[Suggestion] Remove ability to use flak when you disable someones weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ClawingBear, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ClawingBear

My galaxy has been shot down 4 times by the same teammate who has been killing team at the crown in a flak turret for 2 hours.
    His weapons are disabled but that flak is hell.

Name is iballistic7 level 56
  2. FriendlyPS4

But team killing keeps it real and fun.......:rolleyes:
  3. FateJH

When your aircraft is shot by the projectiles of an Aspis turret or a Burster or such, the shots count only as "projectiles" and never turn into Flak Bursts before the point of contact. Moereover, under what situation can you shoot when under the effects of weapons lock?
  4. Stormsinger

I believe the original poster said the teamkiller was in a base AA turret. I didn't think it was possible to fire turrets while weapons locked, but I've only managed to lock my weapons 3-4 times since PS2 released. It may be that friendly-fire handling code was borked when construction turrets were added.
  5. Okjoek

I've only had my weapons locked once. And even that was BS because apparently I left one of my vehicles (Valkyrie if I remember right) in a bad spot and people were playing around it/doing something they shouldn't have been doing because I was halfway across the AMP station when I began getting friendly kill notices and they didn't stop... My "WTF" reaction was followed by a weapon lock I had to wait several minutes to go away. I can only imagine it was a glitch.
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Flak doesn't explode when shot at friendly aircraft so it should do almost 0 damage. Killing a galaxy would take like 5 minutes.
    You can't shoot turrets while weaponlocked.
    Are you sure he wasn't from enemy faction and hacked the turret as infiltrator?
    iballistic7 is br 2 and hasn't played for more than 6 months, wrong name? https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428444757389405681