[Suggestion] To: The Developers (Construction System Is Great!+Suggestions since I used the Construction System)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Destroyer0370

1. This one change the game for the positive I think, but it would take a lot of programming I suppose...
    Ability for a Structure to Cut into the Map ground. The ground space that it takes up will disappear and will reappear when the structure is destroyed. You can use structures like these for Underground Infantry bunkers, Sunders to drive in and deploy, whatever..

|
    |_________________|
  2. Darkence Evil Taco

ps4 player(so I haven't played yet)
    but would it be a good idea to have one continent made only for construction? (not saying others would or wouldn't have it but this would be "special")

the back story could involve this area is rich with the material.
    (for ps4 it could be either new or hossin (hossin is sadly lacking in population on ps4)

the are would consist of:
    3 warpgates
    3 tech (or 1)
    3 bio (or 1)
    3 amp (or 1)
    9 to 18 mid bases* (depending on size of map)
    30 blank tarratories ^

*bases would have no build areas and placed to help set boundaries for start of unlocking other than tech/bio/amp

^empty tarratories where you need to build to "claim". (build anywhere in zone)
    -- areas still linked by linkage
    -- to take area opposition would need to build own base in territory and destroy opposed bases.
    -- vehicle deployments would be needed and conditions of what type would need to be set.
    -- resources would need to be increased.
    -- change amp station hold perks to ability to make ant deployment stations. tech stays same. bio stays same. (idk couldn't think of better)

again haven't played just thought for ps4 this would be good idea due to tempo. if it's dumb or useless just ignore
  3. T-G-K

What about vehicle gates that are cheaper than the Sundy garage? And unlocked to all players?

Right now a good and closed off base has no means for ants to get inside to supply the silos. We have to either create some weird entry method or fill the silo/s to max and then close off and just deal with what we have saved up. Or even more in inefficient.. keep deleting a certain wall section everytime we need to restock the silo.

Basically we need an easy method of accessing our bases with vehicles without the need of the expensive sundy garage.

Also, we seriously do need vehicle pads, but instead of JUST vehicle resources, it also uses a lot of cortium to keep it balanced.
  4. Nie_Tutaj

-Give ANTs the ability to deconstruct or repair enemy and friendly vehicles, similar to engineers damaging tanks in Battlefield. This would give ANTs an interesting quirck for players to use during fights. For example, an ANT squad flanking and deconstructing an enemy front, or ANTs deconstructing and repairing vehicles after a major base is taken. Getting rid of abandoned vehicles and repairing tanks at very quick rates.
    -Give infantry classes (Light Assault, Engineer, etc.) an optional secondary weapon that can mine cortium. This would give the two extra people allowed transport in an ANT to do something to contribute to mining.
    • Up x 2
  5. Crayv

I have two things I would like to see

1: Large cortium fields near the warpgates. As in just a little outside the bubble, inside the restricted area for those who don't own the warpgate. This is so you always have an area you can find it if you are willing to do a long and dangerous drive to wherever your HIVE is. Since it is inside the restricted area enemies can't use it to build a base right outside of an enemy warpgate.

2: The mining turret on the ANT can also deposit into a silo and both the gunner and the driver get shared exp for mining/depositing cortium.
    • Up x 2
  6. Destroyer0370

1. Need structures, when built, to show SMALL repair module symbol, Shield module(if it is a bunker or Wall), inside(bunker) or on them(wall/turrets) so we know that they are being affected by a module or group of modules.
    i.e. when you walk in the bunker, up the little ramp, you can see the symbol(s) on the side of the bunker in the little passage way.

2. Need ability to interact with the modules to turn them "on" or "off" by interacting with them AND using the console on the silo(another method) to do so.
    One Reason: The shielding module, when active, and a player is trying to put a module down in the garage for a bit more cover, cannot place the item(module), because the game says that the path is blocked(the shield that the shielding module prevents placement). A person, currently, has to destroy the shielding module then place down whatever, and make a new shielding module. Second reason: Sometimes cortium very low and need to save some, therefore a person can turn off whatever modules they see fit in the situation to save some cortium(i.e. when base surrounded by enemies and cannot go out and get more cortium etc.).
  7. Nano(zip/zap)

I think the turrets need to have upgrades for HP and heat especially the AV an AA ones overheat very fast compared to their fixed counter parts. Also the AI modules need an upgrade to increase effective range right now tanks and some aircraft fire from outside the AI response range.

