Last Rank of Nanoweave + Regen Device

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Hyron, May 27, 2016.

1. Hyron

Hi everyone,

i'm playing NC and there is one question bothering me for a long time.
    As NC i don't realy care about the last Rank of Nanoweave because it saves me in CQC fights only from another bullet of 200 Damage waepons...and it is very expensive :eek:
    But is there any benefit further if you play medic with regen device equiped?
    Theoretical you get 1250 health with nanoweave maxed out. So two additional bullets of 125 and 143 Damage weapons will kill you in their max Damage range. But can an activated regen device help me survie that additional bullet? And is the lanst Rank of Nanoweave worth it's 1000 Certs for a NC Medic?

Thanks for any helpful response :)
  2. Moz

You can seriously pump your survivability with the regen device and a restoration kit!

I would also suggest maxing that Nanoweave if you must use it.

I would suggest Flak or Grenade Bando is better overall, maybe not for what you are trying to create.
  3. Hyron

Are restoration Kits worth their investment? Because have medkits Rank 3 and use them instead of Restoration kits on my classes.

I know that Flak or Bando are better when playing as Support in second line and in large fights with many grenades.
    But i like the idea of the Battle Medic and would like to use theMedic more often in smaller fights.

I will think about your suggested option and setup
  4. Moz

I personally think the fill two different roles. The medical kit you already have can be used for a quick hit of HP, but more often than not is used post engagement to refill!

The Restortaion kit on the other hand can be taken PRE engagement to give you some health back as you fight. I normally use this on a heavy but no reason it couldn't work in your setup.

IMO the Resto device is the better of the two because its more versatile.... the other good thing i that it gets round the med kits not healing when server is busy issue! :)

So you have your nano for protection > Before you engage you pop a Resto kit > when you shields go down put up your regen device.

I could see you REALLY keeping that health bar filled even under fire with this setup.

Have to say i have never tried this way of thinking myself.... I just use my heavy. But it does work very well with the heavy, so no reason it shouldn't with the medic!! :)

If i remember i will give this a try later on today and post back.
  5. Crayv

My ranged Medic build uses nanoweave and the max rank of the shield regen device (get the regen device maxed out first, it will help you get certs for nanoweave).

At range players can't easily get headshots on you so the nanoweave isn't really bypassed, which means the shield regen helps even more as it will add a few bullets to kill as your shield is constantly regenerating. Pop a restro kit as well and both will be regenerating allowing you to tank ranged damage extremely well.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eternaloptimist

Don't forget, the last upgrade of nano might only stop a bullet or two at max damage close range but it does more to protect from being shot at longer ranges.

The nanite regen ability has allowed me to stay in a fight longer, but usually to restore HP quickly after surviving a few hits. I am still certing up my medic but until I can think of a viable way to use C4 I think I will go for resto kits as well, because I can pop one before getting into combat. Think of the nanite regen ability as a sort of inbuilt, reusable regen implant. generally doesn't work fast enough to save you while you're being shot.
    • Up x 1
  7. DooDooBreff

on my medic i run grenade bandolier, c4, and health regen implant. positioning and awareness will keep you alive a lot longer than a couple medkits, or resore kits.

the value of nano weave and lots of other things are based on peoples fetish with 1v1 min maxing. who cares if you can survive one more bullet when theres 48+ trying to kill you, even if theres 2 trying to kill you that nanoweave wont save your bacon.

ill trade a little light weapon resistance to be able to chuck 4 grenades in crowded places any day of the week
  8. DooDooBreff

dont look for ways to use C4. When the need arises, youll be glad to have it.

thats what i do anyway
  9. OldMaster80

Very true but the short duration makes the restokit very situational and probably not worth if you already own the medikits.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Good advice. I'm always forgetting to pop the resto kit anyway so I think I'll switch to C4
  11. Moz

Sorry for the late reply.... not been on for a while.... bit of a necro!

On the heavy its not situational at all, pop one before every encounter and you will win more. Not sure on the medic though... :(
  12. nehylen

It's a hard to properly fathom the benefit of nanoweave. The general reasoning revolves around 1 or 2 more shots at nominal max damage range, which everyone assumes is the correct way of apprehending it, ignoring headshots, leg shots, intermediate damage between tiers, slight damage not healed before (like a nade 3m away) etc...
    I never quite felt the difference from upgrading to NW4 to 5, but sometimes when you survive a hairy situation with a sliver of health left, you know what you owe it too. Or what you lost too, if you're seeing the virtually inexistent health bar of your killer.

It's not worth 1K, but if you're intent on playing medic with NW a lot, it will necessarily save you once in a while when NW4 wouldn't have.
    • Up x 3