[Suggestion] what if we had.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dugital, Jun 22, 2016.

1. dugital

i was talking a a m8 and we was talking about the updates. and i was thinking the artillery that may come in the game, and i remembered this from the amp station. even tho this is too early, i could not help but think this,
    its already in the game. its sits there and looks cool. but what if we could use it. what do you guys/girls think?
    [IMG]

was also thinking about new better looking engi AI gun, like this, the spitfire is kinda lame, i think.

[IMG]

and lastly clockers are OP when used right, what if they could have a spy-drone that they use clocked and can fly around and spot things , that would be more useful than darts in some ways.

anyway, was just an idea i don't know how valid this is so, any comments???
    • Up x 2
  2. ChickenPotPie

While I am all for new items ingame you should remember a few things...

People greatly, and I do mean GREATLY dislike AoE weapons, specially ones that can potentially hide behind cover and hit a target. That being said, wasn't there talk at one point of making artillery a constructible and having its range be severely limited (As well as taking resources to fire)?

That looks like it be a TR specific turret (Just get rid of one of the chainguns, as we already have a dual chaingun turret ingame). However, I do not think the Spitfire is meant to be a 'place and forget' turret, its more of a 'help you defend' type deal.

Lastly, anything is OP when used right, even pistols but I am confused by your statement... you say they are OP yet want to give them more toys? In any case, I do not see how it would be hard to implement as people claim it is... after all we have the Phoenix which is a remote control missile. As for them being able to cloak... nah, there is a reason you can see enemy motion sensors and the like on the map, its called balance.

EDIT: Welp, I just thought of why we will never have drones... people would just plant ALL the C4 on them and run them into a heavily occupied area and KABOOM! XD
  3. ColonelChingles

[IMG]

Artillery would be AWESOME.
    • Up x 1
  4. dugital

that looks cool mobile artillery
  5. GunGood

I am all for this being in the construction system. Since it looks similar to the Colossus Tank concept art from back in the day, call it the Colossus Turret. And you're right: Since the model of the huge canon is already there in the game, the devs should have no problem adapting this to the construction system. I agree that its range should be limited, and it would have to be balanced so that it's not too OP, but heck yes, put this in the game!
    • Up x 1