The walls and bunkers should be able to cycle between variants, based on the shooting port size and number. This would also work to make adjustable sizes of walls. Other options for wall/bunker/turret option that could be made are something like the walls but in the center of the wall make a gun like the Engineer's AI or AV turrets that can be blown up and repaired separately from the wall it's self. Or something like a turret in the center and limited rotation and two shields (that look like those on a spawn room) on either side so the turret can have people stationed to either side. The wall turrets shouldn't be activated by the AI modules. There should also be an option to turn a wall into a shielded gate either by use of an upgrade or cycling though different types of walls.

Next bunkers could come in 3-4 shapes bases on size and number of view ports. Like a small would have 3 sides total 2 view ports and a door, medium would be a cube shape with 3 view ports, large is like the current bunker, and the maxed sized could be a hexagon or octagon shape, with 4 to 6 view ports.

Lastly the sky shields should have upgrades that extend the radius the shield covers.

If they made another continent where building was more important I would vote to make these structures build able in special hexes.
    Cortium Mine: acts as an automatic harvester slowly mines cortium from the ground and fills and Silos in the hex.

Forward Operating Base (FOB): a large square shaped pad that hold a small spawn room and a vehicle spawn point and 4 turrets on the corners.

Research Center: Large circular building has an outer ring with bunker like view ports, only 1 per faction can be built at a time uses huge amounts of cortium to function can be filled like a silo but holds 500k instead of just 50k, gives 1 random faction wide bonus as long as it's active, cortium use would be like 30-100 per second which is much more than a hive's 3 per second.

These structure would only be build able on 1 continent and only in designated hexes between bases.
  8. Destroyer0370

Need the ability to make "Empire Specific Module". Taken from what is already in the game...
    - All the "Empire Specific Module", will use up cortium at a fairly fast rate if they get activated.
    - NC will have a module that, when activated, gives shielding to all Silo influenced structures.
    - TR's module will be what faster "firing rate and projectile speed" their base turrets.
    - Vanu, with their Module that is activated, will have "more damage and splash radius/larger area of effect indirect damage" from base turrets.
  9. Destroyer0370

Ribbons.
    - Mining Ribbon
    -Base building Ribbon (when a certain amount of structures are built)
    - VP Generation Ribbon
    - Continent Capture Ribbon (when the player captures a certain amount of Continents, then they get a ribbon)
    - Outstanding Victory Ribbon (When a faction, in an even population situation/all 3 factions have approximately same percentage of people, captures a continent before Alert timer is finished.
  10. Destroyer0370

1. Building Status. Need the ability to go to Silo Console and ANT console to view all status of built structures. i.e you see each and the "100%" health symbol if a building is not damaged.

2. 1 more AI turret module please, since we have 3 turrets. sometimes, because of terrain, we cannot put a turret on AI module. So 3 AI modules for 3 Turrets would be great. Currently it is only 2 AI modules can be built.

3. Can you make it that we can overlap Repair Modules, and put them beside each other, Shield modules, etc. please?

4. Can you make it that the AI Module can be build close to the Skyshield module also? Currently, for some reason, there is a red circle that prevents it from building close to it.
  11. Destroyer0370

1. More adaptable Building placement. i.e. if a person is placing down a bunker on steep terrain(and it over hangs/no ground under some parts of its base), such as a mountain, then the lower part of the bunker(its base) should automatically extend downward until it reaches ground, so that the bunker can be placed.

2. Length, Width, Height increase and decrease of a Building, like Garage(to provide more cover) and Silo(to hold more or less cortium).

- A person when having a Garage/Silo ready to be place down can press the alternative fire keyboard key(whatever key assigned) and cycle through the Length,Width,High with that assigned key. Then use the “-” and “+” keys to increase or decrease the structures specifications.

- The Length, Width, Height will show on screen(all 3 at the same time, if Length/Width/Height were change from default by the player), at the corner for example along with the effects if it Silo. i.e...
    Silo Capacity: 25000 units (if the player were to reduce its dimensions evenly, Length+Width+Height evenly)
    Length:
    Width:
    Height:
    Cost: (Note: “Cost:”, in cortium, only shows if the player increases the building size. The player will have to go back to the console and re-equip the building if it is more expensive. Note: Silos do not adhere to this, even when the player increase their size, as they are free/cost 1000 cortium.)

