger version of one of the caves would also be kinda fun to see in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shadowomega

Searhus plan and simple, as they have assets for it already in the game as well as teased that there would be caverns combat areas that would be larger version of Ascent and Rashnu Cavern.

As for the Hossin Haters just don't want to take the time to learn a new map.
    • Up x 2
  17. Scatterblak

Maybe they could check the server metrics, and keep four active continents, and roll out the least populated one periodically in exchange for one of the others.
  18. AlterEgo

19. EPIC389

Really would like it for briggs, as only one continent is unlocked at any time which really sucks.
  20. Deathshot

Well like I said folks, we need to make it clear to the Devs that we are interested in more continents because that's the only way to get them to do it. :cool:
    • Up x 2