Vanu Sovereignty vehicles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Syllabear, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Syllabear

Since they are "technological advanced", why do they need wheels? I think all their vehicles should be all aylmaos and everygun kinda lazors. And since they use lazers to fire their guns, they would have more "ammo" and faster reload.
    • Up x 1
  2. Sh4n4yn4y

The Empire Specific Vehicles of the VS are Scythes and Magriders. Neither of which have wheels. The rest are NS vehicles. Same goes for their weapons. They go pew pew pew, unless they're NS weapons.

How did you manage to complete the Tutorial?
    • Up x 1
  3. Kubin

• Up x 6
  4. chuck105

This looks really great. Even ES art, not even gameplay changes, would make it easier to identify friendly vehicles. Sundies need this, I often have to wait until I can spot or am fired upon before knowing for sure if a sundy is friendly or not.
  5. Daigons

6. customer548

We NEED those hovering bikes.
  7. Capernici

The Lightning doesn't really fit the style of any of the factions. They would need a full redesign to be ES. (Please)
    • Up x 1
  8. FateJH

It's not laser; it's plasma.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lamat

Why would lasers have more ammo? Do you know how much energy a laser or plasma requires to do damage? We have had laser technology for decades and the main reason they haven't made it to the battlefield much is the limits on portable energy. Lasers also have over heating issues, many lasers can only fire a few burst before requiring a cooling period.

Then from the game balance perspective, if VS had all this they would have to also be given some major weakness. In a single player game you could do all this, in a multiplayer game there is always a balance burden that can restrict what would be cool to have.
    • Up x 2
  10. LordKrelas

Hell, don't forget the ease \ problem of having to replace numerous parts, due to burn-outs, coolant refills, and the range issue.
    Diffusion of energy into air etc etc..
    So yeah, range is in itself also a problem for potency at a distance, let alone the power costs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sil4ntChaozz

I was looking for something cool as a reference, thanks.
  12. Lamat

Those faction vehicles look cool, but what role would they play when we already have the harrasser?
  13. adamts01

They would replace the Harasser and Flash. Basically just cosmetic changes.
  14. stalkish

Who necrod?

We have:
    • 23 LMGS
    • 26 Assault Rifles
    • 26 Carbines
    • 3 ES Heavy weapons
    • 17 Rocket Launchers
    • 24 Sidearms
    • 19 Shotguns
    • 24 Sniper rifles
    • 12 SMGs
    • 6 Battle Rifles
    • 8 Scount Rifles
    • 20 MAX weapons
    They certainly dont need a reason to keep adding guns (new pistols, NSX weapons).
    So why do they need a reason to keep adding vehicles?
  15. Kristan

Nice necro.

There are already ES cosmetics for Lightning. At least there is VS one that makes it look like a mini Magrider and hides the tracks.