When will we get our lasher max?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminari, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ObiVanuKenobi

TR get more bullets and lower accuracy = OP. Nerf Butcher and Failstorm pls.
  2. Liewec123

people saying Lasher is bad have no idea how to use it,
    used right it is one of the most powerful tools in the game,
    i have several clips that i hope to make in to a compilation some day of me effortlessly butchering enemies without really aiming.

a max with 2 lashers would be pretty dam OP at melting every enemy in a room.
    • Up x 1
  3. thed1rt

A medic with heal aura that knows how to headshot will beat a heavy with a lasher every time. Lasher is only good if your team already has dominant position.
    • Up x 2
  4. Luminari

Same as an NC scattermax. Or a ravenmax for that. Or a TR Pounder max. VS don't have anything for their maxes which can clear a room in 5 seconds while the other factions do.
    • Up x 1
  5. LaughingDead

How about NC maxes get an anti infantry and anti max shotgun variant?!
  6. Daigons

Whenever I use a VS Max, I feel like I came to the fight in the Small Bus Sundy. None of the other factions seem to fear it, in fact they seem to run to it with guns a blazing. While playing the other factions Maxs, the enemies seem to dive to cover while players with C4 & Tank mines get themselves ready.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nihil

I'd like to see the maxes have guns for arms, or for maxes to hold weapons with both hands. Imagine a max carrying LARGE Lasher in the way the TR HA carries the mini chain gun.
  8. Liewec123

i agree with pounders, semi agree with scatmax (though the clip size and reload time is a major limitation), totally disagree with ravens (they're slow firing and take 3 shots to kill.) also a VS with nebulas or cosmos can wreak havoc in a room.
  9. Shadowomega

Blueshifts actually get a stealth nerf to their cof months ago, so their no longer as accurate as they once were, and is about as accurate as the Cycler max weapon is now. I have been using Nebulas mostly due to the numbers of enemies that just rush up to me not running and hiding like I see people do when the TR or NC max enter a room. Though After the Gorgon's release I have been sporting those to put fear into the NC splat maxs that walking into a room like their an Avatar of War & Death. Nothing funnier then seeing those that see themselves a fear incarnate leaving fleeing with their tail between their legs as those Gorgons tear through their armor like paper.

@Liewec Cosmos is just as accurate as NC slug mattock, just more has more bullets and fire rate. More like is the guys did more damage with the blueshift and got the fatal blow on the Cosmos. Which is how my Cosmos for my left arm is Auraxiumed while my blueshift on the right arm is still 200 or so away.
  10. WeRelic

Having auraxiumed the base Lasher, and being ~75% of the way to auraxing the Lasher AE, I approve.

To those saying it's useless; You're wrong. It's not a direct killer, but it's a flow control weapon. When I use it, I can directly control whether or not people push a doorway. It's also fantastic against maxes. Not sure exactly why, but it just melts them.
  11. Nody

Not that I'm in any way favor of putting s suppressing weapon as a AI MAX weapon which would guarantee weapon lock for every user but the way to do it would be around orb size & AoE effect. Close range, bigger orb, bigger lash, slower speed, higher damage fall off, long range faster orb, smaller orb, smaller AoE etc.
  12. Stigma

That's what makes this post funny - TR and VS MAX AI weapons are blatant carbon-copies of eachother. Each weapon category is the same except that VS will a slight bit more accuracy on it, and TR will have a slight bit more RPM.

So generally it's very hard to argue for the superiority of either one considering how very similar they are.

If I had to pick a winner I'd say I tend to prefer blueshifts over anything else - just because even the most accurate AI weapons are hardly accurate enough. Conversely, even the least DPS weapons are more than strong enough. That's why guns like the Onslaught is generally junk. A few percent more theoretical DPS doesn't end up mattering at all when your bullets don't land. Even CQC versus a max using a high RPM AI gun I think I'd prefer to have a Mercy or Blueshift, because if the fight moves in close that just means I can now headshot consistently while the other guy still has to reply on bodyshots just to land most of his bullets.

-Stigma
  13. TeknoBug

You mean PPA MAX.

I've done that with a group, I was the one shooting charged Spiker rounds. :p

I have slugs on dual Scattercannons, works pretty well up to about 50m or so, but I use dual Gorgons now since I can hit just about everything from infantry to Galaxies.
  14. LodeTria

It's the splash damage, as MAXES are very resistant to Infantry guns but has poor explosive resistance without FLAK armour.
  15. Gundem

Eh... Define "Very" resistant.

Resistant? Sure. But they also sacrifice TTK potential with highly inaccurate weapons.

Just 5 standard infantry focusing down a MAX can kill it with small arms in less then a second.
  16. LodeTria

Well 80% resistance (or 87.5% with kinetic) resistant to be precise. The Lasher's splash damage ignores this resistance completely.
    Also 5 heavies can kill a sunderer in less than a second, what's your point. Being outnumbered doesn't make you not resistant to things.
  17. William Petersen

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a 3-shot-burst shotgun on my NC MAX.

Also, as to the OP itself, aren't the TR and VS MAX weapons almost identical?
  18. PasitheeVS

I don't see why VS shouldn't get a Lasher MAX, because:

TR already has a Lasher on their MAXes labeled as "Fracture".

Maybe after the A2A and then the G2A/A2G balance passes we will get a MAX balance pass, balancing the Shotgun AI Maxes to the Non-Shotgun-AI-MAX niveau and a finally somehow useful ZOE. Having ES Heavy Weapon traited weapons on MAXes in addition would be nice. VS would get a Lasher, TR an AI weapon with spin-up and NC a Shotgun with burst-mechanic.
    Maybe we will have a Tank balance pass before that, maybe also various infantry balance passes, but let's see...
  19. CommanderC2121

How about giving the nc something besides another god damn shotgun? Please? It sucks having AI weaponry with an effective range of 1 foot
  20. Thardus

Yeah. That's more a coincidence than anything else.