How to go about doing it in the game...
    Just simply make the game fill in the missing space that has the same black looking metal colour, from the center of the building whether it being Length,Width, Height that is being modified.
  12. NXR1

Oh yeah that shield has to go, with a fully maxed out 10k cargo hold they can go for almost 2 minutes of invincibility.
  13. Destroyer0370

With my above post regarding able to change the Length,Width,Height of a building...

In the case of Silo which is round/has a circular footprint then both Length and Width will affect each other, as it is a circle. So if a player increases the Length then the Width will also be shown to be increased the same amount or vice versa.

There are reasons for a player to decrease a silo's size. One reason is to make it smaller and get some more cover i.e. in the Garage or Natural terrain. The trade off would be that it holds less Cortium, if it was smaller than a default one.
  14. Kubin

It has most likely been said here, but I haven't read the whole thread so here are my 2 certs:

- Would you kindly allow the structures - mostly walls - to overlap on the edges (let's say the outer edges, about 5% of the wall's width would have "noclip" when placing them) so we can "merge" them with other buildings and terrain, not to leave gaps inbetween structures? That would really make the base designing more seamless and pleasant experience :)
  15. Destroyer0370

1. Locking Turrets refined. Can you make it that we can specify "Lock (AI)" that makes it impossible to use if it is Influenced by a AI module. Therefore everyone including Empire, Squad and Platoon Members will only be able to use the turrets IF the AI module is destroyed.

2. Are you guys going to give all these options and others, in the Silo console screen+ANT console Screen? It would be nice.
  16. Pelimanni

Remove friendly fire on friendly buildings.
    A Good placement of buildings can turn into a nightmare if a smart enemy clears all personnel out and sits in buildings you built.
    Small windows allow enemies to hide within the structure and all your explosive misfires count toward friendly fire resulting eventually in a weapons lock. Put a max in a building your enemy built and you're golden.
  17. guerrillaman

Can we make it that. ...If you wish to deconstruct an item, you must get an OK from the silo owner, like a notifying yes or no. This will prevent ******** from deconstructing your hard work. Public base building is becoming more common it seems. And so are the idiots.
  18. Destroyer0370

1. Gate for our Bases. Preferably a sliding gate, that can be set in the ground a little bit up or down, like the walls, to accommodate the base design, because the terrain is not always flat.

2. Make the Rival Chassis Sunder able to go up mountains like the ANT, so we can get it up on a high base, if we build it on high terrain. Currently the incline that the ANT can go up, whether with Rival chassis or Speed chassis, the sunder cannot.
  19. Destroyer0370

1. Camouflage for all player made structures, to buy perhaps?

2. In conjunction with the above...Decals/images on the buildings also would be a good idea, like you do on vehicles.

3. Are you people going to make the shorter variant of the "anti infantry turret" and "Anti air" turrets like how you did with the anti vehicle turret? That would be nice, because they are very vulnerable with their height also!

4. Can you make it that we can fill up other Friendly ANTS with our ANT? It is use for secondary storage, if silo full and it deployed, so in that circumstance.

Important!!!!!.....
    5. Perhaps make it that when, a continent opens or when a territory is capture, then some bases can be placed down anywhere in the territory they are found. i.e. say a faction captures a large base like a tower base(Indar excavation etc.), then the base disappears, then use ANTS to mine Cortium to make back the permanent Base(a separate option screen will be there if you access the ANT's Console to build the missing Permanent Base structures)! (Note: It is, as said above, only permanent if it is not captured or if the Continent locks then opens)
  20. Gr1mw0lf

3 things i would like to see, one of them allready got mentioned here.

1. Dont restrict the Turrets to 1 for each purpose. Would prefer more: U got a max. of 4 turrets, adjust like u want from the 4 types.
    2. Tunnel-Function. - Connect an outside placed Bunker (for example) with a sunderer-garage via one-way-below-earth-track like its allready in Techplants or Amp-Stations. (the whole thing as a support-construction). And ofc with a limited max. ranged xD
    3. Give the structures higher tolerances for overlaping. Why i shouldnt connect a sundy-garage or a Bunker with a Wall, so they are closed and safe. Ofc u shouldnt be able to overlap a wall through a whole garage. But just some higher tolerances while connecting the structures.