[BUG] S tupid Idea to make the Skyshield lose shield Now base get destroyed without almost no effort!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Destroyer0370

To Developers: you listen to a tread, apparently, that I saw here in the forums. I now playing the game on Esamirand 15 or 20 tanks/mostly lightings just pound the shield and it go down so quickly and they blow up the base with ease with their tanks. The skyshield is now worthless!!! they just have to spawn lots of tanks and shoot it easily and that is what they did. base got destroyed in maybe 40 seconds. I setup it up in ditch and the skyshied was the only defence I got to stop a people from coming easily. SKYSHIELD is now CRAP! BASE construction is now CRAP, we can't protect our base from easily spawned vehicles. You went and listened to that Thread, people complaining and to make it overload and go down, so now you have huge unbalance, and we can't protect our base, with the only thing significant we had to(The Skyshield).
  2. Scr1nRusher

Why are the forums turning into crap lately?

It's like a giant light for stupid moths right now.
    • Up x 1
  3. Syllabear

Is that you are posting more often, that happens.
  4. The Rogue Wolf

Twenty tanks pounding on anything ought to be able to take it down pretty quickly.
  5. Jake the Dog

Not against the whole shield thing at all, but it doesn't take 20 tanks, I know for a fact it takes at most 2 lockdown prowler with gunner to get through 2 skyshields, the core shield and kill the core itself, granted the defenders had ample time to defend themselves... too bad we killed their ability to defend themselves...
  6. Aphlack

Just going to point out the not so obvious:

People have been using skyshields wrong all this time. They are not designed to be placed in a crater to provide invulnerability to an entire base deep in the crater. They are intended to be placed on flat terrain to provide shielding from AIR attacks. So yes, the the balance was good. 20 tanks attacking the base should be able to target the sky shield and blow it up to allow for air support.

The update made this aspect of the construction system to work how it is intended to.
  7. Keiichi25

Or the fact that the air shields were designed to mitigate air attacks, forcing the need for Ground attacks to take a base.

The Base construction thing was never meant to be 'nigh invulnerable'. Just not easy to take down. Some of you are forgetting this.
  8. Sh4n4yn4y

As previously stated, if built in a crater, it made the base nearly impossible to destroy. If a fort is manned, they can easily decimate attacking forces, even with a weak sky shield. Engineers, repair modules and enough cannons to stop a zerg.
  9. Scr1nRusher

10/10 new troll account.
    • Up x 1
  10. FailasaurusRex

I only returned to try out the buildables. To find out they were actually effective and done well, was a surprise.
    What was not a surprise? Knowing full well that those who cannot think or see beyond a straight line, would cry till things were once again easy.
    Good idea and good implementation only to be dragged back to easy mode.
    • Up x 1
  11. Syllabear

Or 4-5 prowlers.
  12. Sh4n4yn4y

Except if that skyshield is in a crater, it goes beyond seeing in a straight line. The only way to destroy them is going through them, which damages people and vehicles, leaving them incredibly vulnerable to the defenders, and it rapidly becomes a large scale version of Spawnwarriors, where the spawn room warriors have the advantage.
  13. Pelojian

my, my it's an atrocity that a base should actually be like a FORTRESS? i've destroyed bases with air shields with ground units from terrain above them, here's the thing you need multiple people to fire on the shield then you need to focus fire on the shield module (you know that the shield effect practically tells you where it is?)

player build bases are meant to be sieged rather then rolled over when the bases' designers actually thought their defenses through and put their base on good defensible terrain, if you can't win by siege win by attrition and resource denial(almost the exact same way vehicle circle a standard base while the infantry push as a team).

this is where i think they should let players reserve part of a silo's resources for powering things, then you can ramp up cortium consumption a bit to make attacking by attrition and resource denial more effective without hurting players that make 1-3 man bases.
  14. Jawarisin

Nope, you're just noticing it more. And to be honest, that's how you used to seem. (Though you've been way better recently, no clue what happened with you.)

I mean just look at most air thread. Regardless of opinions, you'll see people saying stuff like a 50% RoF and 50% magazine size increase on skyguard; and they'll call that a "slight(small) buff".